2012-2013 Social Thread!! Let's start networking!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The contrast between your old avatar and your new avatar is stark :laugh: ...you selling out on us bro?

Hope everyone is doing well!

CHEA! I was going to follow suit with my main man Garvey, but decided too many revolutionist in one area might strike Prism to start collecting my online data. I'm just kidding NSA.....or am I :D

Bro I think you fine, the wait was perfectly described. It is def a b****. I never understood why it takes so long for results.

Members don't see this ad.

CHEA! I was going to follow suit with my main man Garvey, but decided too many revolutionist in one area might strike Prism to start collecting my online data. I'm just kidding NSA.....or am I :D

Bro I think you fine, the wait was perfectly described. It is def a b****. I never understood why it takes so long for results.

Yeah especially considering there is no longer a writing session to grade.

PAUSE :laugh: "I think you did fine"

Members don't see this ad :)
PAUSE :laugh: "I think you did fine"

Subliminal :laugh: I was actually describing to somebody today how I'm banking on my good looks giving me a subliminal advantage over other interviewees :cool: :laugh:

And I appreciate it...these last 6 days are gonna be a long a*s wait

Subliminal :laugh: I was actually describing to somebody today how I'm banking on my good looks giving me a subliminal advantage over other interviewees :cool: :laugh:

:naughty: Heeeyyyy! ;) lol

I'm chillin, waiting another week for the MCAT scores to come out. The wait is a b*tch cause I just wanna know if I'm going to need to reschedule for August or not. I'm thinking anything below a 29 I'm going to have to reschedule.

Not necessarily.... 28 here... Applied to 17 schools.... 11 interviews... 4 acceptances.... 7 wait lists... You never know bro

Not necessarily.... 28 here... Applied to 17 schools.... 11 interviews... 4 acceptances.... 7 wait lists... You never know bro

I feel you, but your GPA is also a bit higher than mine too

Haha man any advantage is an advantage. I just wish it was some subliminally advantaged looking chicks at some of my interviews :smuggrin:

True that brethren.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats Chem on taking the Mcat and hopefully you did better than your practices! Do you have a dream school? Are you interested in both MD and DO? The rest of you applicants are welcome to answer too? Is there any specific region you're targeting or avoiding like the plague?

My MCAT journey is over y'all! 11/11/10 (32) :love:

:clap:
You're awesome!! Congrats!

Congrats and nicely done!

Congrats!!!!!! You're going to do awesome this cycle!

Congrats!!! Happy for you!

Congrats brother, told you not to worry :thumbup:

Big congrats dude!

I appreciate all the love and support yall -- for real. It's tough out here for us URMs but I'm glad we all hold eachother down on here.

I'ma post my school list either here or the 2018ers thread in a little bit and would appreciate opinions from yall that have been thru this mess! :laugh:

I'ma post my school list either here or the 2018ers thread in a little bit and would appreciate opinions from yall that have been thru this mess! :laugh:

I would recommend the WAMC forum rather than the 2018. The ppl that are in it with you (especially on SDN) tend to have all this advice that's not based on actual knowledge. Class of 2017 here is happy to provide input tho!

I would recommend the WAMC forum rather than the 2018. The ppl that are in it with you (especially on SDN) tend to have all this advice that's not based on actual knowledge. Class of 2017 here is happy to provide input tho!

I meant the 2018ers here in the URM forum. I'm not going to post in the WAMC forum cause most of those people are misinformed and they are the blind leading the blind and do not understand what it's like to apply as a URM. If I post my stats in there they'll tell me to go DO when I know I'll make it into a decent MD school lol...I'm really only interested in the opinion of my fellow URMs who have gone through the process.

I meant the 2018ers here in the URM forum. I'm not going to post in the WAMC forum cause most of those people are misinformed and they are the blind leading the blind and do not understand what it's like to apply as a URM. If I post my stats in there they'll tell me to go DO when I know I'll make it into a decent MD school lol...I'm really only interested in the opinion of my fellow URMs who have gone through the process.

Good call. I never asked a WAMC question on SDN ever cuz ppl would've told me to give up on medicine all together with my stats and I'm accepted one place and waitlisted at my dream school.

Speaking of, I'm going to start a daily calling crusade at dream school since I have orientation in a couple weeks. Any body have any suggestions? I already feel like a broken record expressing that I'm still really interested and it's my top choice.

So be straight with me yall.

CGPA: 3.30 (blame it on the 2 engineering degrees lol)
SGPA: 3.35
Graduate GPA: 4.00 (Microbiology M.S.)
MCAT: 32 -- PS: 11 VR: 11 BS: 10

Schools:
University of California San Francisco School of Medicine
University of Chicago - The Pritzker School of Medicine
University of North Carolina
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA
Charles Drew University
University of California San Diego School of Medicine
Tufts University School of Medicine
Boston University School of Medicine
Harvard Medical School
Temple University School of Medicine*
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
Weill Cornell Medical College
SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine
George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences
Georgetown University School of Medicine
Howard University College of Medicine
Eastern Virginia Medical School*
The Brody School of Medicine at Eastern Carolina University
Rush Medical College of Rush University Medical Center*
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
University of Arizona School of Medicine

* indicates schools I'm considering dropping from the list.

Any suggestions/advice? Do I need more safeties? Less reaches? All opinions welcome :thumbup:

Side note: If you care about ECs and what not, I have a brief outline of them in my MDApps

Schools:
Charles Drew University
Harvard Medical School

Any suggestions/advice? Do I need more safeties? Less reaches? All opinions welcome :thumbup:

Side note: If you care about ECs and what not, I have a brief outline of them in my MDApps

Not gonna lie, that is a solid list of competitive school and I think you got what it takes to be in the mix! Go for it buddy! :thumbup:

Schools:
Charles Drew University
Harvard Medical School

I might be biased, but this seems like a huge list! Do you have reasons for wanting to go to each school? I always see people who don't fill out secondaries or find out as they are filling out secondaries/going on interviews that the missions for schools they applied to don't align with them and their goals at all. If the answer is yes, go for it. If it's no, I would take a serious look at all the ones you're shaky on and see if any of their school specific info rules them in or out.

I might be biased, but this seems like a huge list! Do you have reasons for wanting to go to each school? I always see people who don't fill out secondaries or find out as they are filling out secondaries/going on interviews that the missions for schools they applied to don't align with them and their goals at all. If the answer is yes, go for it. If it's no, I would take a serious look at all the ones you're shaky on and see if any of their school specific info rules them in or out.

That's a good idea. I think I'm just a little scared about applying and want to make sure that I apply to enough schools so that I secure at least one admission. I will definitely look at some mission statements and potentially cut down a little! :)

Schools:
Charles Drew University
Harvard Medical School

Agree with Juan Solo, I would add maybe 1 more safety school like Wake. Otherwise :thumbup:

I'm also a urm and i think this is my first time posting in the URM section. I think your list is good, but as others mention make sure you really want to go to all those schools because I feel when you start filling out secondaries and traveling, it will get really stressful. I'm also applying this cycle and I apply to 15 schools I think. I would recommending trying stay at 20. Also what is your state of residence?

Has the class of 2017 fessed up to primary/secondary ratio on this thread? I can't remember. I know mine ended up being 12/6 (was rejected pre-secondary for 4).

Has the class of 2017 fessed up to primary/secondary ratio on this thread? I can't remember. I know mine ended up being 12/6 (was rejected pre-secondary for 4).

20 primaries/20 secondaries, 10 interview invites. Only attended 6. The previous poster was right. If you apply to a lot of schools, it will begin to get stressful filling out all those secondaries then flying :thumbdown: to interviews.

B what's up, how's the baby :smuggrin: tell J to tell yeezy his album was :thumbdown: lol j/k (but srs about the album :laugh:)

Yo I didn't mind the album man. The lyrics were trash for the most part, but sonically I was digging it. But then again I listen to a lot of random music.

Yo I didn't mind the album man. The lyrics were trash for the most part, but sonically I was digging it. But then again I listen to a lot of random music.

I just could not focus on one song except blood on the leaves, everything else sounded like someone beating on the trashcan and screeching cats.

I just could not focus on one song except blood on the leaves, everything else sounded like someone beating on the trashcan and screeching cats.

You're stuck in the 20th century my brother :laugh: but naw I feel you...electronica and industrial music definitely isn't for everybody lol

B what's up, how's the baby :smuggrin: tell J to tell yeezy his album was :thumbdown: lol j/k (but srs about the album :laugh:)

Hahaha. I feel you. It's not my fave Kanye album, but I do love like 4 songs- "Send It Up" "I'm In It" and "New Slaves" and "Black Skinhead".

I'm excited for Jay's album though.

You're stuck in the 20th century my brother :laugh: but naw I feel you...electronica and industrial music definitely isn't for everybody lol

You got it bro just because you put me up on Sohn, that guy is a beast. Any other recommendations?

Hahaha. I feel you. It's not my fave Kanye album, but I do love like 4 songs- "Send It Up" "I'm In It" and "New Slaves" and "Black Skinhead".

I'm excited for Jay's album though.

:thumbdown: For some strange reason, I never liked any of Jay Z's music like that. Now talk about Gucci Mane or Young Scooter and we will be winning! :D

:thumbdown: For some strange reason, I never liked any of Jay Z's music like that. Now talk about Gucci Mane or Young Scooter and we will be winning! :D

:barf:

Yall down south bothers love that wackness :laugh:

You got it bro just because you put me up on Sohn, that guy is a beast. Any other recommendations?

aldhglkahdkl whattt??? Mannn u don't like real rap. U ain't bout dat life lol.

I'm from Florida so I do like ratchet, nonsensical rap as well as good, lyrical stuff so no judgment here about Gucci Mane. No idea who Young Scooter is.

Magna Carta Holy Grail is EVERYTHING!! That is all.