2014-2015 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Little confused on the "compilation packet" definition. My pre-med advisor submitted a packet for me that includes my committee letter, a science prof letter, and a research advisor letter. My understanding is that you only need to submit 2 science prof letters if you don't have a committee letter. Am I correct?
I believe it was committee letter or compilation letter. I think so schools actually just combine all the letters and submit without a committee letter. So I just said committee letter because my adviser actually wrote a letter summarizing all of my letters. Hope this helps
 
I know the prompt for Essay 3 says that we don't have to explain the nature of our choice if we didn't choose one of the other clinical campuses...but does anyone still have the instructions from the "Clinical Campuses" section...because I know they specifically addressed Essay 3 and I'm pretty it just said to explain our first choice....

(I saved my clinical campuses choices and then it deleted all of the instructions from the section...)

If you could just paste the instructions from the Clinical Campuses section that would be great! :joyful: Thanks!
When responding to the third essay question about your interest in Temple, please indicate your special interest in your first ranked clinical campus. To learn more about the regional and clinical campuses, click on the name of the campus below.
 
Well, shoot. Did anyone else just answer based off of the prompt? In cases like this, should we email them with a correction?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, shoot. Did anyone else just answer based off of the prompt? In cases like this, should we email them with a correction?
If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest. Otherwise, please type N/A to continue.
I think this is confusing...Maybe just N/A for the main campus?
 
If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest. Otherwise, please type N/A to continue.
I think this is confusing...Maybe just N/A for the main campus?

Yeah, I just followed the prompt and typed in "N/A" when I submitted. Re-reading that question now makes me think that we should be fine if we did that, as it's pretty explicitly stated that they're referring to the other campuses. Still, conflicting instructions have me a bit worried!
 
How did you guys answer the second question "How do you anticipate contributing to TUSM community?"
Is it a diversity essay? or something else?
 
How did you guys answer the second question "How do you anticipate contributing to TUSM community?"
Is it a diversity essay? or something else?

I talked about how I would add to the diversity of the student body, but also how I enjoy being involved in the community I live in (and talked about EC's X,Y, and Z that demonstrate my commitment to community involvement).
 
I just called and they said to put N/A if you chose the main campus. Hope this helps!
If you indicated St. Luke's Regional Campus or one of our clinical campuses (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, Geisinger Health System, or West Penn Allegheny Health System) as your first choice, please describe the nature of your special interest. Otherwise, please type N/A to continue.
I think this is confusing...Maybe just N/A for the main campus?
 
Is anyone else having trouble accessing Temple's website? The application portal won't load for me. The School of Medicine page is also down.
 
Sorry if this was asked already..but what is the maximum number of letters Temple accepts? Thank you 😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how long it takes for the status to change from "verified" to "Under review"? I submitted yesterday but was just curious
 
UGH i hate when they don't provide a character/word limit 🙁 Always worried I will write too little or too much. heck i don't even know what too little or too much is :/
 
UGH i hate when they don't provide a character/word limit 🙁 Always worried I will write too little or too much. heck i don't even know what too little or too much is :/
Stop writing when you've said your piece. Works wonders for me - and I don't mean this facetiously.
 
Any current Temple students on studentdoc willing to shed more light on the MD/MA program and/or answer some questions I have? It would be much appreciated 🙂
 
Just submitted and immediately marked under review. I think all completed apps are being changed automatically to this status despite them saying they will do so on the 15th.
 
does anyone know about Temple's research opportunities for medical students? All I could find was a thing about summer research between Y1 and Y2
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
uh guys where do we pay the fee?

I submitted the supplemental app with the essays and shtuff. Did i already pay before starting the essays and can't remember? 😵

HELP
 
uh guys where do we pay the fee?

I submitted the supplemental app with the essays and shtuff. Did i already pay before starting the essays and can't remember? 😵

HELP
Did you submit with a Mac? I had the same problem and forgot to turn off my pop-up blocker so I couldn't pay. I called temple and they told me to wait 48 hours and then you'll receive an email from them with a link to pay. I got the email about a day later and was able to submit my payment.
 
Did you submit with a Mac? I had the same problem and forgot to turn off my pop-up blocker so I couldn't pay. I called temple and they told me to wait 48 hours and then you'll receive an email from them with a link to pay. I got the email about a day later and was able to submit my payment.

Nah I have Windows haha, hmm maybe it was the pop up blocker then. So I guess I'll just wait then 🙂 Thanks