2015-2016 SUNY Downstate Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else that interviewed early March and have still yet to hear?
Trying to be patient but this wait is killing me

I interviewed in mid-February and still silent. The waiting game is hitting me the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Slightly different situation from most - I originally applied for MD/PhD (interviewed 12/14) and was rejected from that program on 3/4. I have heard nothing about MD only, and the MD/PhD rejection email didn't say anything about it either. I'm not sure what to think or do at this point. Contact admissions? Wait until after 5/2? Any opinions would be appreciated.
I would just call them, the people in the office are very helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last edited:
@MCATwhipped Congrats! I am a bit jealous to be honest!!!! Were you in-state or out-of-state?

@MCATwhipped Congrats! I am a bit jealous to be honest!!!! Were you in-state or out-of-state?
Thanks!!! I'm in-state and everything works out for a reason, try not to stress too much. We could be seeing each other this fall :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks!!! I'm in-state and everything works out for a reason, try not to stress too much. We could be seeing each other this fall :)

Heyy congratss thats awesome, now enjoy yourself. If u don't mind, would u share ur stats? Just want to get an idea of if there are any trends with alternate list movement. And also, when did they email u saying ur an alternate and when/if they sent u a confirmation email of your alternate form? Thanks and congrats again Dr.

Heyy congratss thats awesome, now enjoy yourself. If u don't mind, would u share ur stats? Just want to get an idea of if there are any trends with alternate list movement. And also, when did they email u saying ur an alternate and when/if they sent u a confirmation email of your alternate form? Thanks and congrats again Dr.
Congrats! To add to these questions had you sent an update in since being placed on the alternate list?

Seems like it.... Maybe give it another hour or two? Le sigh....

Members don't see this ad :)
Silence on my end too. Interviewed 4/17 and I saw people saying they were put on alternate list who interviewed 4/16. I didn't get a single email since my interview about a decision yet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Silence on my end too. Interviewed 4/17 and I saw people saying they were put on alternate list who interviewed 4/16. I didn't get a single email since my interview about a decision yet

Really? There's already people who interviewed In April and heard back already? Not on this forum right?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Really? There's already people who interviewed In April and heard back already? Not on this forum right?

April interviewee here and nothing back including HFS or alternate placement since interview (they told us it would take 4-6 weeks about 3 weeks ago).

Wow that is epic. I didn't even know there were April interviewees. This alternate list is beginning to feel less special.

Hopefully we will hear something tomorrow. Or maybe they are holding out for the April 30th deadline for one long admissions session? If I ever become an adcom member I might leak the process on SDN. Just cuz...

Rejected today post interview. Was extremely shocked because majority of my volunteer/shadowing experiences were within downstate and I thought my interview went well. Interviewed March 16. Good luck to you all!

I feel like they meant 3/16 and 3/17 because 4/16 and 4/17 was a weekend...

Rejected today post interview. Was extremely shocked because majority of my volunteer/shadowing experiences were within downstate and I thought my interview went well. Interviewed March 16. Good luck to you all!

NOOoooooooooo!!!!! I'm sorry you didn't get in :( Sucks to have a board buddy get rejected.

Reactions: 2 users
It does suck :( ...hopefully you receive better news sometime soon!

Do you have to apply again next year? I hope you have another school you can go to. In the end most of us on the wait list will get rejected, so maybe its a good thing you get to find out earlier and plan for the next thing. The silver lining, if you squint hard enough...

Do you have to apply again next year? I hope you have another school you can go to. In the end most of us on the wait list will get rejected, so maybe its a good thing you get to find out earlier and plan for the next thing. The silver lining, if you squint hard enough...

Lol literally squinting...

I'm on the waitlist for Tufts and Drexel. So I guess I'll be patiently waiting post-traffic day.

Lol literally squinting...

I'm on the waitlist for Tufts and Drexel. So I guess I'll be patiently waiting post-traffic day.
Kieyky, I too have seen you around, and I hope it works out for the both of us this cycle!!! Good luck!

Hey did anyone else get the Alternate checklist today?

Withdrew from alternate list today. Best of luck to you all.

Quick question about the AHA BLS for Health Care Providers course. Did you guys take it online or in person?

Quick question about the AHA BLS for Health Care Providers course. Did you guys take it online or in person?

If its anything like EMT training, they'll require a skills portion which will be in-person regardless so I think its easier just to do it in-person.

Im assuming we should be expecting heavy movement this week since its traffic day tomorrow correct?

Im assuming we should be expecting heavy movement this week since its traffic day tomorrow correct?

Last years thread showed drastic movement on May 7th. So I'd expect near the same this year (maybe even the 6th?) or on May 9th if they take the full week considering the delay in traffic day.

I don't understand how they can move the alternate list when they haven't even finished getting back to the candidates who interviewed in the end of March and beginning of April...

Reactions: 2 users
I don't understand how they can move the alternate list when they haven't even finished getting back to the candidates who interviewed in the end of March and beginning of April...

right now the emails say the student body is full so at this point you'll either be put on alternate list or rejected and then hope for acceptance off of the alternate list

right now the emails say the student body is full so at this point you'll either be put on alternate list or rejected and then hope for acceptance off of the alternate list

Well that's incredibly discouraging, especially considering they told us they don't interview people for waitlist spots and they had spots left in their class on interview day...

It's all speculation, for all we know they're only "full" to the people that are put on the waitlist already.

Does Downstate accept electronic transcripts or should we have them sent by mail?