2014-2015 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS secondary received just now.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS, just received secondary. The website is extremely slow.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got the email. Verified 6/15, early decision, IS.

Website's too slow, brb downloading more ram to make it faster

Reactions: 1 user
Website's too slow, brb downloading more ram to make it faster
Alright, guys, get off the website and let me start filling this thing out. Inconsiderate people not letting me fill out my secondary.......

Reactions: 13 users
anyone else having trouble with the secondary website loading?

edit: I see above me. and I concur :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got it as well. Too bad I have to work a 9 hr shift for the rest of today. :(

site too slow, gonna work on other secondaries before this one

OOS, secondary received today as well.

Let me know when you all are done so I can hop on and join the party. Not the best internet connection + Temple's website = less fun than watching paint dry.

Let me know when you all are done so I can hop on and join the party. Not the best internet connection + Temple's website = less fun than watching paint dry.
+1 can't access. I guess too many people trying to log on at the same time LOL

Someone please post the prompts!

So slowwww. Can't get past the alumni section to get to any prompts.

I love this secondary website. You pay $75 and it punishes you for being a douchebag by being super duper slow.

Received too. Too bad I can't actually access anything on it!

Woo OOS secondary!

At least I got past the Alumni section.

At least I got past the Alumni section.
Rub it in... My browser is white and it keeps trying to load. What did they THINK would happen when they gave thousands of people a secondary at once?

Hey guys. If you switch to google chrome, it works a lot faster.

This is eventually just gonna devolve into the Wall Street high frequency trading scenario, where everyone tries to get closer to the servers to have a faster connection. Brb flying to Philly to bang this secondary out.

Hey guys. If you switch to google chrome, it works a lot faster.
have been using chrome... if this is fast, can't imagine what this is like on other browsers...

Reactions: 6 users
Man, this web portal is so slow. I don't think their servers have the capacity to handle the amount of traffic they're getting.

Okay so in choosing a clinical campus- they have videos for everything except West Penn Allegheny. Does anybody have experience at WPAHS for the clinical years?

I've been working on this application since I received it four hours ago, and I haven't gotten past the Dual Degrees page...

EDIT: Annnnd it just kicked me out, not having saved the two pages I had completed. Ugh.

Finally submitted! I watched a movie while filling out each section because each page took ~15min to load lols

Reactions: 3 users
I guess it's a good thing they won't be reviewing applications until August 15, as it may take that long to get through the slow-loading pages and submit this one...

This is eventually just gonna devolve into the Wall Street high frequency trading scenario, where everyone tries to get closer to the servers to have a faster connection. Brb flying to Philly to bang this secondary out.
'
In philly, not working any faster page has yet to load to start filling it out.

Those of you who have already submitted, how long were your essays? 2000 characters, 5000 characters?

Good thing they don't have the "what is your most significant achievement" prompt, because I'd be seriously tempted to just write "accessing this website."

Reactions: 14 users
Oof. This was one of the first secondaries I pre-wrote. It reads like I wrote it in sixth grade... Made lots of edits!

It's funny bc their payment page is quick as ****

Is it kosher to just put the Philly campus as all of our picks? I really have no desire to live anywhere else in Pennsylvania

just submitted! Hopefully Temple will show me some love:)

submitted mine already, but under "Materials" tab, it said, "No supplemental application materials at this time."
Am I the only encountered this?
Thanks!

submitted mine already, but under "Materials" tab, it said, "No supplemental application materials at this time."
Am I the only encountered this?
Thanks!
i got same thing so your not alone