2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Rush is one of my top choices!

If anybody would be nice enough to respond to my following question I would appreciate it. I got a 29 on my recent MCAT, including an 8 on VR. I've read on other forums that Rush only takes a minimum of 9 on each section, but on the MSAR it says that the 10th percentile for verbal was 8. I guess it doesn't really matter because I am retaking it again in a month and I hope to do better, but I am just curious if an 8 on VR would automatically screen someone out for Rush.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school have a strong in-state preference? I know it's a private school and i really want to apply but the MSAR #s make it seems like it is very difficult to get in OOS despite the relatively low overall averages in avg MCAT and GPA

Does this school have a strong in-state preference? I know it's a private school and i really want to apply but the MSAR #s make it seems like it is very difficult to get in OOS despite the relatively low overall averages in avg MCAT and GPA

I also want to know this too as I'm OOS.

I also want to know this too as I'm OOS.

I wouldn't say so. I am an incoming M1 OOS and judging from our Facebook group, it seems that there is a pretty good number of oos.

The supplementary website still isn't open for 2013. I want to start writing my essays for the secondary but I'm afraid this year's questions may be slightly different than the sample ones they have on their website. Hopefully it'll open up soon.

On the front page of the secondary site it said that the supplemental app will be opened "on or about July 1." On another page it says July 16.

1st? 16th? Has anyone heard info leaning towards either date?

On the front page of the secondary site it said that the supplemental app will be opened "on or about July 1." On another page it says July 16.

As of today the supplemental website is closed and not even the options that were previously available on the side, i.e. sample supp app, are available. My guess is that they are currently preparing this year's supplemental site and it should be up real soon. But that's just a guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
List honors/employment/volunteering again? I feel like half of this is just a repeat of the primary.

List honors/employment/volunteering again? I feel like half of this is just a repeat of the primary.

seriously.....i don't understand this. so effing stupid.

Okay, now I'm wondering the same thing. Anybody know if the secondary is gonna open soon or are we gonna have to wait until July 16th?

On my address bar, when I click to the secondary page, the end of the address ends in something like "active=july16"

Seems like we have some time.

I hope so. I'm barely keeping up right now.

From the Rushsupp website:

"The 2013 supplemental application is scheduled to open in mid-July. As we continue to test all materials within this website we are experiencing ongoing technical issues and apologize for the inconvenience you may experience. If you were/are able to gain access prior to the mid-July official opening, you experienced a glitch in the system which we are addressing. Please monitor this Information page for any further updates regarding the opening date. We look forward to receiving your application materials and wish you the best during this process."

Any updates on this? As a reapplicant, I got an email saying I was rejected on the 2nd, then an email on the 6th saying this was an error. So confused.

Good luck all!

Im an incoming M1 so feel free to ask questions.

In case anyone is wondering when the supplementary site opens (I swear it seems like I've been talking to myself on this thread), the rushsupp url now has "ActiveDate=7/17/2012," if that's a clue.

Damn, this secondary is a beast isn't it? I need to pre-write it tonight!

SDN is seriously awesome for having all this information. I don't think I could make it through an application cycle on my own.

Now it says "ActiveDate=7/18/12." I give up, I have no idea what's going on with this secondary. I'll just wait until it opens and I'll have to stop speculating as to when that will be.

Now it says "ActiveDate=7/18/12." I give up, I have no idea what's going on with this secondary. I'll just wait until it opens and I'll have to stop speculating as to when that will be.

I think you should get an admit based solely on your desire to fill out this secondary :laugh: Best of luck to you this cycle!

Good, keep pushing it back! :)

Rush is a wonderful school in what I believe is the best city in the US.

I was accepted here last cycle but will be attending GU. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions about the secondary.

received secondary email, but secondary website still not working....

It says that they want 2 LORS + 1 committee letter?? What if my undergrad didn't have a pre-health committee? Can I just do 3 LORS (2 being from science faculty)?

It says that they want 2 LORS + 1 committee letter?? What if my undergrad didn't have a pre-health committee? Can I just do 3 LORS (2 being from science faculty)?

I think your reading comprehension is out of commission for the day.

Rush Medical College requires one of the following:

- ONE Committee Letter OR

- TWO letters written by individual recommenders, at least one of whom has had substantial contact with you in the 24 months preceding the application. Your two (2) individual letters may be sent to AMCAS individually or as part of a packet.

I'm greeted with their off-season message as well from the link in the email...

I swear man. do any of these schools even look at the primary application outside of your GPA and MCAT. Sheesh

If I remember correctly, my interviewers were given my full application and one asked me questions directly related to it. He flat out started with , "So you went to ------- high school, huh?" He definitely had an idea of who I was before I walked in.

Gonna try to get this beast done tonight. Having to work in the afternoon/evening sucks when secondaries get sent in the afternoon..

Gonna try to get this beast done tonight. Having to work in the afternoon/evening sucks when secondaries get sent in the afternoon..
are you able to access it? i get the seasonal message when i click on the supp website.

are you able to access it? i get the seasonal message when i click on the supp website.

Oh, haven't tried. Lets see...

Nope. Seasonal message as well. I'm gonna assume it's the same as last year and work ont hat one.

Status
Not open for further replies.