-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tulane University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I have only seen 2 IIs given out in the last 2 months now (10/19 and 11/4). Anyone know if Tulane typically gives out this few past November?
Thanks
Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recent acceptances/waitlists/rejections?
Really torn about this school. I love the city of New Orleans, I really feel like I belong there. I got such a good vibe from the current students and people I interviewed with. Unfortunately, this school is just too expensive and it'd be crazy not to go to a school that's 2/3 of the price. Do they hand out scholarships with acceptances or do those offers come when financial aid info comes in? Also, I see that there's no second look. Is there any opportunity to return and get a better feel for the school?
Does anyone know if Tulane plans on raising tuition or when they publish the tuition for next year? https://services.aamc.org/tsfreports/report.cfm?select_control=PRI&year_of_study=2011 Based on this, tuition went up $11,000K in the past 5 years. I don't want to end up paying $65K in tuition by 4th year....
Just got an interview invite this morning! But it's for this Friday, so it was super last minute. Super glad that plane tickets were not expensive. I'm assuming someone dropped out last minute and I was not first choice, but I'll take it! Very excited because my family is from here, I grew up near here, and I have a lot of work experience in NOLA.
Application was complete in the beginning of July, so don't give up hope if you haven't heard anything yet!
Application was complete in the beginning of July, so don't give up hope if you haven't heard anything yet!
Don't feel like you are not their first choice. They are interviewing you because they want you to be there! I had a similar situation--I got an II early November with a week and a half notice. Someone must have dropped out and I snagged the spot. But once I got there, none of that mattered and I got accepted three weeks later!! Tulane is an incredible school. I hope you have the best interview day! Good luck.Just got an interview invite this morning! But it's for this Friday, so it was super last minute. Super glad that plane tickets were not expensive. I'm assuming someone dropped out last minute and I was not first choice, but I'll take it! Very excited because my family is from here, I grew up near here, and I have a lot of work experience in NOLA.
Application was complete in the beginning of July, so don't give up hope if you haven't heard anything yet!
just rejected, complete late august
Just been rejected also. Complete 9/2
Bummer! Was it via email or just on the portal?Just been rejected also. Complete 9/2
Bummer! Was it via email or just on the portal?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Damn I interviewed 12/7 and still silence
Congrats! You're just raking in the acceptances.Accepted just now via email, interviewed 12/14 🙂 🙂
Thanks!Congrats! You're just raking in the acceptances.

I started the summer before school started. I felt like it was good to get a lot of classes out of the way, so I didn't have to take so much at the same time as med school classes. It's not cheap, but there are scholarships available for the MPH degree. I'm not sure how much it helps in applying for residency, I'm not going into a real public health heavy specialty. I've only had a few people ask me about it on the interview trail.Are there any current MD/MPH students who could speak to starting the MPH summer before first year vs summer after? And any thoughts on MD/MPH in general? Certainly isn't a cheap addition to the education cost but definitely one I'm interested in.
If I were more into it and saw it being a big part of my career, I would regret doing it concurrent with the MD. In the combined degree program, you're always going to put the MD classes first. I feel like I did a lot of cramming and didn't really learn the MPH stuff all that well.
If you're not sure about it now, in specialties that encourage a research year or two, you might be able to get the MPH during the research year. I've heard that offered a lot of places I've interviewed at.
Thanks for the input! Did you start in June or July?I started the summer before school started. I felt like it was good to get a lot of classes out of the way, so I didn't have to take so much at the same time as med school classes. It's not cheap, but there are scholarships available for the MPH degree. I'm not sure how much it helps in applying for residency, I'm not going into a real public health heavy specialty. I've only had a few people ask me about it on the interview trail.
If I were more into it and saw it being a big part of my career, I would regret doing it concurrent with the MD. In the combined degree program, you're always going to put the MD classes first. I feel like I did a lot of cramming and didn't really learn the MPH stuff all that well.
If you're not sure about it now, in specialties that encourage a research year or two, you might be able to get the MPH during the research year. I've heard that offered a lot of places I've interviewed at.
June. Look at what track you want to do. If there's a lot of courses that require prereqs, you may want to start in June.
Does anyone have an inside scoop on the acceptance range? The letter stated that most interviewees were put into this category, but there sure seems to be a very large number of outright acceptances on SDN. This could certainly be a sample bias I suppose. My question: is it worth it for people on the waitlist to hold their breath for this particular school, or are chances low if you were not accepted outright.
Last edited:
Withdrew pre-II over the weekend. Wouldn't have accepted the II anyways. Good Luck.
Acceptable range today
Interview 12/7
Interview 12/7
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
E
edward90
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone received the gibson log in stuff?
The financial aid website said to email if we didn't get it, but I don't know if maybe it just gets sent out later in the year
I received an email when I was accepted with a username and password. I tried using it and it doesn't work. The email said that my financial aid would be available in March so maybe we will not be able to access Gibson until March too? If you end up calling let me know what they say
Does anyone have an inside scoop on the acceptance range? The letter stated that most interviewees were put into this category, but there sure seems to be a very large number of outright acceptances on SDN. This could certainly be a sample bias I suppose. My question: is it worth it for people on the waitlist to hold their breath for this particular school, or are chances low if you were not accepted outright.
Last edited:
Roll call: anyone else (pre-II) still hanging on for dear life at Tulane?
Roll call: anyone else (pre-II) still hanging on for dear life at Tulane?
+1
Tulane alum still waiting to hear back
Hey, is there a facebook group for accepted applicants yet? 🙂
Hey, is there a facebook group for accepted applicants yet? 🙂
Yes. Search "Tulane School of Medicine Class of 2020"
Rejected yesterday morning, pre-II, complete mid-October. Good luck to those still in it!
I can log on to Gibson and gave my SSN, but I can't really do anything else on the portal. The financial aid links all say "This function is not available to current user role" or something like that. It'll probably update some time later.I received an email when I was accepted with a username and password. I tried using it and it doesn't work. The email said that my financial aid would be available in March so maybe we will not be able to access Gibson until March too? If you end up calling let me know what they say
Oh that's weird. I still can't even log on. I guess I just have to wait a little longer lolI can log on to Gibson and gave my SSN, but I can't really do anything else on the portal. The financial aid links all say "This function is not available to current user role" or something like that. It'll probably update some time later.
Forgot I even applied here but just received a pre-II rejection. Anyway, Good luck to you all.
wow that's a lot of tulane undergrads accepted to TUSOM, but I suppose a bit of self favoratism is to be expected.
I noticed that too! And does this class seem really young or is it just me? I remember meeting a fair amount of mature and really interesting 1st and 2nd years on my interview day. I'm a little worried that the class might lack that diversity this year 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here...nothing happens when I enter my login info. No prompt to add my SSN. I'll email and see what's up.Oh that's weird. I still can't even log on. I guess I just have to wait a little longer lol
EDIT: Financial aid/admissions had to do some troubleshooting on their end to get me access to Gibson. If you aren't able to log in, I suggest contacting them to sort it out.
Last edited:
Hm nothing comes up.. maybe it's a private group?Yes. Search "Tulane School of Medicine Class of 2020"
There is a link on page 33 if you can't find it on facebookHm nothing comes up.. maybe it's a private group?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K