2012-2013 Stony Brook Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering the same thing. the silence is killing me haha

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew yesterday (offered a spot from the HPW last week). It was a tough decision with Stony being such a great school but I got offered more money elsewhere. Hope the spot goes to one of you! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrew yesterday (offered a spot from the HPW last week). It was a tough decision with Stony being such a great school but I got offered more money elsewhere. Hope the spot goes to one of you! Good luck!

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. I wish you the best at the school you decided to attend! :D

What date did you get off the HPW last week? Dr. Scholls hasn't responded yet but we assumed he was on regular waitlist and he got off two fridays ago supposedly (May 24th). I'm apt to believing he was on HPW too then?

Hey guys. I was just accepted off of the regular waitlist, so I think theyre past the HPWL at this point. Good luck to everyone still patiently waiting!

Just withdrew my spot. Stony Brook is an amazing school and it was hard to turn down. I hope it goes to one of you, best of luck!

Just withdrew my spot. Stony Brook is an amazing school and it was hard to turn down. I hope it goes to one of you, best of luck!

Thanks for letting us know, wish you the best!

got off the regular waitlist wed 6/5
I tried pming you , your box Is full.
Congrats ! We spoke, a while back , we both got waitlisted same time. That's crazy, Did you call or write anything?

What are some of the stats of people getting off the regular waitlist? I'm trying to gauge how far down I might me.

What are some of the stats of people getting off the regular waitlist? I'm trying to gauge how far down I might me.
Congratulations to all those who got in! Those who got in did you send in any updates recently? All this movement seems promising for the rest of us on the waitlist. Wonder how many more they will accept...

Got accepted off the regular waitlist this afternoon!!! Good luck to all those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
I check this page 3-4 times a day to see if anyone else got in

Got in this morning off the regular waitlist! I'm convinced it was bc of the letter of internt I sent Friday morning.

Also received word of acceptance this afternoon.

Stats: 3.87 & 35 IS No update/supplements sent in.

Hi All!

Does anyone know of a facebook group or any other type of forum for accepted students? If not, I'm going to give this thread a try.

As you know, orientation week begins on 8/16. I am moving from Manhattan to LI but I'm now having some last minute issues with the move in date at my new apartment in Huntington. Basically the current tenants at the new apartment may not be able to move out until 8/31, which leaves me with no place to stay in LI for the first two weeks of school. I was wondering if there's any fellow classmates out there willing to let me stay with them from 8/15 to 8/31, if it really comes to that. This is really only for school nights, not the weekend, as I will go back to the city on the weekend. I am willing to pay for the hospitality.

I am a female in my late 20s, respectful, clean and quiet. I just need a place to crash (sofa or floor on a sleeping bag). Please PM me if you're interested or have any questions!

Thanks so much!

Last edited:
Hi All!

Does anyone know of a facebook group or any other type of forum for accepted students? If not, I'm going to give this thread a try.

As you know, orientation week begins on 8/16. I am moving from Manhattan to LI but I'm now having some last minute issues with the move in date at my new apartment in Huntington. Basically the current tenants at the new apartment may not be able to move out until 8/31, which leaves me with no place to stay in LI for the first two weeks of school. I was wondering if there's any fellow classmates out there willing to let me stay with them from 8/15 to 8/31, if it really comes to that. This is really only for school nights, not the weekend, as I will go back to the city on the weekend. I am willing to pay for the hospitality.

I am a female in my late 20s, respectful, clean and quiet. I just need a place to crash (sofa or floor on a sleeping bag). Please PM me if you're interested or have any questions!

Thanks so much!

Unofficial FB Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/331241793646216/

Official FB Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/138076349722087/

Hi all. Current medical school student. If anyone wants advice, or to hear the truth about the class, with the BADS and the goods, message me. Trust me, wish I knew some of these things going in.

Greetings again. As I said in my above post, I'm giving out advice. I wont say whether I'm a second, third or fourth year, but I can promise you these are all bits of advice you will want to know going into medical school. I will explain the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Message me if you want to know more!

Last edited:
Hey guys, so I'm only a junior and I'm taking my MCAT this summer. However, I'm local to SB, born and raised on long island and i was wondering what kind of stats/ECs are favorable for acceptance specifically at SB. I know it says avg 32 for the MCAT but just wondering what else they like for applicants.

Hey guys, so I'm only a junior and I'm taking my MCAT this summer. However, I'm local to SB, born and raised on long island and i was wondering what kind of stats/ECs are favorable for acceptance specifically at SB. I know it says avg 32 for the MCAT but just wondering what else they like for applicants.
grades really vary. I know people who got a 28, and some who got a 38.

-

Last edited:
-

Last edited:
Been so long since my last post. Anyone going to Stony med still looking for housing? I have a room for rent very close to Stony. Please message me if interested. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.