**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted: Rutgers PsyD, Clinical Psychology
Via: email from grad secretary
Date: march 6

When did you get the E-mail, if I can ask? I also interviewed there and I'm waiting on notification of...well anything. Makes me worry, if I've yet to receive anything. Heh.

Members don't see this ad.

When did you get the E-mail, if I can ask? I also interviewed there and I'm waiting on notification of...well anything. Makes me worry, if I've yet to receive anything. Heh.

Sure, I just got it around noon-ish today. It was an individualized email, not a mass email, if that helps. Good luck!

Accepted - Virginia Commonwealth University (child track) - Jones/Langberg lab (mentor is Jones)

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted to PGSP-Stanford
Clinical PsyD
Phone call 3/6 from training director
Formal offer to arrive next week via snail mail

This is me right now: :soexcited:

Hi I got an e-mail today 3/6 from DoT at SUNY Albany Counseling Psych. Top Alternate

Sure, I just got it around noon-ish today. It was an individualized email, not a mass email, if that helps. Good luck!

Yeah, that does help. I guess I'm just worrying myself-- my mind keeps going to the thought that the longer it is between news of acceptances and me hearing ANY news, the more likely it is to be bad news. But I don't know. Maybe they're still discussing things, maybe they do the e-mails alphabetically and it takes a while...I just want the waiting to be over with, haha.

Thanks, and congrats on getting in!

Yeah, that does help. I guess I'm just worrying myself-- my mind keeps going to the thought that the longer it is between news of acceptances and me hearing ANY news, the more likely it is to be bad news. But I don't know. Maybe they're still discussing things, maybe they do the e-mails alphabetically and it takes a while...I just want the waiting to be over with, haha.

Thanks, and congrats on getting in!

I know how you feel. I heard of one acceptance to a school I really want to go to, and my professor told me last night that he will call when he knows more about my status, whatever that means. That makes me afraid that it is a wailtist...

Last edited:
Accepted to University of Nevada- Reno
Clinical PhD
Phone call 3/5 from POI
Waiting for formal offer to arrive via snail mail

Would the person who got an offer from Utah mind terribly PMing me their POI? thanks in advance!

Accepted!

St. John's University
School Psychology Psy.D.
Email from interviewer on 3/6
Interview date 3/2
Waiting for formal offer via USPS - told should arrive in 7 days

Members don't see this ad :)
If you feel comfortable would you mind PMing me your POI as well?

For U of Utah, I mean?

Congratulations everybody! :) List is updated!

Accepted - Virginia Commonwealth University (child track) - Jones/Langberg lab (mentor is Jones)

PsyD? PhD? School? Clinical? Counseling? etc. Also, when and how were you notified? Congratulations! :)

Has anyone been accepted to University of Rhode Island or Umass Boston's School psychology phd program?

Please PM me if so!

I interviewed and I'm still *anxiously* waiting....

Hoping to hear by the end of the week!!

They're on Spring Break right now. Not sure if that matters. Do let us know when they contact you :)

Accepted 3/5/12 from the University of Kansas Counseling PhD program via call from Dept Chair / Advisor.

Congrats! Thats my program - I am currently on internship and will graduate in August. I think you'll like it at KU!

Accepted into Loma Linda University Psy D program

Unofficial e-mail from admissions coordinator on 3/5/12
interviewed on 2/29/12

Acceptances (Psy.D):

1) Florida Tech
2) PGSP-Stanford
3) Rutgers - call 3/6/12 from faculty (Dr. Nancy BF)
4) Adler (being considered for the diversity assistantship = 50% off tuition)

I do not know where I really want to go. All programs offer what I am interested in with great professors that I would love to work with. I wrote off Adler because of the REALLY low APA match rates (45%), seemed really bureaucratic, and HUGE cohort BUT then they go and offer me an interview for this assistantship (I am one of the top ten choices. Then after a 30 min interview they will choose the final 2) making my decision even harder.

Anyone have advice or experience on these 4 programs?

Just received an admission offer from:

University of Utah
Clinical PhD
Phone call from POI 3/7
Official offer in writing soon to come via email

Very exciting!!!! :soexcited:

Hi,

Would the person who got the phone call from Utah mind terribly PMing me their POI? Thanks in advance!

I know some people have been accepted to Ferkauf's Psy.D program via personalized email. Does anyone know if more acceptances are to be expected?

Just received an admission offer from:

University of Utah
Clinical PhD
Phone call from POI 3/7
Official offer in writing soon to come via email

Very exciting!!!! :soexcited:

Could you PM me your POI, if you are comfortable? Thanks!

someone posted on the grad cafe they were accepted to UF on March 4th via email.. would that person mind PMing their POI if they're on here??

I second this request, please.

someone posted on the grad cafe they were accepted to UF on March 4th via email.. would that person mind PMing their POI if they're on here??

I second this request, please.

At least when I was at the interview I was told they would send out an email to everyone saying all first offers have been made and whether we are on the waitlist or not...

Accepted to Wayne State University
Clinical Psychology PhD
3/7 via phone call from POI

I would like to know who your POI is too!! Please :) I know that I am an alternate there.

SO EXCITED!
Accepted into the Clinical Psychology PhD Program @ Rutgers via e-mail from POI tonight 3/7. !!!!!!!

I saw on TGC someone got accepted to the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Congrats! Would that person mind PMing me their POI?

Thank you and congrats again!

informed i'm on the waiting list via snail mail today (3/8)

what are my chances??!?!

my stomach almost untied of knots after first seeing a very thin envelope :confused:

Ah, I'd like to know too! Congrats on the acceptance!

Has anyone heard about acceptances from Pace's PsyD Clinical Child/School program? Supposedly they were sending out offers this week. (per my interview). Has anyone gotten an acceptance today?

Thanks.

when did you interview? i just had an interview yesterday, not sure when admission decisions will be extended

Hey Everyone, So I am hoping to be a Neuropsychologist but I am not sure if I want to do an MA program or Doctorate program first. I got into 2 PhD programs, and 1 PsyD program. I have an extensive background in research, mostly at Oxford University, w/ a few publications. I got denied from my top Neuroscience PhD program, but got into the M.S. in Neuroscience and Education Program and Teachers College, Columbia. Is anyone currently in this program? The research opportunities look great, but I am just somewhat hesitant of the job market for a M.S in neuroscience or if I can re-apply for a PhD w/ my masters. What do you all think? Is this program worth it or should I do a PhD program. (Also, I got a grant for the M.S. Program, so don't weigh $ in).