2014-2015 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Little confused on the "compilation packet" definition. My pre-med advisor submitted a packet for me that includes my committee letter, a science prof letter, and a research advisor letter. My understanding is that you only need to submit 2 science prof letters if you don't have a committee letter. Am I correct?
I believe it was committee letter or compilation letter. I think so schools actually just combine all the letters and submit without a committee letter. So I just said committee letter because my adviser actually wrote a letter summarizing all of my letters. Hope this helps

Members don't see this ad.

I know the prompt for Essay 3 says that we don't have to explain the nature of our choice if we didn't choose one of the other clinical campuses...but does anyone still have the instructions from the "Clinical Campuses" section...because I know they specifically addressed Essay 3 and I'm pretty it just said to explain our first choice....

(I saved my clinical campuses choices and then it deleted all of the instructions from the section...)

If you could just paste the instructions from the Clinical Campuses section that would be great! :joyful: Thanks!
When responding to the third essay question about your interest in Temple, please indicate your special interest in your first ranked clinical campus. To learn more about the regional and clinical campuses, click on the name of the campus below.

Well, shoot. Did anyone else just answer based off of the prompt? In cases like this, should we email them with a correction?

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, shoot. Did anyone else just answer based off of the prompt? In cases like this, should we email them with a correction?
If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest. Otherwise, please type N/A to continue.
I think this is confusing...Maybe just N/A for the main campus?

Reactions: 1 user
If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest. Otherwise, please type N/A to continue.

Yeah, I just followed the prompt and typed in "N/A" when I submitted. Re-reading that question now makes me think that we should be fine if we did that, as it's pretty explicitly stated that they're referring to the other campuses. Still, conflicting instructions have me a bit worried!

How did you guys answer the second question "How do you anticipate contributing to TUSM community?"
Is it a diversity essay? or something else?

How did you guys answer the second question "How do you anticipate contributing to TUSM community?"
Exactly. I did a mix of diversity essay with specific things at Temple I could contribute to.

I talked about how I would add to the diversity of the student body, but also how I enjoy being involved in the community I live in (and talked about EC's X,Y, and Z that demonstrate my commitment to community involvement).

Man ... this is probably one of the slowest websites I have been on ...

I just called and they said to put N/A if you chose the main campus. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Is anyone else having trouble accessing Temple's website? The application portal won't load for me. The School of Medicine page is also down.

Is anyone else having trouble accessing Temple's website? The application portal won't load for me. The School of Medicine page is also down.

Same problem here. This is my last secondary and I was so stoked about getting everything in today :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry if this was asked already..but what is the maximum number of letters Temple accepts? Thank you :D

What do you mean? They said they wouldn't review until the 15th

+1 for under review.... wonder if all complete applications changed to this?

So my status says verified, but under the explanation it says "under review". Is this what y'all have?

So my status says verified, but under the explanation it says "under review". Is this what y'all have?

Under the status tab it says, YOUR STATUS: UNDER REVIEW
Explanation: Your application is under review with our office

Hope this helps

Reactions: 3 users
Under the status tab it says, YOUR STATUS: UNDER REVIEW
Explanation: Your application is under review with our office

Hope this helps

Yay! That's what I have too. Do you remember what it said before this? I never really checked.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the status to change from "verified" to "Under review"? I submitted yesterday but was just curious

UGH i hate when they don't provide a character/word limit :( Always worried I will write too little or too much. heck i don't even know what too little or too much is :/

UGH i hate when they don't provide a character/word limit :( Always worried I will write too little or too much. heck i don't even know what too little or too much is :/
Stop writing when you've said your piece. Works wonders for me - and I don't mean this facetiously.

Navigating the website is so frustrating!

I'm waiting for the site to load as I type this.

Any current Temple students on studentdoc willing to shed more light on the MD/MA program and/or answer some questions I have? It would be much appreciated :)

Just submitted and immediately marked under review. I think all completed apps are being changed automatically to this status despite them saying they will do so on the 15th.

crazy how fast the website is working now! only 5 seconds between pages!

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know about Temple's research opportunities for medical students? All I could find was a thing about summer research between Y1 and Y2

does anyone know about Temple's research opportunities for medical students? All I could find was a thing about summer research between Y1 and Y2

Highly interested in this as well.

i never transformed into a volcano so fast since navigating through the supplemental app :mad:

uh guys where do we pay the fee?

I submitted the supplemental app with the essays and shtuff. Did i already pay before starting the essays and can't remember? o_O

HELP

uh guys where do we pay the fee?

I submitted the supplemental app with the essays and shtuff. Did i already pay before starting the essays and can't remember? o_O

HELP
Did you submit with a Mac? I had the same problem and forgot to turn off my pop-up blocker so I couldn't pay. I called temple and they told me to wait 48 hours and then you'll receive an email from them with a link to pay. I got the email about a day later and was able to submit my payment.

Did you submit with a Mac? I had the same problem and forgot to turn off my pop-up blocker so I couldn't pay. I called temple and they told me to wait 48 hours and then you'll receive an email from them with a link to pay. I got the email about a day later and was able to submit my payment.

Nah I have Windows haha, hmm maybe it was the pop up blocker then. So I guess I'll just wait then :) Thanks