2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Got accepted off the waitlist today! The email was sent at 5:00PM. LizzyM 69.5. So excited!!! :D

Reactions: 1 users
Where's a good place to live near the school??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Members don't see this ad :)
For the clinical rotations form that came with the acceptance letter I'm not sure about whether or not I should commit to a site for a year. Can anyone talk about their decision? If you decided not to commit to a site did you just leave that form blank?

Hi all!

I was offered a spot this evening via phone call after being on the wait list (interviewed early March). 1st MD acceptance - hang in there!

Reactions: 2 users
I left it blank. But I think there's a line in the end saying that this decision is not binding but they just want to get an approximate number of students who may be interested. Or something along those lines. So you're not committed even if you check one of the boxes.

For the clinical rotations form that came with the acceptance letter I'm not sure about whether or not I should commit to a site for a year. Can anyone talk about their decision? If you decided not to commit to a site did you just leave that form blank?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, got the call yesterday afternoon from Dr. Berardi-Demo! First MD acceptance :)

I was just accepted off the waitlist as well! I interviewed back in October and didn't think I would be accepted. I'm holding an acceptance at another school and am having a hard time deciding between these two schools.....can any current students share some pros/cons for Drexel?

I was just accepted off the waitlist as well! I interviewed back in October and didn't think I would be accepted. I'm holding an acceptance at another school and am having a hard time deciding between these two schools.....can any current students share some pros/cons for Drexel?

Congratulations! I also interviewed in October and was wait listed, so it's really encouraging to hear that there's hope for me (although who knows in reality.) If you don't mind answering, did you send Drexel any updates?

Congratulations! I also interviewed in October and was wait listed, so it's really encouraging to hear that there's hope for me (although who knows in reality.) If you don't mind answering, did you send Drexel any updates?

Thank you! I did send one update a few months ago and also a new LOR a few weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your daughter is an adult. My suggestion? Have her join the FB group for the class of 2020 where TONS of housing information has been posted plus the housing survival guide.
My daughter is an adult and is on a mission trip in Africa this summer, so she asked if I would help her find and apartment. I'm not really sure why the judgmental response. I was just asking for housing suggestions.

Reactions: 5 users
I am REALLY hoping we start to get some more movement off the waitlist. Does anyone know about how many people are selected off the waitlist each year at Drexel? My top choice, fingers crossed!

Where's a good place to live near the school??

I did a pretty significant amount of looking, are you looking to live alone or with a roomate. If you want an affordable one bedroom, I thought Queen Lane Manor was a good choice. But if you want to share a place, I've heard that there are tons of people on the facebook page looking to share an apartment.

Just got a call within the past hour about being accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed in November, OOS, received other MD acceptances.

Just got a call within the past hour about being accepted off the waitlist! Interviewed in November, OOS, received other MD acceptances.

Congratulations!!! That's so great to hear. Did they email you at all before receiving the call?

Congratulations!!! That's so great to hear. Did they email you at all before receiving the call?

Thank you! No they did not email me before the call but in the call they said an email would be sent soon!

Can anyone remark on Drexel's grading system for years 1 and 2? Is it H/P/F or P/F? And is there an internal ranking?

I believe it's P/F. Also, did you guys receive your financial aid packets yet? Was Drexel generous with scholarships (need and merit based)?

I believe it's P/F. Also, did you guys receive your financial aid packets yet? Was Drexel generous with scholarships (need and merit based)?
My understanding from interview day is that Drexel isn't very generous with scholarships. I personally qualified for no need or merit based aid, except I got a small work study award.

I heard from another student that they were pretty generous with some need based aid. Anyhow, congrats on the acceptance!

I did a pretty significant amount of looking, are you looking to live alone or with a roomate. If you want an affordable one bedroom, I thought Queen Lane Manor was a good choice. But if you want to share a place, I've heard that there are tons of people on the facebook page looking to share an apartment.
Thanks so much for the kind response! I don't mind finding her an apartment, but finding her a roomate is a different story, lol. I think I will stick with the one bedroom!

Drexel was generous with my daughter with her scholarship. I wish you the best!

Hey guys, I hate to still be annoying about this, but is there any word on whether Drexel's wait list is still moving?