2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've always been told that a gap year is a year between graduation and matriculation because a gap year means you have one year in which you are not in school (this is the year you spend applying). In other words, I've been told that a gap year for a person means that person starts his application the summer after receiving his bachelor's degree and starts medical school about 15 months after receiving his bachelor's degree.

Sorry maybe we were talking about the same thing then, because ^ this is what I was talking about. A full year between school and matriculation. For us it's wonky cause we are in summer quarter now.

Members don't see this ad.

I've always been told that a gap year is a year between graduation and matriculation because a gap year means you have one year in which you are not in school (this is the year you spend applying). In other words, I've been told that a gap year for a person means that person starts his application the summer after receiving his bachelor's degree and starts medical school about 15 months after receiving his bachelor's degree.

Thanks for all of your input guys! I think I am going to go ahead and answer it when/if I get the secondary. I don't think my time in between undergrad and matriculation counts towards being a "gap" of any length of time, since I was in graduate school for most of it, but I graduated in 2013, so there will have been 3 years almost between then and matriculation. I have done a lot more EC's in that time as well as lived as a "real adult" so I feel like it's worth mentioning to them.

Got the secondary! Anyone having a little trouble with the experience hours? It's self-populating all of my experience hours as 0 and will not let me change it... Should I just make a note to please see my AMCAS application for my true involvement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the secondary! Anyone having a little trouble with the experience hours? It's self-populating all of my experience hours as 0 and will not let me change it... Should I just make a note to please see my AMCAS application for my true involvement?
No essay tho? Sorry I can't be any help.

any essays?

No essay tho? Sorry I can't be any help.

any essays?

Nope! Except for explaining any time your education has not been continuous, or if you graduated over 6 months ago, explain what you have been doing since then. I don't remember off the top of my head the character limits since they didn't apply to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Nope! Except for explaining any time your education has not been continuous, or if you graduated over 6 months ago, explain what you have been doing since then. I don't remember off the top of my head the character limits since they didn't apply to me.
thanks!

I was verified before July 1st, have yet to receive a secondary from Drexel.

Should I email them about this? Jefferson sent me a secondary invite on July 10th but i never received it until I asked them on July 15th if there were some technical difficulties on their end.

Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 users

Should I email them about this? Jefferson sent me a secondary invite on July 10th but i never received it until I asked them on July 15th if there were some technical difficulties on their end.

Thoughts?
I haven't gotten it either but i was verified on the 9th. It hasn't even been 24 since they sent the first one out. I'd sit and wait a bit more.

Thoughts?
I was also verified well before July 1st and haven't received one so I'd say just wait a little bit more before calling. One post on another thread said many schools randomly send out a few secondaries a couple days before they send out a big batch hoping they can work out any technical difficulties before the secondary is sent to a ton of people.

Last edited:
Just got this secondary! Verified July 9th.

really would've liked to have gotten this secondary before the weekend, verified before July 1st as well

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the secondary today too as well. The photo that I've been uploading successfully for every other school is too large for Drexel :mad:

Joining thread.

Edit: The "watch thread" button is my friend.

Last edited:
If I don't get a secondary invite by Monday, I'm just going to go ahead and email them.

I'm in a post-grad program at Drexel, and verified before July 1st, so I'm just assuming if I don't get it by Monday there was a mistake in sending it to me.

If I don't get a secondary invite by Monday, I'm just going to go ahead and email them.

I'm in a post-grad program at Drexel, and verified before July 1st, so I'm just assuming if I don't get it by Monday there was a mistake in sending it to me.
It's literally only been a couple days. I'm sure if they send them out in batches, it could take up to a couple weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know how long it takes for them to receive everything once you submit? I submitted mine two days later but it still tells me I'm incomplete.

I haven't gotten a secondary yet but I'm trying to pre-write the gap period essay. Is there a character or word limit for it?

No secondary yet either, verified 6/17. Just chipping away at the secondaries I have while waiting for my last few to come in, haha.

just got the secondary....for all my experiences and classes, everything is coming up duplicated...am I the only one ?

just got the secondary....for all my experiences and classes, everything is coming up duplicated...am I the only one ?
Did you just get it today? I'm surprised they're sending out secondaries on a weekend!

My primary was verified on June 11th

I got my secondary this morning. Not too terrible

No secondary yet, verified June 29. Looks like most people are still waiting though so I guess I'm not too worried yet.

No secondary yet, verified June 29. Looks like most people are still waiting though so I guess I'm not too worried yet.
I was verified June 2 and still haven't received it. Not too worried given that many people have yet to receive it

just went to submit and all of my experiences disappeared....

just tried to log in and this happened so I guess we need to just wait it out

"This site is temporarily unavailable due to server maintenance."

I was able to submit mine around lunch. I did get the error message a couple of times

Can everyone else log in or is it saving server maintenance as well for you all?

I was able to submit mine around lunch. I did get the error message a couple of times

Got it finally to work!

When you check your status, does it say if they received anything yet? Mines all blank

Hmm still no secondary for me

Reactions: 5 users
Just FYI: I pressed submit yesterday around noon. It said it was all good. When I checked again today, it said I hadn't yet submitted. So, maybe go double check lol.

Just FYI: I pressed submit yesterday around noon. It said it was all good. When I checked again today, it said I hadn't yet submitted. So, maybe go double check lol.

damn thanks for the heads up!

Still no secondary for me.

For those of you that got secondaries, anyone have the word or character count?

Submitted. Now the wait begins.....

Did anyone call about not receiving a secondary? If so what was the verdict?

Reactions: 4 users
Basically, they only essays you write are about your gap year(if you had one) and institutional action. All of my secondaries have taken me at least a week to do (writing is my personal form of hell). I did Drexel in a few hours only because I was at work doing the app between different assigned duties.
One of my easiest secondaries. Just make sure the computer actually lets you submit. I double checked to be safe. My first submission hadn't gone through.

I have yet to receive a secondary as well...

Reactions: 5 users
Good to know. What is "institutional action"? Any word count? And, mine are taking me at least a week also, so rest assured! Looking forward to one that takes just hours.

Still secondary here either... Would be nice to have a easy one to take a break from all the monsters I've been putting off...