Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received an email rejection from Children's Memorial Hospital (Chicago) yesterday.
Bummer, so sorry to hear it but thanks for sharing! I haven't heard anything yet, I checked my junk mail just in case.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I received an email rejection from Children's Memorial Hospital (Chicago) yesterday.
Sorry to hear that :-( Hang in there!Received a very nice, personalized rejection from Dartmouth
Sorry to hear that :-( Hang in there!
As somebody who is not quite there in terms of applying for internship sites, I have a question for y'all:
do you guys (if applicable) submit transcripts from your master's program, for those who earned one prior to doctoral studies?? Is that possible? Or only from the current doctoral program??
Thx,
Ms. Phipps
I'd like to borrow some of the boredom. I'm on pins and needles! I have no rejections and no invites. And, people are getting interviews at places I applied to. I truly feel for everyone else in this position.
And, like other people on here, I've always strongly disliked the waiting game... "the waiting is the hardest part"...
I'm on pins and needles! I have no rejections and no invites. And, people are getting interviews at places I applied to. I truly feel for everyone else in this position.
Was this a mass email?Apparently rec'd rejection from Westchester Jewish Community Services on Nov 16th (via email) at 1:14pm. Email was in my SPAM. 1 down 19 more to go.!!!!! 👎xf:![]()
I'd like to borrow some of the boredom. I'm on pins and needles! I have no rejections and no invites. And, people are getting interviews at places I applied to. I truly feel for everyone else in this position.
And, like other people on here, I've always strongly disliked the waiting game... "the waiting is the hardest part"...
Not a mass email. Personalized
Good Luck
I guess I know the answer to this question, but I'll ask anyway: for sites that offered other people interviews but have not sent a rejection letter to you- is it only a matter of time when I will get a rejection letter or is there still hope. It's so hard to tolerate uncertainty! 🙁
Is Queen's Children's still offering an internship? Or are they ending their internship as well?
When did you submit your application? I haven't heard from them yet. Isn't the deadline tomorrow or monday?
"The first cut is the deepest, baby, I know..." 
So sorry! I agree - It's nice that they let you know quickly, I wish the rest of my sites would be so kind, with good or bad news. We're an impatient bunch, no?At least they were quick about it.
Sites where an interview has been offered
*just added*
11/17 Baruch College - email
11/16 Beth Israel/ MMHC - email
11/15 Bellevue-NYU (Child and Adolescent) and (Adult Track)- email
11/14 Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota - email
11/15 Children's Mercy - phone
11/14 Cincinnati Children's Hospital (BM track) - phone
11/15 Community Healthlink Youth and Family Services (clinical child)
11/18 Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services (adult)
11/17 Geisinger Medical Center (BMed) - phone
11/18 Interfaith Hospital
11/09 James Madison University - phone interview invite
11/17 Kings County Hospital Child Track - personal email
11/10 Long Island Jewish (neuropsych) - email
11/18 MUSC Charleston Consortium (Trauma) - email
11/11ish MercyFirst (invite sent week of 11/7-11/11)
11/17 Nationwide (Pediatric) - email
Philhaven Hospital
11/08 Rochester BOP - mass email
11/09 Rush University Medical Center (neuropsych) - e-mail invite
11/17 Rush (Bmed) - email
11/18 SUNY Upstate Medical University, Adult Track -email
11/17 University of Arkansas Med School (Adult)
11/18 University of Arkansas Medical Center, Child Focused Track
11/07 UCSF Child and Adolescent Services
11/10 University of Florida (BMed) - mass e-mail invite
11/10 University of Florida (Neuro)
11/15 UIC Dept. of Psychiatry (child clinical) - email
11/17 UIC (Adult) - email
11/17 Utah State Hospital - email
11/18 VA Medical Center, Salem - phone
Sites where a rejection has already been sent
11/18 Children's Memorial Hospital
11/18 Children's Mercy
11/19 Dartmouth
11/18 Denver Health
11/15 Kings Country Hospital Center
11/16 Nationwide Children's Hospital (Pediatric) and (Neuropsych) - mass email
Philhaven Hospital
11/17 Rochester BOP
11/10 Rush University (neuropsych?)
11/17 Rush University (BMed)
11/17 Utah State Hospital - email
11/16 Westchester Jewish Community Services (in Spam folder)
IMPORTANT DATES:
12/15 last day for MOST interview invites notification
2/8 last day for ranking internship sites
2/24 MATCH DAY
3/1 Submission for MATCH PHASE II
3/19 Submission of ranking for MATCH PHASE II
3/26 MATCH PHASE II DAY
Sites where an interview has been offered
*just added*
11/17 Baruch College - email
11/16 Beth Israel/ MMHC - email
11/15 Bellevue-NYU (Child and Adolescent) and (Adult Track)- email
11/14 Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota - email
11/15 Children's Mercy - phone
11/14 Cincinnati Children's Hospital (BM track) - phone
11/15 Community Healthlink Youth and Family Services (clinical child)
11/18 Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services (adult)
11/17 Geisinger Medical Center (BMed) - phone
11/18 Interfaith Hospital
11/09 James Madison University - phone interview invite
11/17 Kings County Hospital Child Track - personal email
11/10 Long Island Jewish (neuropsych) - email
11/18 MUSC Charleston Consortium (Trauma) - email
11/11ish MercyFirst (invite sent week of 11/7-11/11)
11/17 Nationwide (Pediatric) - email
Philhaven Hospital
11/08 Rochester BOP - mass email
11/09 Rush University Medical Center (neuropsych) - e-mail invite
11/17 Rush (Bmed) - email
11/18 SUNY Upstate Medical University, Adult Track -email
11/17 University of Arkansas Med School (Adult)
11/18 University of Arkansas Medical Center, Child Focused Track
11/07 UCSF Child and Adolescent Services
11/10 University of Florida (BMed) - mass e-mail invite
11/10 University of Florida (Neuro)
11/15 UIC Dept. of Psychiatry (child clinical) - email
11/17 UIC (Adult) - email
11/17 Utah State Hospital - email
11/18 VA Medical Center, Salem - phone
Sites where a rejection has already been sent
11/18 Children's Memorial Hospital
11/18 Children's Mercy
11/19 Dartmouth
11/18 Denver Health
11/15 Kings Country Hospital Center
11/16 Nationwide Children's Hospital (Pediatric) and (Neuropsych) - mass email
Philhaven Hospital
11/17 Rochester BOP
11/10 Rush University (neuropsych?)
11/17 Rush University (BMed)
11/17 Utah State Hospital - email
11/16 Westchester Jewish Community Services (in Spam folder)
IMPORTANT DATES:
12/15 last day for MOST interview invites notification
2/8 last day for ranking internship sites
2/24 MATCH DAY
3/1 Submission for MATCH PHASE II
3/19 Submission of ranking for MATCH PHASE II
3/26 MATCH PHASE II DAY
I also got a rejection from Denver Health on 18 November via e-mail.Has anyone else heard from Denver Health?
Is it just me, or has the APPIC site been inaccessible for the last few days?
Servers overloaded or something?
I also got a rejection from Denver Health on 18 November via e-mail.
Hope everyone gets some down time later this week with the holiday!! On a side note, I don't really understand how it's already almost December. I think I have been sitting at my computer for the last two months...
My application to Denver Health was for the Health Psychology with Inpatient and Psychiatry Rotations.I'm sorry to hear that! Looking forward to seeing your upcoming posts about interviews 🙂 Can you tell me which track it was for?
Thanks for the info. Congrats and good luck! 😀Not a mass email. Personalized
Good Luck
Congrats! And welcome to the board!I received my first interview invitation from Dartmouth (child track) on Friday by email!
I received my first interview invitation from Dartmouth (child track) on Friday by email!
Terrific news, congrats!Hey everyone! I've been watching this site for several days now. Thanks to everyone who has been posting - it is REALLY helpful to know about the interviews and rejections and very nice that people are supporting each other during this horrendous process. I got my first interview today - a personal email invite to interview at UCSF Public Services and Minority Cluster. 😱 Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone!!!!
My application to Denver Health was for the Health Psychology with Inpatient and Psychiatry Rotations.
I applied to 11 sites in total, and though the internship seminar at the APA Conference indicated that 11-15 was the sweet spot, I'm feeling a bit antsy now. Ah well, what's done is done.
Finally got an interview offer. It is from the Georgia Health Sciences University (formerly Medical College of Georgia) - Charlie Norwood VA Medical Center. I got a phone call this morning.
It was hard not hearing anything at all. Good luck to everyone who has not gotten an interview yet. And congrats to those who have.
I know someone already mentioned this, but I just received an invite from MUSC (11/21 at 10:13am), so there is still hope for those of you who applied there. As previously indicated, it was a personalized email....
Received an interview invite from USP Hazelton/FCI Morgantown (email, this morning). The interview dates are set up for January 5, and January 17-20th.

Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.