2014 Pedo Residency Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
*UF- Gainesville - emailed confirmation - required NBDE scores sent to them; 2x2 emailed
*UF - Naples - emailed confirmation - required NBDE scores sent to them; 2x2 emailed
*Ann & Robert Lurie - Chicago, IL - emailed confirmation - needed application fee sent to them and emailed 2x2 and CV
*University of Alabama - emailed confirmation - required 2x2, undergraduate transcripts and fee
*Miami Children's Hospital - emailed confirmation - required supplemental application, 2x2 (2 of them), CV, match number and fee (must be money order)
*USC - emailed confirmation - required supplemental information and fee
*Boston University - emailed confirmation - required supplemental information and fee
*Indiana University - emailed confirmation - required to fill some form, official nbde, and CV
*University of Michigan - emailed confirmation - application complete (they only need PASS)
*MUSC - emailed confirmation - required CV and 2x2 mailed
*Yale- emailed confirmation- required optional CV, 2x2, undergrad transcript, official nbde email or mail
*Oregon - snail mailed confirmation that they received supplemental fee (which means they got my application too since they were in the same packet)
*Bon Secours - emailed confirmation - they required 2x2 sent to them
*University of Louisville - no supplemental information
*LSU - emailed confirmation - required supplemental fee, CV and 2x2
*UCSF- emailed confirmation- CV, undergrad transcript, fee and application fee form, NBDE
*USC - Email confirmation - Undergraduate transcript, CV, NBDE score (unless reported in your Dean's Letter), Application fee.
*Temple - email confirmation - supplemental application, CV, $25 fee, undergrad transcripts, DAT scores
*Ohio State - email confirmation - required CV and 2x2 (emailed to them) and DAT scores
*Maimonides Medical Center - emailed confirmation - fee, photo, CV
*Columbia University- emailed confirmation- photo, CV, undergrad transcript
*Baylor - I called to confirm - 2x2, CV, undergrad transcripts
*University of Washington - emailed confirmation - waiver statement, CV and 2x2

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone been able to reach Georgia Regents University

I've tried emailing on multiple occasions - they require a form called "Lawful Presence Certification" which you need to send a document from a list from (this include drivers licenses from Georgia or Alabama, ORIGINAL birthcert, passport etc)...I have none of these and have no clue what to do

I have a drivers license from a different state of course, and my own birth certificate - but I am not going to send the original and it says copies are not accepted?

HELP PLEASE!

Has anyone been able to reach Georgia Regents University

I've tried emailing on multiple occasions - they require a form called "Lawful Presence Certification" which you need to send a document from a list from (this include drivers licenses from Georgia or Alabama, ORIGINAL birthcert, passport etc)...I have none of these and have no clue what to do

I have a drivers license from a different state of course, and my own birth certificate - but I am not going to send the original and it says copies are not accepted?

HELP PLEASE!

Lol. Georgia. The dental schools/residencies in Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia are extremely isolationist. Look at their dental school and medical school admission rates. Almost 100% in-state. Some even have a stated policy that they only accept in-state applicants.

I'm guessing that the overarching reason for this policy is to make it impossible for anyone who is not from Alabama or Georgia to apply to their program. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
*UF- Gainesville - emailed confirmation - required NBDE scores sent to them; 2x2 emailed
*UF - Naples - emailed confirmation - required NBDE scores sent to them; 2x2 emailed
*Ann & Robert Lurie - Chicago, IL - emailed confirmation - needed application fee sent to them and emailed 2x2 and CV
*University of Alabama - emailed confirmation - required 2x2, undergraduate transcripts and fee
*Miami Children's Hospital - emailed confirmation - required supplemental application, 2x2 (2 of them), CV, match number and fee (must be money order)
*Boston University - emailed confirmation - required supplemental information and fee
*Indiana University - emailed confirmation - required to fill some form, official nbde, and CV
*University of Michigan - emailed confirmation - application complete (they only need PASS)
*Yale- emailed confirmation- required optional CV, 2x2, undergrad transcript, official nbde email or mail
*Oregon - snail mailed confirmation that they received supplemental fee (which means they got my application too since they were in the same packet)
*UCSF- emailed confirmation- CV, undergrad transcript, fee and application fee form, NBDE
*USC - Email confirmation - Undergraduate transcript, CV, NBDE score (unless reported in your Dean's Letter), Application fee.
*Temple - email confirmation - supplemental application, CV, $25 fee, undergrad transcripts, DAT scores
*Ohio State - email confirmation - required CV and 2x2 (emailed to them) and DAT scores
*Georgia Regents University - emailed confirmation - CV, 2x2 and lawful presence certification

AAPD lists Ann & Robert Lurie acceptance ratio as 1:75 - that seems extremely low compared to other programs - anyone familiar enough with the program to know if that is true?

is it necessary to register for match right now? does it effect the completion of any of the application requirements? I haven't heard from several schools now since submitting on July 2nd and was just curious.

AAPD lists Ann & Robert Lurie acceptance ratio as 1:75 - that seems extremely low compared to other programs - anyone familiar enough with the program to know if that is true?

This program is highly competitive at one of the best children's hospitals in the country. Plus they only take 2 residents - which means 2 out of about 150 applicants are accepted...which is about right

is it too late to submit applications to peds right now through pass

is it necessary to register for match right now? does it effect the completion of any of the application requirements? I haven't heard from several schools now since submitting on July 2nd and was just curious.

Some schools do say they want you to be registered for Match during the time of your application.

What schools are you waiting for? - From my experience, not all school will send confirmations....and if you want to verify your application, you will need to contact the school directly.

I know that LMC's school do no send out confirmations, but they don't require supplemental materials.

I would be concerned with programs that need extra materials sent to them...otherwise, programs that just need the PASS application should be find because you get a receipt when you pay for the application :)

Do programs give preference to early completed applications? Or, do they generally wait until after their deadline then evaluate all applications for possible interviews?

Thanks!

Do programs give preference to early completed applications? Or, do they generally wait until after their deadline then evaluate all applications for possible interviews?

Thanks!

I think it depends on the school - just make sure your applications are in on time - if they are on time you will be in the pool of applicants who will for sure be considered

Members don't see this ad :)
*Georgia Regents University - emailed confirmation - CV, 2x2 and lawful presence certification
*Montefiore- emailed confirmation, CV, 2x2, undergrad transcripts, DAT, NBDE, no fee

what is the difference between programs that offer stipend and the programs that charge tuition? is it a hospital setting?

*Montefiore- emailed confirmation, CV, 2x2, undergrad transcripts, DAT, NBDE, no fee
*Childrens Hospital of Colorado - I emailed to confirm - CV, 2x2, undergrad transcripts, NBDE scores
*UT-San Antonio - I emailed to confirm - no supplemental materials required
*University of Kentucky - I emailed to confirm - 2x2, CV, undergrad transcripts

*Childrens Hospital of Colorado - I emailed to confirm - CV, 2x2, undergrad transcripts, NBDE scores
*Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - I emailed to confirm - 2x2 and $25 application fee

This program is highly competitive at one of the best children's hospitals in the country. Plus they only take 2 residents - which means 2 out of about 150 applicants are accepted...which is about right

Why is it so highly competitive? Do you have details about the program at all?

Why is it so highly competitive? Do you have details about the program at all?

What I do know is that Children's Memorial Hospital (now Ann and Robert Lurie's) is one of the top children's hospitals in the country. I have a friend that interviewed there last year and said she really liked the program - I can try and get more details

What I do know is that Children's Memorial Hospital (now Ann and Robert Lurie's) is one of the top children's hospitals in the country. I have a friend that interviewed there last year and said she really liked the program - I can try and get more details

If you can, that would be great!

anyone also familiar with the Tufts program? more specifically, whether they prefer to choose in-state and students of their own undergrad program vs those applying from out-of-state.

*Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center - I emailed to confirm - 2x2 and $25 application fee
*VCU - I emailed them to confirm - no extra materials
*UCLA - Venice - I emailed them to confirm - no extra materials
*UCLA -LA Westwood -I emailed them to confirm - no extra materials

*Tufts University - emailed confirmation - Required Fee, and 2X2.

*University of Toledo - I emailed them to confirm - 2x2 and CV

As for DAT scores, are you guys sending it as an official score report or another way?

As for DAT scores, are you guys sending it as an official score report or another way?

DAT scores need to be sent from ADA to the school directly as an official score report - or at least that is what I understood

DAT scores need to be sent from ADA to the school directly as an official score report - or at least that is what I understood

Thank you for your feedback. I have had ADA send both DAT and NBDE scores directly to me so that I can include it together with my 2x2 photo and CV and undergrad transcripts when I send the envelope to each school. Am I doing things wrong?

Thank you for your feedback. I have had ADA send both DAT and NBDE scores directly to me so that I can include it together with my 2x2 photo and CV and undergrad transcripts when I send the envelope to each school. Am I doing things wrong?

I'm pretty sure the DAT and NBDE scores need to go straight from the ADA to the schools - but don't hold me to that

I know that I sent my envelopes out with everything BUT the scores and sent those separate.

do all programs require DAT scores. I didn't see that on the programs I applied to

do all programs require DAT scores. I didn't see that on the programs I applied to

No, most programs do NOT require DAT scores...there's only a select few - I'd look on both PASS ADEA search engine AND AAPD websites to see what materials each school wants

DO we need to wait to send our NBDE score to those schools that request them? or can we send it now even though they haven't asked for it. thank you

DO we need to wait to send our NBDE score to those schools that request them? or can we send it now even though they haven't asked for it. thank you

You can send them as soon possible, since it can take 4-6 weeks for the programs to receive them.

Has anyone heard from the LMC programs yet? Seems like last year this time they had started offering interviews

Has anyone heard from the LMC programs yet? Seems like last year this time they had started offering interviews

Not yet. Application deadline for most was Aug 15th I believe. Reviewing applications now -- should hear in a few weeks

Not yet. Application deadline for most was Aug 15th I believe. Reviewing applications now -- should hear in a few weeks

Applications were Aug 15th last year and some of their programs were giving out interviews by 8/18 and 8/23...so just thought maybe someone had heard...

Applications were Aug 15th last year and some of their programs were giving out interviews by 8/18 and 8/23...so just thought maybe someone had heard...

I spoke with a few of the admins and they were holding off on reviewing applications until the deadline this year. Not sure of why they changed this, but thats what Ive been told by a few sources.

Also, the majority of the LMC responses came out in mid sept. I think two of them were sent out in late Aug.

I spoke with a few of the admins and they were holding off on reviewing applications until the deadline this year. Not sure of why they changed this, but thats what Ive been told by a few sources.

Also, the majority of the LMC responses came out in mid sept. I think two of them were sent out in late Aug.

Who did you talk to about this? (what locations?)

LMC Arizona- called to confirm interview- Nov 3 or 4th with dinner night before

Congrats to our first pedo resident prospect Jreoms! I figured we can start the "Official" interview list! When you get an interview add your school to the list and BOLD it! That way we can have a nice concise list for everyone to easily view - maybe even in alphabetical order - what a thought lol :) Good luck everyone ....it has begun

Lutheran Medical Center - Arizona - Tucson Site, 8/27, phone, 10/3 or 10/4 (social night before)

Last edited:
Congrats to our first pedo resident prospect Jreoms! I figured we can start the "Official" interview list! When you get an interview add your school to the list and BOLD it! That way we can have a nice concise list for everyone to easily view - maybe even in alphabetical order - what a thought lol :) Good luck everyone ....it has begun

Lutheran Medical Center - Arizona - Tucson Site, 8/27, phone, 11/3 or 11/4 (social night before)

I'm sorry everyone, its 10/3 and 10/4, not 11/3 and 11/4. They called over lunch today CST. Thanks everyone!

*University of Toledo - I emailed them to confirm - 2x2 and CV
*Brookdale Hospital - emailed confirmation - required supplemental form with two 2x2

Lutheran Medical Center - Arizona - Tucson Site, 8/27, phone, 11/3 or 11/4 (social night before)
Lutheran Medical Center - Hawaii - email on 8/27 - 10/19 (social night before)

Lutheran Medical Center - Arizona - Tucson Site, 8/27, phone, 10/3 or 10/4 (social night before)
Lutheran Medical Center - Hawaii - email on 8/27 - 10/18 or 10/19 (social night on 10/18)

Last edited:
Lutheran Medical Center - Hawaii - email on 8/27 - 10/18 or 10/19 (social night on 10/18)
Lutheran Medical Center - California - email on 8/27 - 10/8 (social night on 10/7)

Lutheran Medical Center - California - email on 8/27 - 10/7 or 10/8 (social night on 10/7)

Last edited:
Lutheran Medical Center - California - email on 8/27 - 10/7 or 10/8 (social night on 10/7)

I corrected the dates for Tuscon.

I have a friend that has an interview at Baylor. I can't remember the date's she told me, but she received a call last week.

anyone with lmc interview invites has gotten the email detailing location, time, and etc?
I'm scheduled for the AZ site, but hasn't gotten the email as I was told I will be getting.....