**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received feedback from the DCT at my program that speaking about "top choices" can come off as disengenuous to professors. Just one perspective to keep in mind.

Members don't see this ad.

I received feedback from the DCT at my program that speaking about "top choices" can come off as disengenuous to professors. Just one perspective to keep in mind.

Yeah, I wouldn't use the words "Top Choice", but professors in our program recognize that you're going to have programs you're more and less enthusiastic about. I think it's important to emphasize that you are very excited about the program, but that you are enthusiastic about hearing/learning more about it while your there. Coming in with a set "top choice" can kind of come off as immature and not so well thought out.

Counseling Psychology PhD specialization within Urban Education

Via Phone on 2/17/12 from DCT

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
University of Iowa and Indiana University school psych phd acceptances today!! Wait listed to MSU.

Roosevelt University
Clinical Psychology PsyD
Email from the Director of Program

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed at some point, but...basically I have at least one, maybe two offers right now. I would gladly attend both, but neither are my top choice. I'm interviewing with my top choice tomorrow. Is there a tactful but effective way to say that to my POI? That I have other options but that if I get an offer here, I am 100% absolutely going to accept? Gah nerve wracking. A great predicament to be in, but still really tricky.

I was honest with my "top choice" about their status and it didn't hurt me. I think honesty is a good policy.

Congratulations everybody! I just wanted you all to know that I haven't forgotten this thread. I'm away on a major interview weekend right now (two schools - one on the weatcoast and one on the east coast). I'm writing this from my phone but I'm hoping I'll have some down time tomorrow to update everybodys
Acceptances since you're all so awesome!!!

Congratulations everybody! You are all awesome! A couple of reminders: Please don't forget to specify what type of program you're referring to and please write out the entire name of the school so I don't have to google them :). It is also helpful for others if you specify how you heard and from whom. Again - CONGRATULATIONS!! :D

Via phone from DCT on 2/17/12

Is this for counseling psych?

University of Iowa and Indiana University school psych phd acceptances today!! Wait listed to MSU.

Michigan State University? Is this also school psych?

Accepted to UF's Counseling Ph.D program yesterday! Ridiculously excited!!!!

Is this University of Florida Gainesville or some other campus (I don't know if they have other campuses...)

Could the person who received an offer from the University of Oklahoma Counseling Psychology program please private message me? I had a missed call from an OKC cell number yesterday afternoon after the interviews, but there were no messages. Thanks!

For those that have been accepted to FDU, would you be able to PM me the faculty member who contacted you and which day you interviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have been accepted to FDU, would you be able to PM me the faculty member who contacted you and which day you interviewed?
To the individual(s) that will inform/contact member, ophelia18, if you could do the same for me [PM the faculty member who contacted you and which day you interviewed]. I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you and Congratulations to the individual(s)!...

Not to be a pain but if you could PM the info about the FDU acceptance, too, I'd really appreciate it! I know they've given out acceptances over a couple of days now - I wonder if there are any more... fingers crossed!

Psych2011-

It is for Counseling Psychology PhD specialization within the Urban Eduation Program. Thanks!

Last edited:
Just got a call this morning with an offer of admission to Loyola University of Maryland's PsyD program!!!!! :D

Teachers College - Columbia University
Clinical PhD
Email from DCT on Thursday 2/16, with funding information to follow

Very thrilled!

Texas A&M University
Counseling Psychology PhD
Accepted via phone call from POI
02/20/2012

Admission for doctoral program in school psychology

Email from program secretary with letter to follow!!!!

Still one interview to go :) Then decision time

Admission for doctoral program in school psychology

Email from program secretary with letter to follow!!!!

Still one interview to go :) Then decision time

What program is this?

Got my first acceptance today!! :D:D

- Widener University (Clinical PsyD) via postal service (2/21)

Acceptance to UTEP's Health PhD program via email this morning, with a letter to follow.

Congrats, KingKou23! I received my acceptance from Widener today by postal service too. When I saw your post, I immediately ran to check my mail. It's also my first acceptance. I am SO relieved. This school is one of my top 2 choices.

PGSP-Stanford Consortium ----Just got a call from the Associate Director of Clinical Training --- Psy.D. program. Yay!

Congrats, KingKou23! I received my acceptance from Widener today by postal service too. When I saw your post, I immediately ran to check my mail. It's also my first acceptance. I am SO relieved. This school is one of my top 2 choices.

Congrats as well! Curious to see if we interviewed on the same day (02/08)? PM me if you would like

East Carolina University Clinical Health Psych Ph.D.
Call from POI on 2/17 telling me I was accepted! :)

Any word on Stony Brook Clinical PhD? It's been over a month since the interview...

Got my first acceptance to my top choice school! Virginia Tech :)

Can the person who pm'd the post author pm me as well? Would be nice to talk to a potential Cohort member etc. :)

Received my first acceptance!

University of Iowa-Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
Received e-mail from POI on 21 Feb at 11pm.

Last edited:
Congratulations everybody. List if completely updated! :)

Received my first interview invite!

University of Iowa-Counseling Psychology Ph.D.
Received e-mail from POI on 21 Feb at 11pm.

Was this for an interview? If so, there is another thread for that. :) If it was an acceptance, I'd be happy to add the info to the first page.

Congratulations to the poster on grad cafe who received an acceptance to Northwestern. I would love to find out what POI if you dont mind PMing me. Thanks!

Congratulations everybody. List if completely updated! :)

Was this for an interview? If so, there is another thread for that. :) If it was an acceptance, I'd be happy to add the info to the first page.
My mistake it was an actual acceptance invite.

I am soooo excited :)
Georgia State University
Accepted into the PhD Counseling Psychology program
2/22/2011
Call and E-mail by advisor

Drexel University
JD/PhD Clinical Psychology
2/21/2012
Accepted via call from DCT

Accepted to the University of Memphis clinical PhD program today, notified via phone by my POI.

I got an email from my POI at Clark University this afternoon offering me admission to the Clinical Psychology PhD program.

MY TOP CHOICE!!! I am SO thrilled.

I just received a call from my POI at University of Maryland, College Park (Counseling psych phd) letting me know that they've offered admission to someone else but that I'm first on the wait list. This is just a shot in the dark, but if whoever got accepted reads this, Maryland is my top choice and I am dying to go there. I just hope you'll consider it and that you've got other offers that are more appealing to you. I have one other school I'll be interviewing at on Monday but Maryland really felt like a great fit for me. I really, really hope you'll go to another great doc program and give me a chance at this one.

Does anyone know if FDU is still accepting students after their recent interview? Also, has anyone received acceptance to the Psyd program at Yeshiva University/Ferkauf?

I still havn't heard anything from the Ferkauf school at Yeshiva.........Accepted into CW Post (Clinical Psyd) and Alfred U (school psyd).

I still havn't heard anything from the Ferkauf school at Yeshiva.........Accepted into CW Post (Clinical Psyd) and Alfred U (school psyd).

when did you hear from CW Post? How did they contact you?

Just got my first acceptance!! :)

University of Akron, Counseling Psyc PhD

for those of you who applied, I'm coming from having a BA, so applied through the psyc side. I don't know if counseling offers are sent out at the same time.

Has anyone heard from NYU Counseling, post-interview? I saw a few rejections on TGC but not sure if those were pre or post-interview. They said they'd let us know this week after the interview, but I haven't heard anything.

I got my acceptance on Feb 15th via USPS. I only applied to Widener. Looks like I'll be going there in the Fall!! :)

Congratulations to the poster on grad cafe who received an acceptance to Northwestern. I would love to find out what POI if you dont mind PMing me. Thanks!

same here. I would like to know who contacted you, the POI or DCT? If POI, can you PM me the name of your POI?
Any ideas whether they have extended all first-round offers?
By the way, I am talking about clinical psych program in the school of medicine. Thanks.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from NYU Counseling, post-interview? I saw a few rejections on TGC but not sure if those were pre or post-interview. They said they'd let us know this week after the interview, but I haven't heard anything.

Same here!

I got an email from my POI at Clark University this afternoon offering me admission to the Clinical Psychology PhD program.

MY TOP CHOICE!!! I am SO thrilled.
Wow congratulations! Do you mind PMing me your POI? Clark is my top choice too...