-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012 APPIC Internship Application Thread
Started by PerhapsMaybeOk
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
So does Geisinger send rejections or not!? I am assuming I am rejected, but I just want to be able to cross it off the list. Argh.
I am still waiting for Geisinger, Children's of OC, and Primary Children's. I am assuming it is a no go for both place, but it would be nice if they let us know. Good job and Good luck to everyone. We are almost through this.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am still waiting for Geisinger, Children's of OC, and Primary Children's. I am assuming it is a no go for both place, but it would be nice if they let us know. Good job and Good luck to everyone. We are almost through this.
Same for me on those three and Oklahoma UHSC child track. Hopefully we get some closure! Good luck!
Does the person on the forum who seems to have an inside connection at Miami Children's know if they're planning on getting anthing out before the weekend? Their notification date on APPIC is 12/19 but it would sure be nice to hear earlier.
Just got a personalized email invite to Miami Children's.
I noticed last night that people have started hearing back from the U of Colorado SOM. I saw the JFK track and the Aging track but has anyone heard from the Corrections track??? Thanks!!!!
Also wondering if anyone's heard from the U of Colorado SOM Primary Care track?
Woo hoo, I just got my own invite from Southeast Human Services. My first American invite, and it's only 2 hours from my house! 🙂
I can't make their open house dates but they said they're happy to schedule something else.
I can't make their open house dates but they said they're happy to schedule something else.
Rejection from Purdue via email- a no subject, no body email with the letter attached.
I think that it's for me. I haven't heard official word from American CC, Duke CC, or Cambridge but since they all extended invites earlier this week, I'm guessing they're rejections.
If they could just send them so I could have some closure and be done with that would help in the moving on process..
I think that it's for me. I haven't heard official word from American CC, Duke CC, or Cambridge but since they all extended invites earlier this week, I'm guessing they're rejections.
If they could just send them so I could have some closure and be done with that would help in the moving on process..
Hi -- Thanks for the reply! I also wrote back about 15 minutes after their sent out their original message. Was your preferred date in January?
Yes - my preferred dates were in January. I hope you hear from them soon!
Woo hoo, I just got my own invite from Southeast Human Services. My first American invite, and it's only 2 hours from my house! 🙂
I can't make their open house dates but they said they're happy to schedule something else.
Congrats! They are the first site I've seen to offer that too (I'm sure many if not most would accommodate but they breach the topic themselves).
Rec'd email rejection from Wasatch yesterday. Good luck!Has anyone had rejections from Citrus Health, Wasatch Mental Health, or Riverbend? I haven't heard from any of these site, but I see that others are starting to get interviews. I am kind of assuming that I should expect rejections.
Southern Louisiana Internship Consortium-phone call, interview
Hutchins - E-mail rejection
Hutchins - E-mail rejection
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got a rejection email from The Help Group 😡.
Generic email invite. Also for Southeast Human Services - see you all at the open house!
I wonder if we are waiting on the same ones. 🙂 We seem to have applied to a lot of the same places! I finally heard from Ohio yesterday. Whew!
Good luck to you as well!
We are probably waiting on some of the same. I am mostly anxiously awaiting on Ethan Allen/Lincoln Hills! Their brochure (which is outdated) makes it seem as though they review apps on a rolling basis beginning on Sept. 15. I turned mine in November 3. However, it's possible that their review process changed when the internship program moved to a different site.
Glad you heard from Ohio. Are you interviewing there? They sent me an invite on 12/6 and I replied, but I have not heard anything back from them since.
Rejection UMass/Worcester State Hospital, not personalized email.
Two possibilities left. Hoping I get more than 3 interviews to have better chance of matching.
Two possibilities left. Hoping I get more than 3 interviews to have better chance of matching.
Has anyone received invites and/or rejections from Lincoln in NY, Temple, or Morrison in Portland?
Temple (not Tuttleman CC) has the 19th as their notification date, I think. Last year they notified later than the 15th (at least rejections, I don't know about invites).Has anyone received invites and/or rejections from Lincoln in NY, Temple, or Morrison in Portland?
Southern Louisiana Internship Consortium-phone call, interview
Hutchins - E-mail rejection
When did you receive the phone call from Southern Louisiana, if you don't mind me asking...
Congrats on the interview! I actually requested a phone interview and received confirmation of it just yesterday. Hang in there and good luck!Hi all,
Congratulations to everyone for hanging in there throughout this process!
I wanted to ask whether anyone who has tried to schedule a VA Palo Alto interview for January has received any confirmation on dates. I am hoping to finalize travel plans, but don't want to jump the gun if no one else has heard yet, either.
Thanks!
Interview for Pinecrest Support Services- email (3:30 pm- eastern)
Hi there, I recieved a telephone invite to Lincoln MMHC in NY. Best of luck!Has anyone received invites and/or rejections from Lincoln in NY, Temple, or Morrison in Portland?
has anybody heard from sharp (in san diego) yet? last year they sent out invites pretty early... also has anybody heard from western youth services (orange county)? thanks 🙂
good luck to everyone today
good luck to everyone today
Has anyone heard from them???? Thanks
The APPIC directory says their notification date is January 10th! 😡
TD called to set up interview! last name begins with P
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so envious of you all who have heard back from ALL of your sites! I don't have very many I'm waiting on, but still... it's driving me nuts. I'm sooo ready to be done with this stage of the process and move on to knocking interviews down.
So today I got invites from Purdue CC and Grand Valley CC and rejections from Ball State CC and Bowling Green CC.
So I've heard from all my sites now - 9 interviews and 11 rejections; pretty good I think and can't complain. Good luck to everyone in the second stage of the process.
So I've heard from all my sites now - 9 interviews and 11 rejections; pretty good I think and can't complain. Good luck to everyone in the second stage of the process.

still waiting on Edith Nourse, University of Oklahoma, Albany Consortium, Riverbend (and Temple, which has their date at the 19th). What gives? They're almost all east coast sites and nearly the end of the work day....
e-mail invite from Southlake Regional Mental Health
phone invite from Purdue U
rejection from Ball State
phone invite from Purdue U
rejection from Ball State
My roommate got an interview for the Watson Institute yesterday. She applied for the general track.I still have 7 sites with notifications today...none of which have been posted yet such as Gildner, Watson Institute, etc...
deleted
Phone call offer from St. James in Chicago!!!
My roommate got an interview for the Watson Institute yesterday. She applied for the general track.
Ahh, I applied for the Autism track.
Interview invite from Wyoming State Hospital. It says that they do not have a preference for phone vs in-person interview. Somehow I just find this hard to believe!
Rejections from Albany Psychology Internship Consortium and GEO Care/South Florida State Hospital.
Rejections from Albany Psychology Internship Consortium and GEO Care/South Florida State Hospital.
Has anyone heard from Patton State Hospital yet? That is the only one I have left to hear from and it is making me crazy! Luckily, I have plenty of interviews lined up, I have been very, very fortunate and am grateful. But I am anxious to get this wrapped up so I can go about making travel arrangements for next month.
Really looking forward to living out of a carry-on for four weeks
- but really don't want to deal with a large suitcase or lost luggage How are other people packing for this? In addition to my suit and a few blouses, I am thinking of a couple pairs of jeans and five t-shirts with a sweater or hoodie for the off interview hours. Then pray most of the hotels have a laundry room. Packing toiletries is a problem - can't fit my hair products with my other things in that little quart size baggie (clearly a man came up with that rule). Looks like I'm going with the curly hair look for my interviews 🙂
Really looking forward to living out of a carry-on for four weeks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also wondering if anyone's heard from the U of Colorado SOM Primary Care track?
Still waiting as well! And I liked people from the Denver area because they're so laid back ... They are either too laid back or I'm way to impatient for their lifestyle! Hmmmm ... Still haven't heard from Denver Health Health Psych (with adult outpatient) Track either!
Just got an invitation to the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA open house! They sent out a mass email with dates of the open houses for the three different tracks. Also a rejection from Regional Mental Health and Jesse Brown VA today.
Which track did you apply to at Jesse Brown? I have still heard NOTHING either way...
** Nevermind! Just received the rejection as well. Love how the subejct line was "Unfortunate News form JBVAMC"...
Last edited:
Thank you for the positive vibes. Best wishes to you as well!Hoping for more good news for you before this is all over. Positive thoughts and support coming your way!!!🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 193
- Replies
- 11
- Views
- 9K

