You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 University of Texas - Houston Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Houston does not have secondaries -_-
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know when interview invites should be expected?!
Would be safe to bet on post 1st week of July.
Hey guys! I think UT Houston's first batch of interview invites went out on 8/19 last cycle.Anyone know when interview invites should be expected?!
Any invites yet?
Looking at last year's thread, invites didn't come out until August. So lots of waiting ahead! 🙂
Looking at last year's thread, invites didn't come out until August. So lots of waiting ahead! 🙂
Fine by me! I'm waiting to be processed anyway 😉
Congra!!!!
Did you receive any e-mail to confirm application completed before II?
Thanks
Did you receive any e-mail to confirm application completed before II?
Thanks
Interview Invite!!! 3.9/33/Transmitted TMDSAS 6/10
Available dates: 8/29, 9/5, 9/12
Congra!!!!
Did you receive any e-mail to confirm application completed before II?
Thanks
I got an email from Houston on 6/12 saying they received my app. (The one with all THE CAPS and DO NOTs haha). That's the only correspondence I had from them before II.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What does it mean if I haven't gotten an II? Do I still stand a chance to be invited to the first round of interviews? I submitted my TMDSAS on 5/23 and my stats are 34 mcat, 3.8 GPA.
just applied…a little late but IS! Congrats on the II!
Yes, but my score hasn't come in yet, as In idk it yet...I was transmitted 6/23 but still haven't got the email saying they received my application. Anyone in the same boat as me?
I stayed with a student when I interviewed last year and it was a great experience. Helps calm you down and they answer your questionsJust got an II scheduled for 8/29 🙂
Is anybody planning on staying with a student? Is this a common practice?
So what does it mean if your application was "under review" as of 6/12 and you didn't get an interview invite yet? Does this just mean that you aren't invited to the first round of interviews, but you might get invited to the next round? Or are you basically out of luck?
Just got an II scheduled for 8/29 🙂
Is anybody planning on staying with a student? Is this a common practice?
Yeah that's when I'm going to and I'm going to stay with a med student. I just figured you don't have to pay for a hotel but you get the night before to relax and not drive/fly...
Hey y'all bored MS-0 here. I'm going to be attending next year and can answer any questions you may have about how the application process works, and what all happens on the interview day (short answer: The best chocolate cake you've ever had in your life).
Last edited:
Hey y'all bored MS-0 here. I'm going to be attending UTH next year and can answer any questions you may have about how the application process works, and what all happens on the interview day (short answer: The best chocolate cake you've ever had in your life). Also I happened to get into UTH off the waitlist, so if anyone is curious about how that little slice of hell works I can tell you about it too.
Truth. Whatever you do, save room for the cake.
So what does it mean if your application was "under review" as of 6/12 and you didn't get an interview invite yet? Does this just mean that you aren't invited to the first round of interviews, but you might get invited to the next round? Or are you basically out of luck?
+1
Hey guys, I'm applying OOS. My TMDSAS has been verified and my MCAT scores will be in by mid-August. Will I be too late for this cycle? I know they're really picky with OOS applicants.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All "application recieved" means is that that they've got your info on file. I got all my "application recieved" emails by the end of august and I was getting invites as late as November 27. Early interviews are often given to OOS applicants, special program people, or guaranteed admission students because their admissions offers can be extended a bit earlier than your average TMDSAS applicant.
Its optimal to get your interviews before Oct 15 because that means you're eligible for pre-match from the beginning. But you can still get interviews (and acceptances from those interviews) for a loooong way into the semester.
In other words, don't worry about it, all is chill.
Thank you! Love the advice and insight.All "application recieved" means is that that they've got your info on file. I got all my "application recieved" emails by the end of august and I was getting invites as late as November 27. Early interviews are often given to OOS applicants, special program people, or guaranteed admission students because their admissions offers can be extended a bit earlier than your average TMDSAS applicant.
Its optimal to get your interviews before Oct 15 because that means you're eligible for pre-match from the beginning. But you can still get interviews (and acceptances from those interviews) for a loooong way into the semester.
In other words, don't worry about it, all is chill.
Is there anything they're looking for in particular in terms of OOS applicants?Published research or Leadership maybe? Or is it just a super high MCAT score and ties to Texas?
Is there anything they're looking for in particular in terms of OOS applicants?Published research or Leadership maybe? Or is it just a super high MCAT score and ties to Texas?
I think they're looking for the same thing in OOS students that they are in anybody else. Ties to Texas are certainly a good start, but if you aren't competitive in all the other areas then it doesn't matter if you are Davy Crockett raised from the dead, you're still probably screwed.
However, if you are an OOS student and get an interview, you will almost certainly be asked if you plan on staying in Texas. It is also useful to be able to provide a reason that working in Texas appeals to you beyond "Its cheaper here". For example, a good friend I know who is going to UTH was from NY, but was very active in the immigrant rights movement and said that she wanted to practice in Texas in order to be closer to an issue she cares about.
Last edited:
II this morning
If you don't mind sharing, what were your approximate stats and when did you submit your primary?
Sure. I got my "application under review" email from UT Houston on 6/12. GPA 3.4 and MCAT 35. Not sure if it matters at all, but my undergrad school was top 5 in the country.
Great, there's still hope! My stats are similar to yours and my application went under review a little after yours. Are you IS, and have you gotten II from any of the other Texas schools yet?
I was transmitted 6/23 but still haven't got the email saying they received my application. Anyone in the same boat as me?
Exactly in the same boat. Transmitted 6/25, still have not received a confirmation. Out of all TMDSAS schools, this is the only one I have not received a confirmation for. Might have to shoot them an e-mail.
Check your spam mail folderExactly in the same boat. Transmitted 6/25, still have not received a confirmation. Out of all TMDSAS schools, this is the only one I have not received a confirmation for. Might have to shoot them an e-mail.
II for sept 12th
Do you mind sharing when you submitted your primary and secondary?
EDIT: Sorry no secondary :/ Keeping track of all of these applications is getting to me!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exactly in the same boat. Transmitted 6/25, still have not received a confirmation. Out of all TMDSAS schools, this is the only one I have not received a confirmation for. Might have to shoot them an e-mail.
Same here, 6/24. They could just be behind the others.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

