2013 APPIC Internship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I received a rejection via email from LASPIC earlier.

Still waiting on:
Humboldt Unified School District (APTC)
Child & Family Psychology Center (IPAC)
Deerfield High School (ISPIC)
Jewish Board of Family & Children's Services (Unlikely)
May Institute (Unlikely)
Rural Integrated Care Program (Unlikely)
Starr Commonwealth
Univeristy of Florida HSC (Unlikely)

I'm pretty much done fretting!

Members don't see this ad.

neuropsych2be, looks like ur eager for a response since uve already posted this twice in the last hr. i dont think ur questions are being purposefully ignored, but they may not really belong in this thread. so far this thread has been about interviews for internship in phase I and phase II.

we r all so involved in that, i doubt we have much capacity for a theoretical discussion of how to reconstruct the entire process. at least not until after match day, lol.
I agree. I think people got into it about this last year and it ended up being unproductive. We've got bigger things to worry about right now.

so when do yall think you will give your question mark sites up for lost? i know there are quite a few ppl on here who still havent heard a peep on this forum about several sites, when do u think its a sure bet that you wont hear anything because the chosen few arent sdners?

of course you can only speculate, but i def thought all sights wuld have been mentioned by now, are some of you gonna be holding out even through til monday? is there any chance that some sites had so many apps that they will be reading them until the wkend and good news could still come that late?

(cant wait for the anxiety to end!)

Members don't see this ad :)
so when do yall think you will give your question mark sites up for lost? i know there are quite a few ppl on here who still havent heard a peep on this forum about several sites, when do u think its a sure bet that you wont hear anything because the chosen few arent sdners?

of course you can only speculate, but i def thought all sights wuld have been mentioned by now, are some of you gonna be holding out even through til monday? is there any chance that some sites had so many apps that they will be reading them until the wkend and good news could still come that late?

Did you match in Phase 1?

Hey guys.
Like some of you I am still waiting to hear from a couple sites that no one has mentioned hearing from yet:

1. University of Cali, SF/San Fran Gen Hosp, Child & Adolescent Services (CAS)
2. San Bernardino
3. Allendale

Any word from these sites, anyone? Right on the verge of resigning to plan B, which I guess isn't the worst...........
Thanks!

Hey guys.
Like some of you I am still waiting to hear from a couple sites that no one has mentioned hearing from yet:

2. San Bernardino
3. Allendale

Any word from these sites, anyone? Right on the verge of resigning to plan B, which I guess isn't the worst...........
Thanks!

Have not heard from SanBernardino either

AHHH IDK! I think this is insane, but rankings are due on Monday. They can't honestly expect to call us on Monday and interview us and rank us all in the same day?

I think at the end of the day tomorrow, I am going to give in and email TDs. I know that some people have mentioned doing so hear, but I haven't.. and I really didnt' want to for sites that I knew no one had heard of, but maybe the 10 people they interviewed just aren't on here. That's a possibility, right?

BLAH!

Good luck to everyone with phase 2. I barely made it through phase 1. Give you props for keeping on. :thumbup:

Are most people going to rank APPIC sites? Or take off a year if they dont get an APA site?

I am hope the best for everyone in this Phase II process. I am seeing that many of the sites where I did not even snag an interview are now seeking interns in Phase II. Yet they did not interview me, even thought I matched at an APA site. Something seems very very very wrong about this whole mess. If anyone could reconstruct the process from the ground up, what would you do to change it?? Would you scrap the process and what would or should replace it.

I honestly think the process itself, in many respects, isn't that bad right now. The issue is that sites are being overly taxed by the number of applications they're receiving, and thus aren't able to spend as much resources reviewing each application as they'd probably like. Applicants, in turn, are then feeling as if they need to apply to more and more sites to remain competitive. In the end, if I were going to change anything, it'd be on the front end (i.e., reducing the overall number of applicants to reduce the overall stress for everyone involved).

Also, your matching at one site (congrats, btw) doesn't necessarily mean you'd be seen as a good match by another site. They may have felt that they couldn't offer you the training they felt you needed or were looking for, may have had bad experiences with students from your program in the past, or any other of a host of reasons.

AHHH IDK! I think this is insane, but rankings are due on Monday. They can't honestly expect to call us on Monday and interview us and rank us all in the same day?

I think at the end of the day tomorrow, I am going to give in and email TDs. I know that some people have mentioned doing so hear, but I haven't.. and I really didnt' want to for sites that I knew no one had heard of, but maybe the 10 people they interviewed just aren't on here. That's a possibility, right?

BLAH!

gosh, right? i am still hesitating about contacting TDs but it seems unlikely that they just forgot to tell me they were in love with my app and far more likely that it got tossed in the no pile. but if you break down and contact ppl and hear anything back id luv to hear about it!

Did you match in Phase 1?

no, psychchick1308, i had some interviews during phase I but I ultimately didn't match. thats why i was asking about when to give up on expecting more interviews. im still waiting on sites and want to start getting realistic so i dont end up feeling crushed like last time.

Good luck to everyone with phase 2. I barely made it through phase 1. Give you props for keeping on. :thumbup:

Are most people going to rank APPIC sites? Or take off a year if they dont get an APA site?

i will definitely be waiting for an apa site. i think that it will be better for my career viability to be a year behind schedule than to be limited to places that dont care about apa accredited internships. although, if i end up not matching again next year i might start singing a different tune :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)

There's more than a few that I haven't heard from. At this point, I don't really expect to unless it was to say I'd be ranked without interview. I stand with four interviews covering six sites with a total of 11 openings and I'm daring to allow myself to feel hopeful about my chances this time...

Hey guys.

2. San Bernardino
3. Allendale

Thanks!

Someone at my practicum had an interview with Allendale a week ago Friday.

There's more than a few that I haven't heard from. At this point, I don't really expect to unless it was to say I'd be ranked without interview. I stand with four interviews covering six sites with a total of 11 openings and I'm daring to allow myself to feel hopeful about my chances this time...

In case anyone was still holding out hope for this one-University of Colorado School of Medicine (JFK DD track) has already conducted their interviews. So, unfortunately, if you haven't heard from them, it means you didn't get an interview, just like me. I e-mailed the TD yesterday.

I called the Brown VA, and they have already conducted interviews. If you haven't heard from, them, you are no longer being considered.

BLAH!

Unfortunately, that is def a possibility because nobody on this thread had heard about Colorado Univ School of Medicine (JFK DD track) and the TD responded to an e-mail I sent her, in which she stated that they had already conducted all interviews.

Just heard from Woodhull Medical in NY. They are considering me but no interview :-( ... That did not work out well for me in Phase 1 but at least I heard from someone.

Has anyone else heard from anybody today?

Also for those who were asking about emailing TDs, I did email the TD of Woodhull on Monday and got the response today (see details of response in above post)

Just heard from Woodhull Medical in NY. They are considering me but no interview :-( ... That did not work out well for me in Phase 1 but at least I heard from someone.

Did they contact you or was this from you contacting them? Because I'm wrestling with contacting TDs today or not.

I'm confused. They are considering you, but haven't given you an interview yet or are considering you but won't be intervieiwing you? Does this mean they might rank you without an interview but you wouldn't know it?

I'm confused. They are considering you, but haven't given you an interview yet or are considering you but won't be intervieiwing you? Does this mean they might rank you without an interview but you wouldn't know it?

They said they are considering but are not interviewing at this time. I will probably ask if I am being considered for ranking? I wonder if that is okay. Thoughts?

I called the Brown VA, and they have already conducted interviews. If you haven't heard from, them, you are no longer being considered.

Thanks for letting us know! I'm bummed, but it's good to cross it off my mental list. I still haven't heard from, or know anyone who has:

University of Alabama/Birmingham VA
University of Central Florida
University of Southern Illinois
Fresno Consortium

Any word from any of those? Also, just to clarify, are people ranking Ann Arbor VA if you don't hear from them? That's the impression I got, but it also feels weird to do so, you know?

Yes, thank you Indianagirl for letting us all know!

I am still waiting on:
NorCal VA
Coatesville VA
University of Alabama
Child and Family Guidance Center
Institute for Multicultural Counseling
San Bernardino

I e-mailed San Bernardino and will let you all know what I hear. Does anyone have the courage to contact the other TD's? I would, but I had actually contacted them all prior to submitting applications and I don't want to seem obnoxious!

They said they are considering but are not interviewing at this time. I will probably ask if I am being considered for ranking? I wonder if that is okay. Thoughts?

If it were me, I would not contact again and just go ahead and rank the site. Ranking the site, even if they didn't rank you, won't hurt you. But again, that's just how I would do it.

Same goes with Ann Arbor, if I don't hear from them I'm just going to go ahead and rank them. I would think they would let people know at the end of the week if they weren't being considered, as this is what other sites did in Phase I who did not conduct interviews. But who knows, I'm sure they got a ton of apps and maybe don't have time to notify.

Has anyone applied to or has heard from any of the Canadian sites?

thx so much, indianagirl, now i can cross them off the list.

only waiting on:

UAB
Coatesville VA
Northern California VA

Just received an email to interview with University of Alabama VA. The email didn't specify any specific times/dates but I'm interviewing this afternoon via phone.

Just received an email requesting a phone interview with University of Alabama-Birmingham.

Just received an email requesting a phone interview with University of Alabama-Birmingham.

Just received an email to interview with University of Alabama VA. The email didn't specify any specific times/dates but I'm interviewing this afternoon via phone.

Thank you for the information, I was hoping something would show up in my inbox but no such luck :(

I wish you both good luck with your interviews!

congrats guys! wow, wednesday notifications, im shocked. there's hope!

Just received an invite by email from The Guidance Center.

Good luck everyone!

There is an anonymous SDN survey on characteristics of matched vs. unmatched applicants. Please post your stats when you get a chance, regardless of whether you matched or not. This will be useful information for prospective students and current students applying for internship.

Good luck everyone!

There is an anonymous SDN survey on characteristics of matched vs. unmatched applicants. Please post your stats when you get a chance, regardless of whether you matched or not. This will be useful information for prospective students and current students applying for internship.

Where is this survey?

I just found out San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health is currently calling to set up interviews. They had 200+ applications and two people looked at each application to decide who to offer interviews. I'm going to update the master list on page 92.

I almost wish I hadn't heard of people getting offers because now I'm checking my email/SDN like a mad person!!

I just found out San Bernardino County Department of Behavioral Health is currently calling to set up interviews. They had 200+ applications and two people looked at each application to decide who to offer interviews. I'm going to update the master list on page 92.

Just received a rejection letter from San Bernardino :thumbdown:

Received a rejection email from San Bernardino. At least they were kind and respectful enough to send out that email. Makes me want to apply next year if I don't match this year.

I noticed that there is a group of us who applied to a few of the same college sites, which no one on SDN has heard from. There are really only two business days left, so I was wondering if each of us could write just one clinical director asking if interviews have been scheduled already, then share the information with each other.

I noticed that there is a group of us who applied to a few of the same college sites, which no one on SDN has heard from. There are really only two business days left, so I was wondering if each of us could write just one clinical director asking if interviews have been scheduled already, then share the information with each other.

I just heard back from university of central Florida with a no via email. Guess its time for rejections to roll in...

I just heard back from university of central Florida with a no via email. Guess its time for rejections to roll in...

Was it a personalized email? I haven't heard from them one way or the other, so I'm wondering whether to be hopeful or sad. :)

I got the same rejection and it was generic. Sounds like a congratulations to CBTFTW is in order!

I got the same rejection and it was generic. Sounds like a congratulations to CBTFTW is in order!

I hope that's the case, rather than them forgetting about me! I might email them if I don't hear anything tomorrow, since it's getting late in the day now.

I emailed all of the sites I have yet to hear from, and this is what I have so far:

University of Florida HSC Child/Pediatric Psychology track is officially done.
JBFCS for the Adolescent Track is officially done.