2013 APPIC Internship Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has the interview/rejection list been updated recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Can I add to the "has anyone heard" list? I haven't seen a mention anywhere of several of the sites I'm still waiting to hear from, so I was wondering if that was the case for others as well (or if I'm just oblivious and somehow missing them mentioned elsewhere.) Has anyone received word from...
-Humboldt Unified School District (Arizona Psych Training Consortium)
-Dupage County Health Department
-Pathways Community Health (Heart of America Psych Consortium - I saw two other sites from this consortium mentioned, but not this one, right?)
-Genesis Therapy Center (Illinois Psych Association Consortium)
-Madison County Community Health
-Natalis Counseling and Psych Solution
-Range Mental Health Center, Inc.
-Tarzana Treatment Center?
Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!
Added

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview for Tarzana...phone call. Interview set for next week :)

I just got a phone call from Baltimore VA for a phone interview next week. :)
By "Baltimore VA," are you referring to the "Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System (VAMHCS)/University of Maryland-Baltimore (UMB) Psychology Internship Training Consortium?" Long name, I know! Just want to be sure I'm ruling that one out.

For some reason it wasn't showing as updated. Anyway - it does now. Thanks for doing this! It is really helpful.

By "Baltimore VA," are you referring to the "Veterans Affairs Maryland Health Care System (VAMHCS)/University of Maryland-Baltimore (UMB) Psychology Internship Training Consortium?" Long name, I know! Just want to be sure I'm ruling that one out.
I posted it as it was given to me, so I'm not 100% sure. I looked at the list of openings and my guess is it refers to VA MARYLAND HEALTH CARE SYSTEM/UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND SOM TRAUMA RECOVERY PROGRAM

I posted it as it was given to me, so I'm not 100% sure. I looked at the list of openings and my guess is it refers to VA MARYLAND HEALTH CARE SYSTEM/UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND SOM TRAUMA RECOVERY PROGRAM

Yeah, must be. I didn't realize there was only one unfilled position in Baltimore. Thanks!

Not that anyone knows the answer, but think we will hear any news over the weekend? I am still waiting on 9 sites that haven't been mentioned at all!

I went thru Match 2 last year and got an interview during the second week..

Sent from my EVO using SDN Mobile

Not that anyone knows the answer, but think we will hear any news over the weekend? I am still waiting on 9 sites that haven't been mentioned at all!

I'm hoping so. I heard news last weekend, so there's always a chance. I'm still waiting on 2/3rds of my sites that also aren't on the list. I wouldn't think many sites would invite past Monday or Tuesday of next week. One site I interviewed with said they would be making ranking decisions on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am hoping to hear from them but since everyone heard from them I think it's a no! What was your interview like? Was it impersonal like some of these other ones? What did they ask? Congratulations. I hope you hear good news from them

They said had a standard list of questions, but it wasn't as short as some and I felt that they did make an effort to get to know me.

But it did seem like they may still call people? They called and wanted me to interview later that day, which made it seem that they may be doing it in a rolling fashion. I know that they are having multiple people call people too. so, I'm not sure.

Anybody else get an email invite from Miami VA? I replied back on Wednesday to confirm that I could do the time they gave, but they never wrote back. I"m wondering if it'd be too annoying to email again to make sure they got my original email.

Yes, that is the one.

Anybody else get an email invite from Miami VA? I replied back on Wednesday to confirm that I could do the time they gave, but they never wrote back. I"m wondering if it'd be too annoying to email again to make sure they got my original email.

I wuldnt call them. I wrote back accepting my interview time and they didnt respond but Did call at the expected time. Also, u might wanna b near a printer, it was weird, at the start of the interview they emailed me a copy of the questions so during the interview they wuld just say "what's ur response to question 2"? Stuff like that.

Hi I just wanted confirmation about contact from these two sites:

Woodhull Medical Center
Reading Hospital

I have not heard from them but i have seen in this thread that interviews have been offered?

Also has anyone heard from:
Ohio Psychology Internship
San Bernardino County

Thanks and good luck to everyone...

Got an interview from Mailman!!! :) Generic e-mail

When did you get it? I thought someone had received an invitation on Friday and it was personlized. Wonder what the difference is about. Maybe they got tired of doing personalized ones?

Heard from Central Iowa VA that I will be ranked but not interviewed.

When did you get it? I thought someone had received an invitation on Friday and it was personlized. Wonder what the difference is about. Maybe they got tired of doing personalized ones?

I'm not the person who posted that, but mailman contacted me Saturday evening with an interview offer.

Oh, that's helpful to know. I received no such notice so I feel pretty confident sliding them to the no pile.
Thx SPB

Things have been silent for me since Wednesday.

This thread has also been WAY too silent compared to last years!

Things have been silent for me since Wednesday.

This thread has also been WAY too silent compared to last years!

I KNOW!! I'm really hoping that (rather than us all being out for our sites) we will be hearing a lot from Mon-Wed of this week. It could really make for a long, busy week!! :scared:

Did they call you or email? And did they give a specific date and time?

Email. Seemed generic. Gave three days for next week and asked for our preferences... said they'd get back to us with more info, probably on Monday.

I received an invite about an hour ago by email for Pathways (Heart of America). Wasn't expecting anything this late on a Sunday, but was happy to see it.

I hope for everyone it's a busy day today! I am still waiting to here from 9 sites and I just woke up from a nightmare where this morning was match day and I didn't match but I kept trying to tell everyone there was a week left!!!

alright guys, its monday of the final week. let me add in my wishes that we all get super busy early this week with interviews! im still waiting to here from several sites not mentioned here so its possible :)

I wuldnt call them. I wrote back accepting my interview time and they didnt respond but Did call at the expected time. Also, u might wanna b near a printer, it was weird, at the start of the interview they emailed me a copy of the questions so during the interview they wuld just say "what's ur response to question 2"? Stuff like that.

Thanks Wagwise for sharing in your experience and for the heads up about the printer...how was your feel about the site? Its so hard to know this time around with such a shortened interview set up. Also, did they happen to give you the contact info of any of their current interns? They scheduled my interview for this coming Friday, so I typically ask for the contact info for their interns then, but not sure if it'll be hard to reach people before the weekend.

Thanks Wagwise for sharing in your experience and for the heads up about the printer...how was your feel about the site? Its so hard to know this time around with such a shortened interview set up. Also, did they happen to give you the contact info of any of their current interns? They scheduled my interview for this coming Friday, so I typically ask for the contact info for their interns then, but not sure if it'll be hard to reach people before the weekend.

honestly, they didn't seem to like me very much and seemed very turned off by my previous experience. at first i thought it was the difficulty of phone interviews, but i have since had a phone interview that went very well so i think maybe the miami interview did go as badly as i thought it did.

i did not gather contact information on anyone, including current interns. there were approximately 5 ppl in the room sharing a speaker phone to ask me questions, so if you have questions for specific ppl you may be able to just ask then.

hope this was helpful and not discouraging, this site was a little bit of a reach as far as fit is concerned so i don't necessarily think that my bad interview is the norm. good luck!

If anyone is still wondering why you got an initial e-mail from Primary Children's without a follow-up, it is because you are no longer in the running for interviews. I contacted Dr. Poulsen to obtain this information.

Has anyone heard from Colorado School of Medicine (JFK track) or LAS*PIC?

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out which of my sites to rule out at this point. Has anyone heard from:

Stanford University (said they would contact me by today, I guess it's still early)
University of Central Florida
University of Idaho
Southern Illinois University
University of Maine
University of Washington (someone mentioned a university in WA that has already sent out notifications but I didn't see which one it was)

Thanks and good luck everyone!

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out which of my sites to rule out at this point. Has anyone heard from:

Stanford University (said they would contact me by today, I guess it's still early)
University of Idaho
University of Maine
University of Washington (someone mentioned a university in WA that has already sent out notifications but I didn't see which one it was)

Thanks and good luck everyone!

I applied to all of those and haven't heard from any (except the initial notification from Stanford). Fingers crossed for good news soon!

Phone interview with Orlando VA this morning...wow, that's all I have to say! Very challenging questions compared to my previous interviews. I was so nervous and they could tell :(

Generic rejection e-mail from Cincinnati VAMC. It was nice as far as rejections go and stated that they got 176 applications for 1 spot and they are only interviewing 10 people, so if you got an interview I'd say you have a pretty good shot!

Has anyone heard from Colorado School of Medicine (JFK track) or LAS*PIC?
I'm still waiting to hear from those sites, as well as other sites. I'm still waiting to hear from 9 sites that haven't popped up on here yet. Today has been silent so far. Good luck!

Generic rejection e-mail from Cincinnati VAMC. It was nice as far as rejections go and stated that they got 176 applications for 1 spot and they are only interviewing 10 people, so if you got an interview I'd say you have a pretty good shot!

ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazedAndConfuse

University of Idaho
University of Maine
University of Washington (someone mentioned a university in WA that has already sent out notifications but I didn't see which one it was)"

I just want to third this (except now Stanford). It seems to be getting a bit late in the game for all of these sites to begin to arrange interviews. Is it possible that the invites were sent out and no one on the forum got one?

I am waiting to hear back from a couple sites u listed (Central Fl and Idaho)...and a few others that are not on your list. No one on the forum has listed the ones I am still waiting on and the one I haven't heard from that have been listed are in my "no" pile. I suppose it is possible that people not on the forum heard from sites. I guess we will never know! So stressful. Good luck!

Quote:

University of Idaho
University of Maine
University of Washington (someone mentioned a university in WA that has already sent out notifications but I didn't see which one it was)"

I just want to third this (except now Stanford). It seems to be getting a bit late in the game for all of these sites to begin to arrange interviews. Is it possible that the invites were sent out and no one on the forum got one?

While its very possible that these sites have contacted people, and it just happens to not be anyone on SDN, it seems suspect to me. I am still waiting on like 7 sites (all UCC except San Bernardino) and I find it surprising that not one single person has heard from them. Not even a "friend of a friend heard through the grapevine that so and so got an interview here and here"...

Let's say we are all going through phase 2 with at least 3 other people in our cohort. If you figure how many sites you may here about then, it just seems more than a coincidence that there are so many sites that haven't been heard from yet.

Tonight I received a personalized e-mail invitation to interview at James Quillen VAMC. I was surprised because they had already popped upon the forum earlier...must be doing rolling invites.

Quote:

University of Idaho
University of Maine

I know people who have heard from U. Maine and U. Washington. I think this was recently updated on the list on page 92 as well. I'm still waiting to hear from the others you've mentioned (Central Florida, Idaho, Southern Illinois, Indiana/Purdue) so I'm right there with you!