2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wahoo accepted!!! For the folks still waiting to hear back, I interviewed in early December!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Wahoo accepted!!! For the folks still waiting to hear back, I interviewed in early December!
Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what time around you got the email? Also, did your app portal update with any new info?

Congrats!! Do you mind me asking what time around you got the email? Also, did your app portal update with any new info?
Thank you!! I received the e-mail less than 3 hours ago. If you're referring to the portal where we fill out the secondary, it hasn't changed since I submitted my secondary months ago. I'm not aware of any other portal!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!! I received the e-mail less than 3 hours ago. If you're referring to the portal where we fill out the secondary, it hasn't changed since I submitted my secondary months ago. I'm not aware of any other portal!
Yeah that's the one I meant! Good to know I can stop checking it haha. Thanks!

rejected, secondary complete august-ish. no II.
somewhat surprised, my clinical experience is excessive.
always thought dartmouth favored the clinically rich applicants.

Still hoping for some love post-interview, way back in November :whistle:

still alive complete 9/3... no update and Canadian applicant. when does their interview season end??

Last edited:
*waiting for the axe* tomorrow is a perfect day for it (cue a falling tree)

Members don't see this ad :)
So is it safe to assume at this point no news pre-II is good news?

So is it safe to assume at this point no news pre-II is good news?

i would not think this is safe to assume at all, it doesn't seem like they do "batch" rejections/acceptances, but they are going out individually "click by click" of the mouse.

Just got the pre-interview rejection. Complete in August and kept sneaking through all of the cuts. I sent an update last week, so either it really doesn't help or maybe it reminded them that they forgot to reject me earlier. Good luck to everyone still in the running.

Just got the pre-interview rejection. Complete in August and kept sneaking through all of the cuts. I sent an update last week, so either it really doesn't help or maybe it reminded them that they forgot to reject me earlier. Good luck to everyone still in the running.

still waiting for my rejection.. its only a matter of time.

For second look are people bringing parents or significant others?( or know if we can?) Contemplating as I want advice on schools I visit.

anyone know if tomorrow is a big decision day for those that haven't heard back post-interview

Rejected this morning, pre-II. In state. Complete mid-Sept

Rejected this morning, pre-II. In state. Complete mid-Sept
I'm sorry to hear that :( if you don't mind, what's the first letter of your last name? Wondering if they are going alphabetical by now or what...

Rejected this AM, complete early August. Was hoping for good news after making it for so long without the ax, but alas. Best of luck to all of you still waiting to hear!

Reactions: 1 users
Received an II today. Completed secondary 9/12.

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed in early December - probably safe to assume I'm waitlisted (or rejected) at this point right?

Received a II last Thursday, complete mid September - there's still hope everybody!! Would somebody be kind enough to post the applied/interviewed/accepted stats from US news? I'm curious and I really don't want to pay $30 to renew my subscription.

Reactions: 3 users
Received a II last Thursday, complete mid September - there's still hope everybody!! Would somebody be kind enough to post the applied/interviewed/accepted stats from US news? I'm curious and I really don't want to pay $30 to renew my subscription.
759, 276, 92. 36% (interviewed, accepted, enrolled, acceptance rate after II Data)

Rejected pre-II this morning, was holding out hope...bummer.

Congratulations!! What're your stats? Still holding out hope to get an II here:rolleyes:

MCAT: 510 (84th percentile)
Cumulate GPA Overall: 3.77
Science GPA: 3.65

I feel like I have a unique personal statement and life story that they might have liked.

Reactions: 2 users
Does any one know whether having a car is required for students at Geisel? Thanks!

Not "required". They have a pretty robust shuttle system that ferries med students from Hanover, to the the campus, and to the hospital. The area around Geisel looks like it's just all houses for college students.

If you plan to live far, you will likely need a car.

Not "required". They have a pretty robust shuttle system that ferries med students from Hanover, to the the campus, and to the hospital. The area around Geisel looks like it's just all houses for college students.

If you plan to live far, you will likely need a car.
Not sure if its a requirement but there isn't much around DHMC itself. As BKNbkn said, you would rely on shuttles. Having lived there for 20+ yrs, I would recommend having a car.

Does any one know whether having a car is required for students at Geisel? Thanks!

They said it's an "unofficial requirement" interview day. You'll need one to get to preceptorships which start almost immediately.

Rejected today, complete in early September. Dodged a lot hackings but sadly this is the end of the line for me

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Is anyone heading up from the boston area for a tuesday interview?

Rejected pre ii, complete early October, LizzyM 69.
Kinda sad about this :( but good luck to everyone else!

Any idea when the next round of acceptances are going to take place?

I interviewed today and they mentioned that they will be reviewing applications every Thursday in March and the first week or two in April.

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed today and they mentioned that they will be reviewing applications every Thursday in March and the first week or two in April.

Does that mean they'll be accepting applicants once a week?

Yes, from my understanding and that everyone will have an answer by those first two weeks of April