2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II! Super excited, felt I was a good fit for the school.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
What time did most interviews end for all of you? Trying to book a return flight that leaves at 4:50 but am concerned I might be cutting it close! Thank you!
I was in the exact same situation (same flight out). they said i will be able to make it easily. my interview is this week tho so we'll see

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!
I am a medical student here at Dartmouth and I want to congratulate everyone who got accepted already. I would also like to wish everyone else best of luck with the rest of the process.

For those who got accepted, we set up a facebook page for the Class of 2021 called "2021 Dartmouth Geisel School of Medicine Admitted Students Group". It is a great place to connect with other admitted students and ask current medical students any questions about the school. Please feel free to join it!

II JUST NOW #crying #crying # crying #emotions:banana: complete mid September, Lizzy M 69, sent a letter of interest about 2 weeks ago, god is real

Reactions: 13 users
I am so sorry if this has been asked before but is Dartmouth receptive to pre ii updates like grades and new positions?

II invite yesterday! Complete mid August.

My ohhh my. Flights from Cali to Lebanon Airport are EXPENSIVE! :/

II invite yesterday! Complete mid August.

My ohhh my. Flights from Cali to Lebanon Airport are EXPENSIVE! :/
You could fly into Manchester and take a shuttle. Or fly into Boston Logan and rent a car. (Alas, it was still too expensive for me to make the trek out there.)

Same. RIP wallet. Hello Cheerios for breakfast, lunch, dinner...Does anyone know if Jan 24 is their last interview date?

Members don't see this ad :)
II about 40 mins ago! Offered dates are 1/12, 1/19, and 1/24.

Complete 8/2. LizzyM 72-73.

Reactions: 5 users
Fly to Boston and take the Dartmouth coach from the airport, tis definitely the cheapest option

Just sharing my experience. My significant other travels with me to every interview so she can see the area as well. With her, it was cheapest for us to fly into Boston Logan and get a rental car, than it was to purchase 4 tickets (there and back) on the Dartmouth coach.

II just now. Complete in late August/early September

Given 1/12 1/19 1/24. Not sure if I will go yet, as all three are extremely inconvenient dates.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
II! Super excited to visit and go skiing with my friends who attend the college!

Withdrawing my II. Hope one of you get it! Good luck guys!

Reactions: 11 users
+1

Also withdrew here today. Hopefully someone here gets my spot! This is an awesome school, and best of luck to everyone!

II just now. Complete in late August/early September

Given 1/12 1/19 1/24. Not sure if I will go yet, as all three are extremely inconvenient dates.

Dartmouth, being turned down is rough. I can be there for you these dates... Just saying... Think about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Do you guys know until when they interview? seems like jan 24th is the last date being offered?

They said on my interview date (early Jan) that it could be till April till we hear back, but I've read on here must expect 4-6 weeks post interview. What's the truth? Do most hear in a month and they just told us April so we won't bug them if we're the unlucky undesirables?

Reactions: 1 user
They said on my interview date (early Jan) that it could be till April till we hear back, but I've read on here must expect 4-6 weeks post interview. What's the truth? Do most hear in a month and they just told us April so we won't bug them if we're the unlucky undesirables?

I interviewed on 11/15, so it's around 8 weeks now. I'm sure it varies.

After the interview, every applicant is ranked on a list and Dartmouth accepts and rejects people from the top and bottom of the list throughout the cycle, so everyone in the middle may not get a decision until April, when a waitlist is generated.

ACCEPTED OH MY GOD :love::biglove: crying real tears rn because I loved this place so much & I can finally ball out at LL Bean lol

Reactions: 10 users
Rejected yesterday pre-II. Good luck to all still in the running. Stats below.

Last edited:
Another 11/15 interviewer here... Accepted today, my first one! Feels good man.

Reactions: 10 users
Another 11/15 interviewer here... Accepted today, my first one! Feels good man.

my first acceptance today too!! congrats! AHHHHH i'm ecstatic

Reactions: 7 users
This week was my 5 week mark and seeing these acceptance (congrats!), I'm realizing it'll be at least another couple of weeks of anxiety T__T

This week was my 5 week mark and seeing these acceptance (congrats!), I'm realizing it'll be at least another couple of weeks of anxiety T__T
I think they send out acceptances every 2 weeks.

Accepted!!!! Cried when I got the email lol
LM 72, interviewed 12/1

Reactions: 13 users
Anyone know when the wait list starts coming out or when those who are tabled/deferred get looked at again? Are they going to go through all the people who interview in Dec-End before they re-examine who's left? Interviewed in October and haven't heard a word yet. For that matter, has anyone been rejected post interview?

Last edited:
Anyone know when the wait list starts coming out or when those who are tabled/deferred get looked at again? Are they going to go through all the people who interview in Dec-End before they re-examine who's left? Interviewed in October and haven't heard a word yet. For that matter, has anyone been rejected post interview?

same boat, same Q

I'm new to this forum, what do you mean stats below? Yours? and do you mean on your profile or on the Dartmouth forum?
If you look at my signature directly below this post, you will see my LizzyM and date of completion for my applications. For schools that review applications in order they are received, it helps people know where they are in the review process if I post I received an interview invitation, or I was rejected.

For those schools, if I post I was rejected and complete in early October, someone who has not been rejected yet, and who was complete earlier, knows there is the possibility remaining that one will receive an interview invitation, or is at least under serious consideration for an interview. Of course, this is not true for all schools. It is helpful to check the thread for that year, and previous years.

Reactions: 1 users