2012 Range of GPA/DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Happy hunting.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2012 Range of DAT-GPA.xls
    27.5 KB · Views: 1,560
Last edited:
How do you get a 10 in PAT? Take a 30 minute nap 10 minutes into it? And that 1.87 GPA...must have been an ivy since those are more difficult. That's like a 3.6 at a regular university, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
is "declared DAT" the minimum DAT score that they will look at?

How do you get a 10 in PAT? Take a 30 minute nap 10 minutes into it? And that 1.87 GPA...must have been an ivy since those are more difficult. That's like a 3.6 at a regular university, right?

:smuggrin:

Seriously wish I knew the secrets of those outliers.

I've been looking at stats for a while now, but two things I have not known are:
1.) Are the reported GPAs by each school only the undergrad average or totals including graduate courses?
2.) Are the reported GPAs from the application cycle or final gpa right before matriculation?

Thanks!

Are these numbers accurate? Suny buffalo's website says Cumulative GPA: 3.65. Biology, Chemistry, Physics GPA: 3.56 for the entering first year class. Assuming the stats posted are for something completely different.

Are these numbers accurate? Suny buffalo's website says Cumulative GPA: 3.65. Biology, Chemistry, Physics GPA: 3.56 for the entering first year class. Assuming the stats posted are for something completely different.

They're from the most current ADEA guide. I'm pretty sure that data is submitted by the schools. Does Buffalo's site reflect the current D1 statistics?

I talked to the Dr Brown at UB regarding the numbers for UB in the newest book. He said they are incorrect.

Thanks doc. for the info. Btw, where the all DAT masters come from?. I know that the data only shows ranges, but it seems more people have unbelievable DAT scores than my expectation.

He/she probably did take a nap during the PA section.

is "declared DAT" the minimum DAT score that they will look at?
That would be a pretty good interpretation. The heading reads "Declared Minimum" for DAT and GPA.

Seriously wish I knew the secrets of those outliers.
There may not be any secrets; it could simply be that those enrollees had other redeeming qualities. Low DAT scores could mean high GPA and vice versa.

Thanks doc. for the info. Btw, where the all DAT masters come from?. I know that the data only shows ranges, but it seems more people have unbelievable DAT scores than my expectation.

They have always been there. Roughly 5% or ~ 700 of the applicant pool has a score of 22 and above.

Soooo, what's the point of having a minimum score on all subsections, if scores lower than the minimum are accepted?

Soooo, what's the point of having a minimum score on all subsections, if scores lower than the minimum are accepted?

Think of the declared minimum as a guide to what's acceptable.

Think of the declared minimum as a guide to what's acceptable.

or an indication of what that particular school deems "qualified". end of story.

maybe such thinking will quell the frothing masses that shout any gpa/dat below average isn't as qualified as a 3.7/24AA rock star.

just spitballin here.

My RC is 16, but my AA is 21 and PAT is 22. I took the Canadian DAT along with a 3.76 GPA.

Which schools should I apply to?

My RC is 16, but my AA is 21 and PAT is 22. I took the Canadian DAT along with a 3.76 GPA.

Which schools should I apply to?

Look at the excel spreadsheet in the first post. You can find a few reasonable choices in seconds. Expensive, private ones.

Look at the excel spreadsheet in the first post. You can find a few reasonable choices in seconds. Expensive, private ones.

Yes, I did look at that already. But it doesn't specify if there is a cut off for each component. It only states the ranges and mean for AA, TS, Sci, etc. My real concern is RC.

I know this an old thread, but for some reason my computer won't let me view the file-can come post it on here or message it in a different format than the previous one?