-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Rush Medical College Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
um trust me if you don't get in anywhere you will not feel accomplished. you will feel like you just wasted a **** ton of money.Supplemental app season is stressful!! Rush seems like an awesome school. Can't wait to be done. Even if I don't get in anywhere, I feel like I've accomplished something.
not to rain on your accomplishment parade or anything.
um trust me if you don't get in anywhere you will not feel accomplished. you will feel like you just wasted a **** ton of money.
not to rain on your accomplishment parade or anything.
Lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Supplemental app season is stressful!! Rush seems like an awesome school. Can't wait to be done. Even if I don't get in anywhere, I feel like I've accomplished something.
What will you have accomplished?
What will you have accomplished?
Ummm...single-handedly given Visa or MasterCard their best fiscal quarter in years?
gave an adcom their xmas bonus?Ummm...single-handedly given Visa or MasterCard their best fiscal quarter in years?
Ummm...single-handedly given Visa or MasterCard their best fiscal quarter in years?
I'm actually a little disappointed I haven't gotten a call yet about all these random $75-$130 charges in the last 2-3 weeks.
I'm actually a little disappointed I haven't gotten a call yet about all these random $75-$130 charges in the last 2-3 weeks.
Haha my account actually got frozen because I was spending so much more than normal. It's all good now though 😛
Looks like the website is up
Looks like the website is up
Finally!
Anyone know if being employed in clinical research is considered employment in a health-related field?
If you are working directly with patients, I would say so. In that essay or whatever, emphasize your interactions then not the lab work.
Just remember that I am not an adcom or authority of any sort. If you want a real answer for Rush specifically, send an email or call the office. Jill Volk is the best.
I swear man. do any of these schools even look at the primary application outside of your GPA and MCAT. Sheesh
Well... Looks like I need to eat my words. Nothing to see hear... a very sensible secondary that doesn't ask you to explain again after AMCAS. Luckily, this year doesn't have that same aura from the application of last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
.
Last edited:
Well... Looks like I need to eat my words. Nothing to see hear... a very sensible secondary that doesn't ask you to explain again after AMCAS. Luckily, this year doesn't have that same aura from the application of last year.
Same here. I actually just came in here to ask if they are serious.. I mean they bolded "not" so I'm assuming they really don't want any explanation whatsoever. I'm leaving the box completely empty...
does anyone know how to denote if an activity is going to be continued to the next year do we put anticipated end date or do we leave it blank? thanks!
does anyone know how to denote if an activity is going to be continued to the next year do we put anticipated end date or do we leave it blank? thanks!
The instructions, somewhere, say to put the day submitted.
does anyone know how to denote if an activity is going to be continued to the next year do we put anticipated end date or do we leave it blank? thanks!
Yes, I know how to read. Thank you for asking!
Man.. my birth certificate/passport are at my parents house. Guess I have to wait for those before I can submit.
Yeah mine too 🙄 and no e-pay? Lame!
Man.. my birth certificate/passport are at my parents house. Guess I have to wait for those before I can submit.
Might want to submit anyway... never know if you forget to once you mail those in along with the form.
Same with my passport ha. And I have no checks so my parents will be writing one out. $75 saved, yes!!
Might want to submit anyway... never know if you forget to once you mail those in along with the form.
Yea I just did. I had to mark "No" for research because I didn't participate in any of the things they had listed. I just did data, but no pubs or presentations or anything. I guess they'll see it on my AMCAS.
Same with my passport ha. And I have no checks so my parents will be writing one out. $75 saved, yes!!
Lucky 🙂
ugh right! this 2 letters thing is a pain in the arseI wonder which letters are my two strongest...
So off topic but I thought it was funny to see this on the front page since my current PIs collaborator Jochen Rieser MD/PhD (currently nephrology at UMiami's Med School) is taking the chair of internal medicine position at Rush. He's in the process of packing up his lab now and my lab might just follow them (without me). Just figured you guys might want to know, he's very pro research obviously but is also a great clinician and overall very amicable guy. Thought you guys might like to know.
Last edited:
so it says not to describe experiences in the essays if you already did on AMCAS, it feels weird leaving things blank though. did you guys expand on what you had written? i'm so burnt out though from these essays I'm happy to just write nothing more at this point.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone figured out how to attach their digital picture to the pdf file? I only have two passport style prints, and I have a few more secondaries that might require it.
Convert to a word document.
so it says not to describe experiences in the essays if you already did on AMCAS, it feels weird leaving things blank though. did you guys expand on what you had written? i'm so burnt out though from these essays I'm happy to just write nothing more at this point.
Leave it blank.
Yes, I know how to read. Thank you for asking!
Hey now! I am not sure if this was supposed to be funny or snarky.
Rush students are all about helping each other.
Last edited:
What exactly does a "poster presentation" in terms of research include? I did a year long senior thesis and presented it during a symposium by our school to a group of professors and students. Is that a "poster presentation?" From what I've read it seems to meet the requirements but my work is not peer-reviewed/published.
I did research in the psychology department of my undergrad during my senior year, but I didn't have any poster or presentation. I did describe it on my AMCAS application. Should I just say "yes", but not check any box and leave the field blank?
Submitted and mailed!
same.
Dangit! I wanted to be first on SDN to submit my rushsupp! Oh well, I'll have to settle for second.
This application is actually really easy, especially since it looks like they took out the second essay question, and they don't want you to repeat stuff you put down in your AMCAS application.
This application is actually really easy, especially since it looks like they took out the second essay question, and they don't want you to repeat stuff you put down in your AMCAS application.
Yep, I'll be sending mine off later today.
Could someone answer this, please?I did research in the psychology department of my undergrad during my senior year, but I didn't have any poster or presentation. I did describe it on my AMCAS application. Should I just say "yes", but not check any box and leave the field blank?
yes why woudn't you include it?Could someone answer this, please?
Also, I received a few merit scholarships, and I got an award from my major department when I graduated, should I put that down under the "other" honor sections, and describe it? I already put it down in my AMCAS application.
Hey now! I am not sure if this was supposed to be funny or snarky.
Rush students are all about helping each other.
None of us are Rush students.
Could someone answer this, please?
yes why woudn't you include it?
I tried, it wouldn't let me submit it without checking one of the boxes. I'm going to email them about it in a few days.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No.Does anyone know if shadowing counts as volunteering in a health care field?
I am a Rush student.
And you totally missed my point.
Oh, I thought you were the person I had quoted originally. My fault. I didn't miss your point, I was just saying it was invalid because I thought you were a UG like the rest of us.
Does anyone know if shadowing counts as volunteering in a health care field?
Yes. It doesn't.
Happy that I got a secondary and that it's nice and easy, but LOL at their secondary, with the purple/pink buttons and sparkle things it looks like a middle school girl designed the site 😀
Happy that I got a secondary and that it's nice and easy, but LOL at their secondary, with the purple/pink buttons and sparkle things it looks like a middle school girl designed the site 😀
+1. I was really dreading this secondary, but it ended up being pretty straightforward. I especially like how they explicitly said not to include a description if you did so on your AMCAS rather than something like "Describe, but do not duplicate AMCAS."
I only filled out 2-3 sections of this secondary... I don't have EC's for some of the other categories. Anyone else in the same boat?
Also, does working in a private lab as an assistant count as "active research"?
No pubs or presentations or anything, don't even have my own project... But what I do contributes.
Also, does working in a private lab as an assistant count as "active research"?
No pubs or presentations or anything, don't even have my own project... But what I do contributes.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K