2015-2016 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yay easy secondary

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who's still waiting for a secondary?

Reactions: 19 users
So I'm confused. I graduated in May and am taking a Gap year. Does that make my education not continuous?

This is somewhat similar to a question I asked earlier in the thread. I am graduating in December, but it will be from grad school not undergrad. I have been out of undergrad for almost three years at this point and I will not have been in school for 6-7 months prior to matriculation. I am planning to answer the question to talk about my reasons for grad school as well as the other activities I am currently doing (a lot of my ECs are post-undergrad). I don't think either of us HAVE to answer this question if we do not wish to, but it could not hurt in my opinion.

Waiting for a secondary as well. Verified mid June.

Reactions: 1 user
Drexel's secondary is so slow. I can't even save the data I have inputted!

Reactions: 1 users
this of you waiting on secondaries, don't worry. they only recently started sending them and they are having s lot of technical difficulties with the website, so I bet they are just trying to get everything working before sending out a ton more!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received secondary! Also just crashed while loading it! I'm learning to be patient ;)

this of you waiting on secondaries, don't worry. they only recently started sending them and they are having s lot of technical difficulties with the website, so I bet they are just trying to get everything working before sending out a ton more!

Seriously. Those of you who have not received secondaries yet should be grateful. The technical issues are not fun to deal with on a Monday morning. I'm going to do my secondary at 1 A.M. tonight to see if that makes a difference.

I finished filling in my secondary about 2 hours ago. Took screenshots while I went along because I had suspicions about the save button not working. Sure enough, it crashed and deleted half of my checks.

I like Drexel's seemingly freeform competency demonstration system, but their site makes the process arduous and frustrating.

Yeah... I can't submit (or save). Site keeps crashing and deleting some of my progress.

Anyone else receive the secondary without a PIN? I emailed them asking about that, but I was just wondering if anyone had a solution for this issue? Thanks!

Anyone else receive the secondary without a PIN? I emailed them asking about that, but I was just wondering if anyone had a solution for this issue? Thanks!
The PIN should be located in the line below the address they give you for the office of admissions. I kinda had trouble locating it too at first, but it's kinda "hidden" in the email

im trying to upload my picture, but it keeps on saying that the file is too large.. Does anyone know how to make a jpg file smaller on a mac?

finally just got this secondary, it was the last one I was waiting on

Command + shift + 4 let's you take screenshots on macs. Just zoom out of your picture and screenshot it (not applying here, just thought I'd help ya lol)

I submitted the supplemental application, paid the fee, uploaded the picture, and the site says they have my recs, BUT when I go to check the status of my application, it says incomplete... What do I do? Should I just wait?

I submitted the supplemental application, paid the fee, uploaded the picture, and the site says they have my recs, BUT when I go to check the status of my application, it says incomplete... What do I do? Should I just wait?
I have the same status. Maybe a reviewer needs to actually look at the documentation to mark it complete, or something is missing that they haven't loaded yet. I don't have a line item in the requirements for MCAT, so maybe they still need to get those loaded before it is complete.

lol this sounds like the UIC app all over again for those who applied there this year.

1. School sends out a small wave of secondaries to a bunch of guinea pigs to test their broken system.
2. Guinea pigs rip their hair out finding every hole in the broken system.
3. Outsiders complain they haven't received a secondary (me).
4. School fixes problem after 2 weeks.
5. Everyone else finally gets their secondary and we all live happily ever after... until 98% of us are rejected.

Reactions: 7 users
Also the website says this: "Please note that it may take a few days for your status to be updated through the "View Status / Decision" link above."

So I would give it some time.

I am a reapplicant and last year many secondaries were sent out very late. I got mine in mid-September

I am a reapplicant and last year many secondaries were sent out very late. I got mine in mid-September
that's really late to send out secondaries

Everyone.... try using Internet Explorer. The site doesn't seem compatible with Chrome.

Just got the last of my Secondaries. Finish this and I am done for the Season. :)

Complete! Hope some good news comes my way.

Last secondary received and submitted. Time to sit back and relax (read: neurotically check email) for the rest of summer. Best of luck all!

Finally received this one! STILL waiting on MCG though.

Where do we add our photo?
edit: whoops nvm

Secondary received yesterday. Completed today. That means...

cosplay-7.gif

No more secondaries! :biglove:

Hopefully I'll get a complete email...

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah... I can't submit (or save). Site keeps crashing and deleting some of my progress.
That horrifying moment when you finish checking the marathon of boxes... and when you go to save, the site crashes.

...luckily the "back" button on my browser preserved my precious course designations.

I was verified June 20th and I still haven't gotten a secondary……….:eyebrow:

Under experiences, only the three that I chose as most meaningful on AMCAS showed up, did anyone else have this problem or did all of your experiences you listed appear?

Under experiences, only the three that I chose as most meaningful on AMCAS showed up, did anyone else have this problem or did all of your experiences you listed appear?
All of my experiences showed up on the application...If it doesn't fix itself after you log out and back in, maybe try calling the admissions office?

Received and submitted today! OOS, verified 6/22. Hoping for some good news from them!

Finally got secondary today :)