**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted to the Clinical PhD program at George Mason University on 2/9 through an email from my POI :)

Hey, congratulations! :)

Would you feel comfortable PM'ing me your POI? Thanks! And again, well done!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey All-

I started a Waitlist Blues thread to keep everyone updated about spots that might open on waitlists. Please PM me with your waitlist status or acceptances you have turned down and I can post for everyone's awareness.

Thanks!

How long are schools taking to make decisions and notify applicants of acceptances after interviews? Is it a matter of days, a week, multiple weeks?

How long are schools taking to make decisions and notify applicants of acceptances after interviews? Is it a matter of days, a week, multiple weeks?

I think it really depends on the school. Some schools I have interviewed at have let us know that they won't say anything until the gradschool has approved their "recommendation for acceptance" which can take a couple of weeks, whereas others will let applicants know that they will recommend the acceptance, and then I think it's only a matter of days. It makes sense that they would have the meeting to decide who to accept as soon as possible after the interviews are done since it can be difficult to remember everything if they do it later on. After that, I think it's just the procedure in place at each school that can take time.

It really just depends on the program and how they make their decisions. Some programs know the how many spots they have available for each lab, so each PI can get back to their applicants in a few days. Some programs need their faculty to meet as a group to decide, which could take a few weeks. You will probably get a sense during your interview how each school's process works, but it may not decrease your anxiety level lol.

It really just depends on the program and how they make their decisions. Some programs know the how many spots they have available for each lab, so each PI can get back to their applicants in a few days. Some programs need their faculty to meet as a group to decide, which could take a few weeks. You will probably get a sense during your interview how each school's process works, but it may not decrease your anxiety level lol.

One school where I've interviewed said they would know in a few weeks, based on funding decisions from the school--and it was a school that admits students as a group (not by individual professors). Yeah, doesn't decrease the anxiety, especially with other interviews to complete in the meantime....

Has anyone been accepted or rejected from MSPP Advanced Standing Early Admissions process? This wait is so grueling!:xf:

So so thankful and excited to be able to post in this thread!

I just received an acceptance via a phone call from my mentor at University of Florida, Gainesville, fully funded as a teaching assistant.

Edit: Counseling Psych :)

Last edited:
Congrats mee26! I'm really hoping to get a happy phone call or email from UF counseling too!!

Last edited:
So so thankful and excited to be able to post in this thread!

I just received an acceptance via a phone call from my mentor at University of Florida, Gainesville, fully funded as a teaching assistant.

Congratulations! :) Is this Clinical Psych?

Members don't see this ad :)
Was the acceptance for the Oklahoma State Counseling Psychology program for the post-bachelor's or post-master's track?

Notified of acceptance to University of Missouri - St. Louis I/O Psychology PhD program today by phone call from program director. She said they plan to admit three students and had about 60-65 applicants.

Notified of acceptance to University of Missouri - St. Louis I/O Psychology PhD program today by phone call from program director. She said they plan to admit three students and had about 60-65 applicants.

Congratulations! :) List should be up to date now!

Brigham Young University
Clinical Psychology- PhD
Accepted on 2/13
Received phone call from POI!
Yay! :)

Yay, I finally get to post in this thread! :)

Just received a phone call from my POI for acceptance into the Clinical Psych program at University of Nebraska - Lincoln. The faculty just met and should be sending out first wave of offers soon.

Thanks to SDNers for all the support and good luck for those still waiting.

Congratulations everybody for being so awesome!!! :D

List should now be up to date.

So, since one of our members just got accepted into a program (the first known one for the season), I think this thread is in order! :)

Good luck everybody. I hope we'll all get into a school we're excited about at the end of this interview season! :luck:

You can either post here or PM me. Please include the type of program, date the offer was extended, and who you heard from (POI, grad secretary, etc.) so that I can keep this first post as up to date as possible.

Acceptances

Clinical Psychology PhD:
Brigham Young University (phone call on 2/13 from POI)
George Mason University (email on 2/9 from POI)
Ohio State University (email on 2/7 from department email address/grad secretary)
Temple University (phone call and email on 2/9 from DCT and POI)
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign Clinical/Community (phone call on 1/23 and 1/24 from POIs)
University of Kentucky (email on 1/30 from POI)
University of Nebraska - Lincoln (phone call on 2/13 from POI)
University of Tulsa (phone call on 2/7 from POI)
University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee (email on 2/2 from POI)

Clinical Psychology PsyD:
Adler School of Professional Psychology (Generalist) (email on 2/2 from the office of admissions telling applicant to check website status
Chicago School of Professional Psychology (phone on 1/26 from admission)
Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (email directing to admissions link on 2/7)
Pacific Graduate School of Psychology (PGSP) - Stanford Psy.D Consortium (phone call on 1/27 from associate director of the program, interview was on 1/3)

Counseling Psychology PhD:
Marquette University (informed 2/3)
Oklahoma State University (phone call on 2/10 from training director)
University of Florida, Gainesville (phone call on 2/10 from mentor)
University of Louisville (email on 1/25 from DCT)
University of Minnesota (phone call on 02/01 from POI)
University of Missouri Columbia (phone call on 1/25 from POI)
University of Nebraska - Lincoln (notified around 01/31)
University of Southern Mississippi (email on 2/6 from DCT)
University of Wisconsin - Madison (email on 1/27 from POI)

School Psychology PhD:
Kansas University (email on 1/27 from program director)
M
ichigan State University (letter on 2/7 from Office of Admissions)
Texas A&M University (email on 1/31 from academic adviser)
University of Alberta (official acceptance on 1/30)
University of California - Santa Barbara (email on 1/26 from Admissions Coordinator) POI assignment TBD, unclear whether it was a mass email or not
University of Nebraska (email on 2/8 from program coordinator and POI)
University of South Carolina (phone call on 2/1 from POI)
University of Wisconsin - Madison (email on 2/2 from POI)

Experimental Programs/Non-Applied Programs
Pennsylvania State University (Biobehavioral Health, email on 2/6 from POI after asking about status. Offer in the mail)
Queen's University Psychology Ph.D (not clinical) (phone call on 1/18)
University of California - Santa Cruz (Social Psych, notified around 01/31)
University of Missouri - St. Louis (I/O Psych, phone call on 2/11 from program director)
Wright State University (I/O Psych, phone call on 2/3 from POI)

Waitlists

Clinical Psychology PhD
George Mason University (email on 2/9 from POI regarding high alternate status)
Pennsylvania State University - Child Track (email on 2/10 from POI regarding high alternate status after interview)
Temple University (phone call on 2/13 from DCT regarding high alternate status after interview)
University of Florida (notified 2/4 - may be contaced for a phone interview before April 12th)

Counseling Psychology PhD
Marquette University (email on 2/3)
University of Minnesota(CSPP, US Postal Service on 2/3 - more information TBD)

Here is the link for last year's thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=789782&highlight=Acceptance
Has anyone heard from the University of Missouri Columbia PhD program in CLINICAL psychology? Any information would be greatly appreciated!!

Accepted to MSPP with advanced standing for early admissions! Yeah! Notified same as above but Feb. 13.

Accepted into Syracuse University-- Counselor Education and Supervision Ph.D.

Accepted today (2/14) into Clinical PsyD program at Wheaton College. Email from Admissions.

University of Windsor (Canada), Clinical Psych PhD, Email from grad secretary recommending for admission.

Woot my first time to post on this thread!! Thank god I don't have to do these crazy applications again.

Congratulations all you awesome people!!! List is now updated from PMs and notifications in the thread. Rock on! :cool:

Accepted into Syracuse University-- Counselor Education and Supervision Ph.D.

Congratulations! Did you find out 2/14? How and by whom did you find out? And is this an applied degree or experimental? Sorry, many questions :)

No worries! Program is applied. I was contacted on 2/4 via email by POI and accepted it this week.

Accepted into UCLA'S Health Psychology Program.
Call from POI on February 10
Email from Department Chair February 15

Has anyone gotten a acceptance offer from Lehigh school psychology PhD yet? please PM me!!! Thank you!

Has anyone else received an acceptance (or waitlist) from University of Nebraska Lincoln Clinical Psychology? If so, could you PM me your POI? Thanks and congratulations!

Can anyone claim or confirm the TGC post regarding acceptance to Fairleigh Dickinson??

:xf:

Can anyone claim or confirm the TGC post regarding acceptance to Fairleigh Dickinson??

:xf:

I agree. Within this post, it mentions the acceptance post was received Via Phone call from POI. We would greatly appreciate it. Thank you and Congratulations to the individual(s)...

I'd like this info too please! Thanks, and congrats!!

Has anyone else received an acceptance from Penn State ( adult track)?

Just got an email from my POI at LSU (clinical) that they're making me an offer! My first this year!

Accepted to UF's Counseling Ph.D program yesterday! Ridiculously excited!!!!

I know of someone who received an acceptance phone call today from Univ of Miami (PhD, Clinical).

Thanks guys :)

I received a call from my POI at U of Miami as well, not an official offer yet but it sounded pretty promising.

Those who have heard from U of Miami Clinical Ph.D., which track were you going for?

my understanding is university of miami = florida, and miami university = ohio

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed at some point, but...basically I have at least one, maybe two offers right now. I would gladly attend both, but neither are my top choice. I'm interviewing with my top choice tomorrow. Is there a tactful but effective way to say that to my POI? That I have other options but that if I get an offer here, I am 100% absolutely going to accept? Gah nerve wracking. A great predicament to be in, but still really tricky.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed at some point, but...basically I have at least one, maybe two offers right now. I would gladly attend both, but neither are my top choice. I'm interviewing with my top choice tomorrow. Is there a tactful but effective way to say that to my POI? That I have other options but that if I get an offer here, I am 100% absolutely going to accept? Gah nerve wracking. A great predicament to be in, but still really tricky.

My guess is that it will organically come up in conversation, re: how interviews are going thus far, and there's no reason to shy away from it. I personally wouldn't hesitate to say something to the effect of "I've received very positive feedback from program X and Y, but quite frankly I am most interested in your program and am really looking forward to learning more about it today." Or some such. My program actually told us on interview day that they'd like us to keep them updated if we received any other offers after our interview there (only if we felt comfortable sharing). I know people have debated the pros/cons/ethics of disclosing this, which isn't my point. My point is that I think your POI would be interested in knowing, and there is no harm in being honest and presenting yourself as the desired candidate that you are! Also, I think I, as an applicant, was naive to just how small the academic community really is. If you're applying to a bunch of schools based on research interest, it's likely that your POI's know one another and may even be close colleagues/collaborators. It's a little creepy, I know, but these people may already know where you've interviewed, etc..Congrats on your success, either way!