**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted to Colorado State University Counseling Psychology PhD, and it's my first choice!!! Email and phone call today from the chair of the admissions committee. so excited right now :D

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted to Colorado State University Counseling Psychology PhD, and it's my first choice!!! Email and phone call today from the chair of the admissions committee. so excited right now :D

Congratulations!! Per chance do you have any idea whether all of the acceptance phone calls and e-mails have gone out? It sounds like it'd be a "yes", since it was the chair of admissions who called you, but maybe there's some variance per POI? Thanks :)

Congratulations everybody! :) List is now completely up to date!

I still havn't heard anything from the Ferkauf school at Yeshiva.........Accepted into CW Post (Clinical Psyd) and Alfred U (school psyd).

Can you provide some more information (how, when and by whom you were contacted) about these acceptances so that I can add them to the first post? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats Stella! I was wondering if you can PM me your POI! I applied there too and I still have to hear from them! Congratulations! :thumbup:

Accepted into Case Western Reserve University's Clinical Psychology PhD. Phone call from POI on 2/24. Super excited!!

Also, if the person who posted their acceptance on TGC is on this thread and wants to PM me, would be great to hear from a potential cohort mate.

Whoever was accepted into Drexel's Clinical PhD on 2/22, would you mind PMing me your POI? Thank you!!!

Counseling Psych waitlist (via email) as of 2/7/12 :-(

Last edited:
i got an email from my poi at clark university this afternoon offering me admission to the clinical psychology phd program.

My top choice!!! I am so thrilled.

who is your poi?

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh my gosh, you are a superstar! Not to call you out or anything... :)

And by that I'm just referencing the fact that you've gotten to post on this acceptance thread three times in the past two days or so! Get it. :)

Accepted into Case Western Reserve University's Clinical Psychology PhD. Phone call from POI on 2/24. Super excited!!

Also, if the person who posted their acceptance on TGC is on this thread and wants to PM me, would be great to hear from a potential cohort mate.

Congrats! Could you PM your POI? Thanks!

Since my previous question was not answered, I am posting it again.
Anyone received an offer from Clinical Psychology school of medicine in Northwestern U?
If you did, can you share in what manner you received it? for instance, call or email from POI or DCT? Thanks. Anyone else is still waiting as me?

Received a letter from Syracuse stating I am waitlisted for the Clinical Psych program (I did not interview). They asked for me to return a form indicating if I would like to stay on the waitlist. Ugh. I already have one offer from a school I really want to go to, but I'd really like to consider Syracuse, but they said they probably won't have any firm information on my status until mid-April.

Congratulations! Case is a great school. Could you PM your POI to me as well?

Since my previous question was not answered, I am posting it again.
Anyone received an offer from Clinical Psychology school of medicine in Northwestern U?
If you did, can you share in what manner you received it? for instance, call or email from POI or DCT? Thanks. Anyone else is still waiting as me?

I'm also waiting on Northwestern. Seems like we should be finding out by this week! Since there were 3 interview days, perhaps the candidates who interviewed on a later date won't find out until this week? Should we contact the DCT to ask if we don't hear back by the end of this week?

If there person who has been accepted to Yeshiva's School-Clinical Psy.D. is on here please PM me!

Got into Iowa State's Counseling PhD program! Call on2/24 from POI

I'm also waiting on Northwestern. Seems like we should be finding out by this week! Since there were 3 interview days, perhaps the candidates who interviewed on a later date won't find out until this week? Should we contact the DCT to ask if we don't hear back by the end of this week?

I just called the secretary and unfortunately all offers for neuropsych track have been made. I didn't ask other tracks. I think there's sort of waiting list but I guess I will just wait for anything new or a rejection email by mid March.

Congrats to you folks on your acceptances!

I'd encourage you guys to check out the Occupy the Imbalance thread to learn more about an important professional issue that you're going to be dealing with in the near future. If you start now, we can have a big impact by the time you apply for internship!

I received an acceptance e-mail from Yeshiva's School/Clinical Psyd that seemed to be a carbon copy letter but it was addressed specifically to me.

Accepted into and going to University of Indianapolis Clinical Psychology PsyD program. :):):)
Heard from the Director of Communications by e-mail on 2/23.

Last edited:
Congrats to you folks on your acceptances!

I'd encourage you guys to check out the Occupy the Imbalance thread to learn more about an important professional issue that you're going to be dealing with in the near future. If you start now, we can have a big impact by the time you apply for internship!

In case the new psychology grad students (congratulations on your acceptances!) aren't aware of this, any of you pursuing clinical psych will need to complete an internship (mostly through the APPIC match) and some of you in counseling and school psych will also want to complete an internship through the APPIC match.

It's a degree requirement and you may not be able to meet the requirement due to the "imbalance" between the number of applicants and the number of spots. For example, this year 1 in 3 applicants who registered to match have not matched yet (and only about 10-15% of remaining applicants have any chance of matching). And only 52% of the people who matched (so, again, about 1 in 3 internship applicants) got an APA-accredited internship. Important to check this out (and check out the match stats for your potential program on appic.org) before you make decisions about what to do with the next few years of your life!

Good luck! :luck:

In case the new psychology grad students (congratulations on your acceptances!) aren't aware of this, any of you pursuing clinical psych will need to complete an internship (mostly through the APPIC match) and some of you in counseling and school psych will also want to complete an internship through the APPIC match.

Just so everyone knows, if you're going to a Counseling Psych program (and I believe school psych) you MUST complete an internship, just in case there was any confusion about it. Also, you'll be participating in the same APPIC match that everyone is talking about, so the worry about the imbalance applies to all of us.

Just so everyone knows, if you're going to a Counseling Psych program (and I believe school psych) you MUST complete an internship, just in case there was any confusion about it. Also, you'll be participating in the same APPIC match that everyone is talking about, so the worry about the imbalance applies to all of us.

Wow, I didn't realize that about Counseling Psych programs. :eek: Thanks for the info.

Accepted to the University of Delaware's Clinical Ph.D. program this afternoon via phone call from POI.

So so happy to be able to post on this thread!!!

Accepted to Penn State's School PhD program via email from director

Received an email from coordinator offering admission into Tennessee State Counseling Psychology . . . excited!:D

I just interviewed at a program on match day and they were extremely relieved to maintain their 100% match rate. Proud, yes, and not totally surprised, but clearly relieved. The match rates appear to be falling at many excellent programs, and while it's a difficult thing to have to think about when we are busting our buns trying to get into schools, it's so important to keep in mind that the way things stand, many in our cohort will NOT match.

But it's not hopeless. For starters, take a look at the Occupy the Imbalance thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=881584

Then take a look at this petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/psychology-internship/

:thumbup:

And join the facebook group!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/223654767715768/

So so happy to be able to post this: Offer from University of Delaware on 2/27 via email from POI !!!!

Same here! Does anyone know if all of the POI's at Clark have extended offers?

I don't have any sort of confirmation on this, but I think some applicants were told it could take two weeks from the interview day. My POI contacted me one week after the interview, but I've had other people on SDN tell me their POI told them it would be two weeks. I assume that some of the professors have not extended their invites yet, but again this is just my speculation. I hope that helps! I know the waiting game is so hard!

Acceptance into U of Louisville child clinical program. phone call from PI. very excited!

Acceptance into Penn State University's School Psych PhD program via personal email from Program Director :)

I just got a phone call from my POI at UNC Chapel Hill notifying me I was accepted into the Clinical Ph.D. program. Holy crap holy crap holy crap this is by far my top choice!!

Has anyone who interviewed heard from Catholic University? I thought that we would hear by now..