You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Oklahoma Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good luck to all applying! MS4 here - let me know if you have any questions!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted567285
Boomer Sooner!
Has any early applicant gotten a secondary back from OU??
D
deleted567285
Not yet, last year they were sent out middle to late July.
Am I missing where the essays are in the portal for secondaries...?
I'm at work so I haven't had a lot of time to look yet, but it didn't look like there were any additional essays to fill out?
I'm at work so I haven't had a lot of time to look yet, but it didn't look like there were any additional essays to fill out?
Didn't see any essay to fill out.Am I missing where the essays are in the portal for secondaries...?
I'm at work so I haven't had a lot of time to look yet, but it didn't look like there were any additional essays to fill out?
You will only see/write essays if you're applying to SCM.
Thanks to you both. Best of luck.
updates?
This thread has been so quiet. Any II's or the sort lately?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well the email says they'll start evaluating completed applications in September....and it's September, so....
MS1 here... If you have any questions that I might be able to answer, please feel free to ask! I know how stressful this time can be, but it is so worth it in the end! Good luck!!!
I heard some students used a committee letter and a MD letter of rec and that was fine. Did you have a faculty letter?
Last edited:
Does anyone know when they started sending out II's last year? Surprised we haven't heard anything yet!
How long does it take for them to review your secondary application?
What was the SCM essay prompt?
First reported II on SDN last year was 9/24/14Does anyone know when they started sending out II's last year? Surprised we haven't heard anything yet!
Rise you may want to check out prior years' threads for OUCOM to see what other OOS'ers' stats were.
Nah, but I'd give it at least a week or so before you start getting too nervous. I'm sure others will be posting here as soon as an interview invite is extended.Has anyone heard about interviews yet?
Is today supposed to be the day?Here's to them sending out some IIs tomorrow!
I think he is just hoping! Last year they sent them out 9/24
For sure. 10/1 seems like a nice date to start...I think he is just hoping! Last year they sent them out 9/24
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most of the schools I applied to have been later than normal, which I assumed was due to the fact that they are having to compare new and old MCAT scores!
What do you mean by secondaries going out starting 9/24? Do you mean interviews instead?
What do you mean by secondaries going out starting 9/24? Do you mean interviews instead?
II isn't a Roman numeral, it stands for Interview Invite. Secondaries from OU are automatic, as far as I know.
Thank you for clarifying. I've seen people on these forums use them as a roman numeral before.
Hello all. Getting really excited to meet you all and to hear about interviews soon.
I just joined the forum and spent last hour reading thru last years class forum for OU.
I'm a non-traditional applicant: was a captain in the Army with BA and MS in fuzzy stuff like Russian Language before retiring and going back to school for medical school.
29 MCAT, 3.72 BCPM gpa*, 3.22 cumulative gpa.
*bummed though in the last 2.5 years doing pre-med classes have completed all pre-reqs and related classes with 92hrs of all 4.00, but man that 1 freaking F from Astronomy of all classes 20 years ago really knocks down that science gpa 🙁
I'm in-state Okie and moved back here after army and only applying to OU and OSU.
AAMCAS all verifed since June, Secondary since August, but was waiting on committee letter until 30 Sep so just officially completed 01 Oct. Anyone here hear about interviews yet? So ready to know so can plan for family better.
Again welcome to all and nice to meet you and good luck.
I just joined the forum and spent last hour reading thru last years class forum for OU.
I'm a non-traditional applicant: was a captain in the Army with BA and MS in fuzzy stuff like Russian Language before retiring and going back to school for medical school.
29 MCAT, 3.72 BCPM gpa*, 3.22 cumulative gpa.
*bummed though in the last 2.5 years doing pre-med classes have completed all pre-reqs and related classes with 92hrs of all 4.00, but man that 1 freaking F from Astronomy of all classes 20 years ago really knocks down that science gpa 🙁
I'm in-state Okie and moved back here after army and only applying to OU and OSU.
AAMCAS all verifed since June, Secondary since August, but was waiting on committee letter until 30 Sep so just officially completed 01 Oct. Anyone here hear about interviews yet? So ready to know so can plan for family better.
Again welcome to all and nice to meet you and good luck.
Last edited:
No news just yet from anyone. From what I heard, first round of IIs will be scheduled for the end of October and then will be all the way up until the end of January. Hopefully we will hear something by the end of this week 
Rise you may want to check out prior years' threads for OUCOM to see what other OOS'ers' stats were.
Thanks cpsprivate. I checked last years' - looks like my low undergrad gpa will really hurt me. I've got a decent mcat and grad gpa but it doesn't look like that will be enough.
I'm thinking of sending an 'in the area' email since I'll be doing thanksgiving with the fam in OKC. If I don't have much of a shot because of a low ugpa, I figure it can't hurt, right? You all know the school better than I do though, so thoughts? Is OU receptive to these? Thanks in advance guys!
edit to add: I know they haven't started sending II's yet, I'm just thinking ahead.
No news yet
Awesome congrats. Cross fingers for the rest of us.II this morning! I'm in-state, complete around 8/10. LizzyM = 74.
Just got done with a presentation by OU recruiter here at my university. Confirms invites started this weekend.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an II today.
Captain just out of curiosity what did you branch/what MOS were you?
Captain just out of curiosity what did you branch/what MOS were you?
Drove past the OUHSC and Ratcliffe's bookstore today. I would be lying if I said I wasn't daydreaming about the possibilities of an acceptance.
First congrats.Got an II today.
Captain just out of curiosity what did you branch/what MOS were you?
Second I was FA mostly but did all sorts of different jobs. I was prior enlisted too in AF before going to Army OCS so worked on AWACS there before. Were you prior military too?
Last edited:
Congrats on the invite! Good luckDoes anyone know if there any dates for interviews offered between Oct 30 and Nov 8? I just scheduled my interview for later in November but I'm very interested in getting an interview between those dates.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
