You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Tulane University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They have been giving out scholarships for a while. I know someone who got a scholarship in NovemberAnyone know when they do scholarship stuff for those accepted?! i submitted fafsa already but haven't done my taxes yet this year
.They have been giving out scholarships for a while. I know someone who got a scholarship in November
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, I know someone who received scholarship funding and was URM. Does this mean something?
anyone in acceptance range get accepted already?
interviewed 1/15, accepted today, good luck to everyone!
interviewed 1/15, accepted today, good luck to everyone!
Oh god I interviewed then too. Now I'm gonna be obsessively checking my email all day.
Congrats JDH!! And yah I did too hahah...I'll be doing the same 🙁Oh god I interviewed then too. Now I'm gonna be obsessively checking my email all day.
Congrats JDH!! And yah I did too hahah...I'll be doing the same 🙁
We'll probably have to wait til next week now, since it's so late in the afternoon. They're probably done sending them for the day.
True, but it seems normal for Tulane. If you scroll back through the thread, youll see that ppl who interviewed on the same day got acceptances like 2 weeks apartWe'll probably have to wait til next week now, since it's so late in the afternoon. They're probably done sending them for the day.
Does anyone know how many total Tulane accepts including waitlists?
Does anyone know how many total Tulane accepts including waitlists?
Last edited:
It's been officially six months since I submitted my app here. At one point I was hopeful about the silence but now it's clear that my application was never read. 🙁
Interviewed 1/15. Accepted this morning!!!!! Dreams do come true 

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you bartend in NO le bartender?
Nope. Just a play on my last name.
Yah I get acceptance range too. Stinks. The letter said that the "great majority" are put in acceptance range. Do you think this is actually true, or just their way of tryna soften the blow hahaAcceptance range just now. Definitely kinda bummed. On a side note, I wonder if they realize it has a typo in it...
I have no idea. I thought I'd heard somewhere that you had a better than 50% chance of being accepted after interviewing but who knows. Plus if they were interviewing close to 600 people than even if they accepted 250 then technically the majority are in the acceptance range I guess.
the 50% figure includes waitlist movement.I have no idea. I thought I'd heard somewhere that you had a better than 50% chance of being accepted after interviewing but who knows. Plus if they were interviewing close to 600 people than even if they accepted 250 then technically the majority are in the acceptance range I guess.
Hope everyone in NOLA had a safe and fun Mardi Gras!
the 50% figure includes waitlist movement.
Last edited:
Does anyone know if wait list movement ever happens before May?
from tulane "However, most movement from this category will not occur until after we have completed interviews in February with the peak activity occuring during the month of May."
I want to make a new support thread for those who fell in love with Tulane/New Orleans but were placed on the acceptance range list.
Last edited:
I want to make a new support thread for those who fell in love with Tulane/New Orleans but were placed on the acceptance range list.
I'm with you there!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know when Tulane's last interview date is? Still silent here but hopeful I can eke out a last-minute interview.
Any early February interviewees hear back???
No one say yes.
Accepted just now! Interviewed end of January!
Congratulations! Did you hear via email?
Yes, by email! My portal is also updated with an additional tab "admissions offer"Congratulations! Did you hear via email?
Has the 2016-2017 financial aid addendum been posted? The financial aid site says it would be available in Jan 2016.
The only clickable link on the financial aid site is still the form from last year 🙁
Has anyone been told whether they are in the higher acceptance range or the lower acceptance range?
I was under the impression they didn't tell us this.
Has anyone been told whether they are in the higher acceptance range or the lower acceptance range?
I believe the acceptance range is unranked, per the email.
The message on the financial aid page stating that the outside contractor is late with their forms has disappeared and the form is now a clickable link, but still doesn't work. Gave them a call and they said maybe by next week. I'm glad these aren't really important, or whatever.
I believe the acceptance range is unranked, per the email.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Both my host and student interviewer said that the only negative of Tulane is that they, like the rest of NOLA, have a "it'll get done when it gets done" attitude and they'll do stuff like randomly change the location of an event an hour before it starts, hahaha.The message on the financial aid page stating that the outside contractor is late with their forms has disappeared and the form is now a clickable link, but still doesn't work. Gave them a call and they said maybe by next week. I'm glad these aren't really important, or whatever.
I guess this is to prepare us
Both my host and student interviewer said that the only negative of Tulane is that they, like the rest of NOLA, have a "it'll get done when it gets done" attitude and they'll do stuff like randomly change the location of an event an hour before it starts, hahaha.
I guess this is to prepare us
True story. This is a blessing and a curse. It gets frustrating when you want/need things done by a certain time. But it also gives you a good deal of flexibility with deadlines, elective rotations, etc.
As in, rarely is something really due by the original deadline. It's more like a guideline.
Both my host and student interviewer said that the only negative of Tulane is that they, like the rest of NOLA, have a "it'll get done when it gets done" attitude and they'll do stuff like randomly change the location of an event an hour before it starts, hahaha.
I guess this is to prepare us
Forms are up now!
Anyone else still being redirected to the home screen after trying to sign on to Gibson? Any advice on how to fix it? 🙂
Anyone else still being redirected to the home screen after trying to sign on to Gibson? Any advice on how to fix it? 🙂
I don't think Gibson is going to be active for us until sometime in March, if I remember from an earlier email.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K