2015-2016 Tulane University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey gang, just withdrew my application for the fall; I was on the waitlist at Tulane and was just admitted elsewhere. Good luck to all the waitlist warriors out there!
Congrats on the acceptance!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Can someone remind me where we send our transcripts? All these forms and requirements are so al over the place I'm getting all mixed up

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know if Tulane rejects people following their interviews? I've been looking through past year's forums and I haven't seen anyone not being accepted or in the acceptance range after an interview. Do any of you know if that happens?

Reactions: 1 user
Does anybody know if Tulane rejects people following their interviews? I've been looking through past year's forums and I haven't seen anyone not being accepted or in the acceptance range after an interview. Do any of you know if that happens?
I'd hazard to guess that it's not the 'norm' to reject people outright. At least at the schools I interviewed at, I don't think very many people said they were rejected after the interview - most were waitlisted. The Adcom doesn't have much to gain by rejecting after the interview, since a 'waitlist' decision can serve the same purpose anyway.
I think a straight rejection it is still an option for them if there is a major red flag that comes up in the interview (lack of professionalism or something) and the adcom decides that they for sure do not want that person to be in their class.

I'd hazard to guess that it's not the 'norm' to reject people outright. At least at the schools I interviewed at, I don't think very many people said they were rejected after the interview - most were waitlisted. The Adcom doesn't have much to gain by rejecting after the interview, since a 'waitlist' decision can serve the same purpose anyway.
I think a straight rejection it is still an option for them if there is a major red flag that comes up in the interview (lack of professionalism or something) and the adcom decides that they for sure do not want that person to be in their class.
Great avatar.

Just a general poll: how many people here are still waitlisted?

Wait listed since December, but I got into the ACP program so I'm not too sad about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone who was accepted off the waitlist gotten their financial aid stuff yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got off the waitlist! Found out at work, just waiting to get the hell out of here so I can celebrate!

Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone heard about scholarships recently? Heard in previous years that people got some over the summer.

"Scholarship awards vary in amount with the average award being approximately $5,000 per academic year." Took this directly from the Tulane SOM website. But looking at my financial aid package, this definitely doesnt seem to be accurate because I got full loans.

"Scholarship awards vary in amount with the average award being approximately $5,000 per academic year." Took this directly from the Tulane SOM website. But looking at my financial aid package, this definitely doesnt seem to be accurate because I got full loans.
It is saying that for a person who gets an award, the average award is $5K.

I think people said be mid or late June. But I also am pretty sure they give scholarships throughout the year as well.

Last edited:
I believe they have already given out a majority, if not all, of the $20k merit scholarships...

Haha that is two different answers. Where are each of you guys basing this off?

Fair enough, but what about the various 20k scholarships? Have those already been given out?
No idea. The alternate interpretation is that they are saying scholarship amount/class size= $5K.

And the two above may both be right. All the scholarships have almost definitely been handed out, but they may get redistributed as people withdraw

Has anyone heard anything? Does the committee reconvene at any point? Now that we're this late in the year, is calling to ask for a status update unreasonable?

No idea. The alternate interpretation is that they are saying scholarship amount/class size= $5K.

And the two above may both be right. All the scholarships have almost definitely been handed out, but they may get redistributed as people withdraw
This makes sense to me. I think a lot of the scholarships were handed out with acceptances, and may get redistributed until the final class is established. Also merit scholarships require certain GPAs, I was told, so those may get redistributed throughout the year too, potentially. Hopefully that money doesn't just disappear and our class never sees it again :/

This makes sense to me. I think a lot of the scholarships were handed out with acceptances, and may get redistributed until the final class is established. Also merit scholarships require certain GPAs, I was told, so those may get redistributed throughout the year too, potentially. Hopefully that money doesn't just disappear and our class never sees it again :/

Seriously lol. I'm with you

I hope someone decides that its Tu-expensive or Tu-hot in New Orleans. Get it? Tu-Lane? Sorry it's lame but that's what I've got for you

Last edited:
I guess the whole scholarships being handed out during the summer isnt really a thing? Havent heard about anyone hearing about them over the summer.

I hope someone decides that its Tu-expensive
I guess the whole scholarships being handed out during the summer isnt really a thing? Havent heard about anyone hearing about them over the summer.

Now, I obviously can't tell you what to do here. But, selfishly, I kind of hope at least one of you takes another offer at a more affordable school. Wait lists are still moving, and I know I wouldn't be upset if some movement happened here. I likely wouldn't get picked, but I might.

ACCEPTED!!! :biglove::biglove::biglove:

I can't believe this actually happening!!! This acceptance means so much not only because now I can say I AM GOING TO BE A DOCTOR, but also because it is TULANE!!! This school was one of my top choices going into this cycle and my interview day only reinforced that feeing. I had the absolute BEST experience when I was there. The school, the city, the students and everything about it are absolutely wonderful. I cannot wait to fill out my MPH application soon! WOW! I am beyond excited!!!!

SO much luck to all of those still in the running!!!! Please feel free to ask me any questions about my interview experience. I am happy to help in any way I can.

Interviewed 11/16. LM 70.

How is the patient interview?
That would be a violation of the non-disclosure agreement you all sign. Just be a normal human being and you will be fine. No medical knowledge required.

Last edited:
This is last year's thread for Tulane. They're going to take away your medical school invitation because you can't read...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users