2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Last year, the last II reported for Dartmouth was on March 8th. So if they are being consistent, there should be at least another month of IIs

Long time lurker, first time posting. Received II today so hope remains!

For some reason the first thing that came to mind was Biggie:
"It was all a dream, I used to read word up magazine."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 12 users

Congratulations!!! Which dates were available? Were you complete some time in the summer?

IIRC they admissions meet and decide on spot to accept you or put you on limbo, so if you haven't heard yet then you're most likely on hold or something

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)

Congrats ! Complete date?

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this has been asked/mentioned before, but has anyone gotten a post-interview rejection? All I see is people who are getting in and everyone else who hasn't heard a word (myself included, interviewed in October).

Not sure if this has been asked/mentioned before, but has anyone gotten a post-interview rejection? All I see is people who are getting in and everyone else who hasn't heard a word (myself included, interviewed in October).

+1

Well, time to I unwatch this thread. Just got a rejection email this morning :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/15 and have had silence since then. Should I anticipate waitlist or rejection?

Interviewed 11/15 and have had silence since then. Should I anticipate waitlist or rejection?

I don't think this is necessarily true. It's only been 10ish weeks right? 2 major holidays considered. I heard back around the 8-9 week mark.

FYI - I interviewed a little bit more than 3 months ago and still have yet to hear back.

FYI - I interviewed a little bit more than 3 months ago and still have yet to hear back.
Same boat, interviewed late Sept and haven't heard a squidge

that's probably not a word

on a related note, i got an II in Sept for a dif school that I could only schedule for Feb

long story short this whole cycles been wack

Reactions: 5 users
Received interview invite (II) today! Dates offered: Feb 7, 16, 21..

Reactions: 9 users
Same boat, interviewed late Sept and haven't heard a squidge

that's probably not a word

on a related note, i got an II in Sept for a dif school that I could only schedule for Feb

long story short this whole cycles been wack

Interviewed mid-september and also haven't heard anything :/

Even pre-interview?

Nah post interview. That is what they told us in our interview during introduction. I want to point out that it seems like this school likes to hold a bunch of people in a pre waitlist sort of manner and eventually choose the best candidates progressively, which would explain why everyone is waiting so long.. but idk tho

Why haven't I been rejected yet? Any possible chance of an II remaining?

Later on in the year, they start sending out II's that are scheduled like 1-2 weeks before the actual interview date. AKA you could get an II in early march for a mid-march interview.

Reactions: 1 users
Whose still "alive" with a complete date in August or earlier?

Reactions: 6 users
Me too. I've heard that if your first reviewer doesn't think you should get an interview, you get sent to a second one. Seems a little long to be waiting on that hypothetical second reviewer though!

Liked my interview here when I went in early September, but I've been accepted to my state school. How many of you think that Geisel's $60,000/year price tag is worth it? Not that I've heard from my interview yet. LOL. Even if I get accepted I can't see myself moving to rural NH to spend that kind of $$
then withdraw your application now and give your spot to someone else who'd go to NH in a heartbeat

Reactions: 2 users
then withdraw your application now and give your spot to someone else who'd go to NH in a heartbeat
Wth? Why would you say something so salty? Lol.

OP, it's perfectly natural that you'd come here to hash out whether Dartmouth is a good choice for you. If I were you, my next step would be to see if I got in and then maybe go to second look to help me make my decision. It doesn't seem you have many positives associated to Dartmouth currently though

Reactions: 1 users
Even if I get accepted I can't see myself moving to rural NH to spend that kind of $$

My reply to your initial post was predicated upon the above statement from your original post. I have personally turned down interviews to schools where I could never see myself attending. Just my $0.02, though, I'm not here to tell you what to do.

My reply to your initial post was predicated upon the above statement from your original post. I have personally turned down interviews to schools where I could never see myself attending. Just my $0.02, though, I'm not here to tell you what to do.
You did tell him what to do. "then withdraw your application now." And it was pretty rude. Relax, man. this process is difficult enough without all the pettiness.

Haha easy killer. Like I said, I liked my interview here and really had admiration for the faculty and staff (not to mention students) when I left. I prob will go to second look if accepted. I'm really thinking out loud when I ask if it's worth the 60,000. I wanted to get the opinions of others in my situation. I've turned down interviews as well, but making a school choice is another thing.
Few people pay the sticker price at any school, especially private. Wait til your hear from finaid to factor in cost.

Finally rejected from my dream school, complete 8/9...good luck to everyone still waiting!

Axed as well. Complete in August. Oh Dartmouth, I just wanted to be friends

Declined an II from Geisel due to financial reasons. Hope it goes to one of you guys!

Reactions: 3 users