2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Woke up to a rejection this morning. Was REALLY hoping for this one. Definitely a stinger :( complete late august
Sorry to hear.
Was this preII or post II?

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed in September and silence since :(

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they do mass rejections? I was complete Late August/Early September and did not get the rejection others complete around the similar time frame received today

Do they do mass rejections? I was complete Late August/Early September and did not get the rejection others complete around the similar time frame received today

I have no clue...I've been complete since mid-July and silence :(

Reactions: 1 user
M3 here - just finished up clinical rotations til the new year. Let me know if you have any questions about the clinical years at dartmouth or just questions in general (I'm not so much in touch with any updates about 1st year curriculum as I was before - sorry!).

Reactions: 3 users
Do they ever update the status page? Or do they send pre-II email rejections?

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now. Complete late august/early September. LizzyM ~78. Non-trad.

Dates available in early Jan.

Reactions: 10 users
II now. complete in summer. LM >80. sent an update in october and a letter of interest a few weeks ago

Reactions: 2 users
Hi everyone,

Since Geisel doesn't have portal, is it appropriate/has anyone called the admissions office to inquire about their application status? I haven't heard from this school since I received the file complete email in early August. Thanks!

Does anyone know if Geisel will be sending out acceptances tomorrow? I believe they have been doing so every other Wednesday

Does anyone know if Geisel will be sending out acceptances tomorrow? I believe they have been doing so every other Wednesday
I really hope so!!!! Got rejected from my only other interview today, so I would love an acceptance here to help out with how bad I feel about myself :)

Fairly certain I'm going to withdraw my interview spot. After looking into it more, the logistics for me to get here from halfway across the country are, unfortunately, time/cost-prohibitive.

Here's hoping one of you gets an II because of it!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone,

Since Geisel doesn't have portal, is it appropriate/has anyone called the admissions office to inquire about their application status? I haven't heard from this school since I received the file complete email in early August. Thanks!

I called today and they said they are still reviewing applications from August and that we should hear back soon! Same boat as you.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted! Interviewed middle to end of October.

Reactions: 8 users
Interviewed here on their first day of interviews (back in August)...... but no word back since. Can I assume I've been rejected post-II? :3

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed here on their first day of interviews (back in August)...... but no word back since. Can I assume I've been rejected post-II? :3
+1 Interviewed in the end of september. The school was amazing and I can see myself doing really well there. Reallyyyy hoping for an acceptance, but haven't heard anything. I was digging through last years thread and didn't really see any early interviewees getting acceptances in the spring.

You're not rejected until you're rejected

Post II rejections are pretty rare before like March/April because they keep so many people on their ranked list and could be pulled into the acceptance pool pretty easily, depending on who rescinds an acceptance. Unfortunately, you aren't told that you are on this list until I think march/april, when they ask if you want to be on the waitlist.

If you haven't heard back yet after an interview - do NOT stress. There are waves of acceptances that come out from here until basically like May. Also, a substantial amount of people accepted at any given med school come from the waitlist (minus places like Harvard, UNC, and UW which have high yield rates (~80%) per US News report like 2 years ago when I last checked).

It's pretty much true for most schools that after an interview, you can go months without any sort of communication at all but try not to obsess over it too much (much easier said than done). I suffered not hearing anything post interview for over 6 months from a west coast school and I remember how much that blew. For now, just sit back and try to enjoy the holidays cause I doubt the admissions committee is doing much between now and New Years.

Interviewed here on 11/15, silence since then. Think it's worth it to send in end-of-semester updates and recent accomplishments?

Interviewed here on 11/15, silence since then. Think it's worth it to send in end-of-semester updates and recent accomplishments?

I interviewed 10/28 and still haven't heard. No advice on whether you should send updates, but it's typical for Geisel to not hear back for a while based on how their admissions process works.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any effect now because the committee meets and scores your app soon after your interview and updates/interest letters don't change your rank. If you end up wait listed though then such updates could help.

Rejected just now, pretty bummed since I dodged some of the other rejection sprees and NH is home for me. Ah well, on to the next!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any effect now because the committee meets and scores your app soon after your interview and updates/interest letters don't change your rank. If you end up wait listed though then such updates could help.
Thanks Yorick, much appreciated mate.

What time did most interviews end for all of you? Trying to book a return flight that leaves at 4:50 but am concerned I might be cutting it close! Thank you!

What time did most interviews end for all of you? Trying to book a return flight that leaves at 4:50 but am concerned I might be cutting it close! Thank you!

so you should expect to be finished with your interview by 3:30 PM. there is an optional student-led tour afterwards that ends a little after 4 PM

II just now! Should I reserve the earliest interview date available, given its rolling status?

II just now! Should I reserve the earliest interview date available, given its rolling status?
I would say yes if you feel ready and can figure out all the logistics! What dates were offered btw?