**2012 Acceptance Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard from Fordham clinical phd or U. South Florida clinical phd?

University of South Florida is included in the first post. (However, I had written University of Southern Florida... that's what happens when only abbreviations are used, hehe)

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard anything from LIU-Brooklyn post-interview??

University of South Florida is included in the first post. (However, I had written University of Southern Florida... that's what happens when only abbreviations are used, hehe)

Would whoever got accepted mind PMing me whether it was a mass acceptance e-mail or if each POI is making decisions at a different pace?

Members don't see this ad :)
To whomever received the admission offer from U. of South Florida, was this a mass email?

I, too, would greatly appreciate a PM regarding whether or not University of South Florida sent out a mass email or if each POI is doing it separately. Thanks!

The waiting is rough, indeed (cue Tom Petty). If anyone's heard back from the University of Washington's Child Clinical Psych Department post interview, I'd love to hear about it. I'd also love to hear who your POI is if you feel up to sharing. Thanks!

It's good to have peers also going through this process and waiting it out. Better when you're not alone!

Of those people who have been accepted, would anyone mind PMing me a sample of the post interview thank you emails/notes that you've written. I'm just trying to get a sense of a preferrable level of content. I want to reiterate my interests and reasons for wanting to be in that specific program, but am afraid that it will not sound genuine...

Of those people who have been accepted, would anyone mind PMing me a sample of the post interview thank you emails/notes that you've written. I'm just trying to get a sense of a preferrable level of content. I want to reiterate my interests and reasons for wanting to be in that specific program, but am afraid that it will not sound genuine...

If you go off someone else's template, it's not going to sound any more genuine.

Mine were very short, just a few sentences. "Thank you again for ____. I really appreciated being able to talk about ___ in person. I was also very pleased with how well of a fit ____ seemed for me and it was just one reason why I left with such a strong impression. Thanks again!"

I am a little late to the party but I also received an acceptance from Yeshiva Clinical Psychology PhD with Health Emphasis :). I have been sitting on an unofficial offer for a while but it is nice to have the official one :D

Hi Dramaqueen. Can you share if you just received the email? And, how did you know that you were already accepted (unofficially?). You can reply privately to me, if you want to.

Members don't see this ad :)
While I was interviewing at my top choice school on Monday, my POI said I should let him know if I received any other offers. I just received an acceptance at another program today. Should I email my top choice POI to let him know? I feel weird emailing again so soon-- I just sent him a thank you email on Tuesday!

Suggestions?

Would the person who posted that they were accepted to CWRU clin psych phd today on grad cafe PM me their POI please? CONGRATS!

Florida Institute of Technology
Clinical Psy.D.
email 3-1

Two more interviews to go but I can breathe a bit easier now :D

Accepted
University of North Dakota
Clinical Psychology PhD
Email 03/01/2012
:)

I can't believe I'm finally posting here:

Accepted into the Clinical Psychology Ph.D program at Concordia University, in Montreal, Canada. Email from POI. Official package with funding information, etc., is on its way. Will be fully funded.

Today (3/1/12), I received an acceptance for University of Maryland's School Psychology PhD Program in an email from the program director. Very excited!

Someone posted in the grad cafe about getting accepted to Syracuse Clinical program. Would this person mind PMing me their POI? Thanks and congrats!

While I was interviewing at my top choice school on Monday, my POI said I should let him know if I received any other offers. I just received an acceptance at another program today. Should I email my top choice POI to let him know? I feel weird emailing again so soon-- I just sent him a thank you email on Tuesday!

Suggestions?

I have a question along the same lines -- If I am 1st on the waitlist at School A and just got an acceptance from School B, should I let School A know I have received an offer?

Thanks for any insight!

During my last interview I met someone who had just received a phone call acceptance from U of Vermont. I believe it was with a felame POI but I do not recall the prof's name. best of luck to you

Haha, great timing!

Also, has anyone heard back from University of Vermont?

Has anyone heard back from Virginia Commonwealth post-interview? Interviewed on 2/24 and very much interested in hearing back soon.

Accepted to Regent University's PsyD Program 2/27 via phone by an admissions counselor! So excited to be in somewhere for sure!!

I interviewed on the 27th and was told we would hear within the next 2 weeks

Has anyone heard back from Virginia Commonwealth post-interview? Interviewed on 2/24 and very much interested in hearing back soon.

I interviewed on the 27th and was told as of yesterday that we should hear within the next 2 weeks

Waitlisted at University of Texas at Austin (counseling psychology PhD). Email from POI. Anyone else heard back from UT?

Last edited:
Any one else hear from U. South Florida besides whomever posted their acceptance on the 27th? It is just weird that no one else has posted anything..

Any one else hear from U. South Florida besides whomever posted their acceptance on the 27th? It is just weird that no one else has posted anything..

I have only gotten a PM from one member, and that member wants to remain anonymous and does not feel comfortable sharing her/his POI at this time. Just thought I should let you guys know. :)

I have only gotten a PM from one member, and that member wants to remain anonymous and does not feel comfortable sharing her/his POI at this time. Just thought I should let you guys know. :)

Thanks, Psych2011. :) I was just curios as to if the notification was a mass email or if the POIs are moving at their own pace and the rest of us can cling to a little bit of hope lol.

Thanks, Psych2011. :) I was just curios as to if the notification was a mass email or if the POIs are moving at their own pace and the rest of us can cling to a little bit of hope lol.

I can email the person and ask! :)

That would be awesome! You are the best! :)

Ok friends, this is what the person said about USF:

"It was not a mass e-mail - they are very personalized (name, physical address, specific funding - fellowship/assistantship received, and they CC your advisors."

I hope that helps!

I was THRILLED to get an offer from UMASS Boston yesterday!

Ok friends, this is what the person said about USF:

"It was not a mass e-mail - they are very personalized (name, physical address, specific funding - fellowship/assistantship received, and they CC your advisors."

I hope that helps!

Thanks so much, Psych2011! That helps me breathe a little! This application process and neuroticism makes for an ugly combination... :p

Has anyone heard from the University of Miami (Florida) Clinical Ph.D. program, especially in the health track?

Ooops... this is my first post, so I apologize for not following the proper format.

UMASS Boston
Clinical Psych Ph.D.
3/1/2012
Call from POI, then follow up email
from POI

Has anyone heard from the University of Miami (Florida) Clinical Ph.D. program, especially in the health track?
I saw one go up on TGC yesterday for the health track. I haven't heard from my POI since she called a couple weeks ago to ask about where I ranked their program in my "list". I applied to the adult track.

Case Western (CWRU)
Email today, 3/2 from POI
1st alternate on waitlist

Here's hoping!! :fingers crossed:

I saw one go up on TGC yesterday for the health track. I haven't heard from my POI since she called a couple weeks ago to ask about where I ranked their program in my "list". I applied to the adult track.

Yeah, the acceptance on TGC from yesterday was what spurred me to ask. I was surprised to see someone with an acceptance so shortly after the second interview date, which I think was earlier this week.

I'm glad to hear I am not alone with the waiting. Best of luck to you!

Accepted to UCONN Clinical Psych PhD. Phone call from POI today, 3/2.

University of Washington
Child Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program
Offer 3/2/12
Personalized email from POI, with official letter/contract attached.

Hang in there, all! :luck:

Any other Clinical Psych PhD applicants to URI get an e-mail directing them to check their application status online and it had an acceptance letter? Strange, no interview, not even any contact since applying, letter says "admitted to the PhD Psychology program... for Fall 2012", confuzzled.

Any other Clinical Psych PhD applicants to URI get an e-mail directing them to check their application status online and it had an acceptance letter? Strange, no interview, not even any contact since applying, letter says "admitted to the PhD Psychology program... for Fall 2012", confuzzled.

I have never even heard of a program accepting anyone without an interview first--Congrats nonetheless!! :)

I have never even heard of a program accepting anyone without an interview first--Congrats nonetheless!! :)

I'm thinking its more likely an error than an actual acceptance. That's why I was wondering if anyone else got it.

I would double check as sometimes emails are sent out by mistake. I was informed by an internship site of my selection for an interview. The next day I receive another email with apologized for the mistake as the secretary had the interview and non interview list switched. Mistakes happen. Rarely, if ever, do clinical psychology program select you without a face to face interview.

Last edited:
Can the person who got accepted to the Baylor PsyD program and announced it on TGC please private message me their POI? Thanks!

Has anyone heard from Langberg/Jones at VCU since their interview?

I've heard of other profs in the child clinical program emailing students saying decisions will be made in next 2 weeks. Curious if Dr. Langberg or Dr. Jones have done the same thing.

Thanks! Congrats to everyone for being this far along in the process!