**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't have any sort of confirmation on this, but I think some applicants were told it could take two weeks from the interview day. My POI contacted me one week after the interview, but I've had other people on SDN tell me their POI told them it would be two weeks. I assume that some of the professors have not extended their invites yet, but again this is just my speculation. I hope that helps! I know the waiting game is so hard!

It does help, thanks! I wish I knew when to expect to hear from schools. The waiting is the hardest part and I can't seem to focus on much else. Can I ask if you interviewed on 2/15 or 2/17 and with whom? Feel free to pm if you prefer.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got a phone call from my POI at UNC Chapel Hill notifying me I was accepted into the Clinical Ph.D. program. Holy crap holy crap holy crap this is by far my top choice!!

Congrats! If you feel comfortable sharing, would you mind PMing your POI? Just curious.

Accepted to University of Ottawa Clinical PhD program (Canada)
- Notified by Program Director via E-mail 2/28

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to Lehigh University Counseling Psychology PhD. Call by program coordinator.

Post-master's!

I graduated from OSU back in the 70's with a MS in counseling back when it was part of the ABSED department. The EdD or PhD counseling psychology program was just beginning around that time. The clinical psychology and counseling psychology programs are in different departments at OSU with the counseling psychology having more focus or slant towards working in education. The school psychology and counseling psychology programs are in the same department but not in the psychology department. The clinical psychology program is in the psychology department. Doctoral students in both of the programs do well, but when I was there in the 70's you were not allowed to take any courses in the psychology department and there were turf issues. Although the programs are in different departments, they are all APA acccredited and very competitive.

Congrats on getting in to OSU counseling psychology program. OSU is a great university...and their football team is doing very well.

Hi, current OSU undergrad here :) as far as I know (I work with the clinical faculty) the clinical program is in the psyc dept while the counseling dept is still in the department of education. You'll love it here! The campus is beautiful, and it's a great town.

Accepted to Lehigh University Counseling Psychology PhD. Call by program coordinator.

Hi there - Are you aware of whether everyone has gotten their phone calls today? And by any chance would you mind PMing me your POI?

Thanks so much.

Today - the day after interviews - I was called from my POI telling me I have been accepted!!

Has anyone heard from Washington State (Pullman)? They said they'd be in touch with us last week but still no word...

I was also accepted to the Lehigh University Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program. Call by program coordinator and POI.

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I was also accepted to the Lehigh University Counseling Psychology Ph.D. program. Call by program coordinator and POI.

:)

Hi! Congrats! I interviewed there too, but haven't heard, so I'm thinking this is a rejection? Any chance youuu could PM me your POI? Congratulations again!

Accepted to SUNY Albany Counseling Psychology PhD via phone by DoT 2/28.

I was accepted to a second PhD school psych program yesterday. Closer to home, decent funding. I interviewed with my top choice though yesterday (got the call from the other school while at my interview) and should hear from them tomorrow. I'm hoping for it!

School: UAB
Program: Lifespan Developmental Psychology PhD
Notified by: Email from Program Assistant on Feb 28, 2012

This is my first offer. I'm so excited to get to post in this thread after 3 years of applying!!!

I was accepted to a second PhD school psych program yesterday. Closer to home, decent funding. I interviewed with my top choice though yesterday (got the call from the other school while at my interview) and should hear from them tomorrow. I'm hoping for it!

What school?

Congrats!!! Fabulous! Great research comes out of there! I'm leaving the CH area to move on to grad school. I wish the greatest of springtime arboretum walks to you!

I just got a phone call from my POI at UNC Chapel Hill notifying me I was accepted into the Clinical Ph.D. program. Holy crap holy crap holy crap this is by far my top choice!!

Congrats!!! Fabulous! Great research comes out of there! I'm leaving the CH area to move on to grad school. I wish the greatest of springtime arboretum walks to you!
Thanks! I saw the arboretum when I visited, it looked lovely. :love:

Congrats to the person who got the Virginia Consortium acceptance! If you are on here, could you please shoot me a PM?! thanks!

Congrats to the person who got the Virginia Consortium acceptance! If you are on here, could you please shoot me a PM?! thanks!

Congrats to the VAC acceptance! I would also love it if you could PM me if you are on here! That is such great news, congrats again!

Last edited:
Has anyone who interviewed heard from Catholic University? I thought that we would hear by now..
I got an e-mail about being waitlisted today. I met a few people I interviewed with at CUA at another interview last week, and none of them had heard anything yet either. They do seem to take their time.

Just got my second acceptance: Virginia Consortium Clinical PsyD! PM me for POI if interested.

Program: C.W. Post Clinical Psychology Psy.D.

Waitlisted via email from the program director

So to decline an offer, I should probably call my POI, right? Instead of emailing? Such an awkward conversation that I'd much rather have over email, but I feel like the right thing to do is to call.

Got my first! Accepted at Indiana State, received a call from my POI this afternoon!

So just out of curiosity, when have people been getting calls? As in, what time of the day? Late afternoon/early evening is what I've been expecting (or rather, hoping), though someone who has actually gotten a call can probably confirm/deny that.

Congrats to the person who got the Yeshiva acceptance (PhD -Health Emphasis) on TGC! If you are on here, could you please PM me? Thanks!

Congrats to the person who got the Yeshiva acceptance (PhD -Health Emphasis) on TGC! If you are on here, could you please PM me? Thanks!
Same here for the person with the Yeshiva acceptance. I would love some more details. Congratulations :)

I found out today that I got in to my top choice program for school psych with full funding. I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got a call from one of my POIs.

Has anyone heard from NYU Counseling, post-interview? I saw a few rejections on TGC but not sure if those were pre or post-interview. They said they'd let us know this week after the interview, but I haven't heard anything.

I was accepted into NYU Counseling Psych PhD. I received a call from my POI on 2/23/12. I received an email on 2/29/12. :laugh:

Congratulations everybody! List is now updated. Also, I just came back from my last interview which should mean that I'll be able to update the list more regularly from now on (at least once a day).

REMINDER: Please remember to not use abbreviation, as I then have to google these abbreviations and I might get it wrong. Also, always specify the date you got the acceptance, even if it's the same day as you write your post. Thanks so much! :)

Got my first! Accepted at Indiana State, received a call from my POI this afternoon!

What program is this?

I got an e-mail about being waitlisted today. I met a few people I interviewed with at CUA at another interview last week, and none of them had heard anything yet either. They do seem to take their time.

What type of program is this (clinical, counseling, etc)? It's Catholic University, right? Please provide me with all the necessary information if you want me to add it to the first page. :)

So so happy to be able to post this: Offer from University of Delaware on 2/27 via email from POI !!!!

What type of program is this? Clinical PhD?

Is any one else anxiously awaiting to hear from Florida State!!??

So to decline an offer, I should probably call my POI, right? Instead of emailing? Such an awkward conversation that I'd much rather have over email, but I feel like the right thing to do is to call.

Have you conversed with the POI over email in the past, and was he/she generally fairly quick to respond? If so, I'd say email is fine. But if you don't hear back after a day, I'd definitely follow up with a phone call.

I truly did not think I would get the opportunity to post on this thread but I'm thrilled to say that I just got an email accepting me from
yeshiva university, ferkauf phd (health emphasis)
Today, march 1 in an email!

YAYYYY!!

(just a note, I'm not the one from the grad cafe (obviously, since I asked for more info earlier))

Got an email last night February 29 at 10pm stating my acceptance to their Clinical PhD program (with a Health Emphasis). Very excited :) :D

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from University of Missouri-St. Louis yet? Awaiting post-interview decision...

Accepted to Yeshiva!!! Email from admissions director.
Clinical Psych (Health Emphasis) PhD

Have you conversed with the POI over email in the past, and was he/she generally fairly quick to respond? If so, I'd say email is fine. But if you don't hear back after a day, I'd definitely follow up with a phone call.
Yeah we've only communicated over email since he made the offer, but part of that was because I was traveling and not able to speak over the phone. Meh.

Has anyone heard from University of Missouri-St. Louis yet? Awaiting post-interview decision...

I haven't heard from them yet either. I think they said Friday? Could be wrong though.

Has anyone heard from Fordham clinical phd or U. South Florida clinical phd?