2014-2015 Marshall University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard if they met last night, and if so, when they will let us know something? It seems like they notified people on Thursday evenings in the past based on the older forums.
No idea, @UGA0805 . Anyone called or emailed lately? I'll let you guys know the minute I hear anything...
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nothin' here. I've got this sneaking suspicion that it's not going to even be this week and we'll have to suffer through another weekend.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got a call yesterday afternoon that I had been accepted! I'm so happy, but now I've got a tough choice to make lol

I'm guessing other ppl should've heard back yesterday if they got an acceptance. I don't think they call everyone though, just accepted people, but I don't remember what they said at the interview about that.
 
@it'sabeautifullife I moved when I was 4 to a bunch of places all over the east coast before landing in Jersey, but my great uncle has been an attending physician there for nearly 4 decades so it is still just as much home 🙂
 
@it'sabeautifullife I moved when I was 4 to a bunch of places all over the east coast before landing in Jersey, but my great uncle has been an attending physician there for nearly 4 decades so it is still just as much home 🙂
Awesome, maybe you could be our tour guide...the [extremely cool!] MS2 and MS3 who showed us around on interview day seemed to really like Ritter Park--a central park with rose gardens, running trails, and zipline--I can understand why! Seeing it in the dead of winter probably did not do it justice😉. When Dr. Clements interviewed me, he said there was so-so skiing nearby, and outstanding skiing a few hours away... One of the MS2 said either a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market* was going up near the hospital...and I was already smitten before I learned all of this!

Edit: *Found out this was in the "maybe" stage, but there are other fresh, healthy food options.
 
Last edited:
@it'sabeautifullife I moved when I was 4 to a bunch of places all over the east coast before landing in Jersey, but my great uncle has been an attending physician there for nearly 4 decades so it is still just as much home 🙂

Haha @ninja1008 we're the exact opposite--I moved from Jersey City to WV when I was 4. Congrats on the acceptance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doc Rock!!!!!Been waiting for this post!!!!!!AHHHH!!!!GET ON THE FACEBOOK GROUP ASAP! Wait until you see how freaking awesome these guys are in real life!!!!This is going to be a great four years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha what's the Facebook group called? I am so there. The next four years are gonna be killer!
 
Haha what's the Facebook group called? I am so there. The next four years are gonna be killer!
Check your PM's 😉 There's a lot of info you'll need to move on pretty quickly. No doubt awesome Cindy will hook you up. I can only imagine what you feel like right now after that long wait!!! Been up two nights straight cranking out the last of my honors thesis and was running on fumes--this gave me a great big second wind!

Hopefully, @UGA0805 has gained a seat somewhere or still gets the 304 call...it's not over...
 
Last edited:
Check your PM's 😉 There's a lot of info you'll need to move on pretty quickly. No doubt awesome Cindy will hook you up. I can only imagine what you feel like right now after that long wait!!! Been up two nights straight cranking out the last of my honors thesis and was running on fumes--this gave me a great big second wind!

Hopefully, @UGA0805 has gained a seat somewhere or still gets the 304 call...it's not over...

Definitely @UGA0805 ! May 1st was the deadline to choose for those with more than one acceptance so the whole musical chairs process has just started!
 
Withdrew my acceptance a couple of days ago, hopefully it goes to somebody still waiting.
Made a tough decision and withdrew my acceptance here yesterday. Hopefully it goes to one of you on the waitlist.
Thanks to thosse who gave up their acceptance! Just accepted off of the waitlist, but I'm still deciding! I got into a stellar DO school, so hard decision :/
 
Thanks to thosse who gave up their acceptance! Just accepted off of the waitlist, but I'm still deciding! I got into a stellar DO school, so hard decision :/
What a win-win situation, @DreamerAchiever! Not to make the decision more difficult, but I can tell you that the MUSOM Class of 2019 is a stellar group of individuals ...outstanding academic achievers, sharp-witted, fun, grounded, collaborative...many fine contributions to medicine, as well as lifetime friendships, will arise from that group. [All the same can likely be said for your other option as well. 😉] Good luck! Maybe we'll see you in August!