2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know when the wait list starts coming out or when those who are tabled/deferred get looked at again? Are they going to go through all the people who interview in Dec-End before they re-examine who's left? Interviewed in October and haven't heard a word yet. For that matter, has anyone been rejected post interview?

Same boat.

Members don't see this ad.

Woah, it's really expensive to travel to Hanover. Will probably withdraw. Good luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it possible to submit additional documents to Geisel at this stage? Has anyone done so?

Is it possible to submit additional documents to Geisel at this stage? Has anyone done so?
Idk about additional documents, but they do accept short updates in the form of email. Do you mean like an extra recommendation? I'd contact the admissions office just to be sure

Are there many folks like me who were complete 8/15 (or earlier) who are still waiting? Starting to wonder what the hold up is

Reactions: 1 users
Complete a bit earlier than you guys, so they are probably evaluation during the time

Complete a bit earlier than you guys, so they are probably evaluation during the time

They explained at my interview day that what happens is if the first person who reviews your file is unsure as to whether or not to give you an interview you go to a second reviewer and that can go down the line for awhile. Also some reviewers are busy/slow and thus they end up with long waits. The good news is you're still very much in the running!

Reactions: 7 users
Are there many folks like me who were complete 8/15 (or earlier) who are still waiting? Starting to wonder what the hold up is
i was complete on 8/10 and got an ii like 3 days ago

Reactions: 10 users
Lol I thought I was rejected here for some reason but just got an II! Complete late Aug. Can anyone speak to specific aspects of the curriculum/culture that are unique/alluring?

Reactions: 7 users
Lol I thought I was rejected here for some reason but just got an II! Complete late Aug. Can anyone speak to specific aspects of the curriculum/culture that are unique/alluring?
congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
what day did you pick?? and congrats!!

Did anyone who just got an II receive a confirmation of their selected date yet?

did everyone that sent in updates receive a confirmation e-mail?

Congrats to those accepted! I am interviewing on Tuesday and had a quick question! For those of you who stayed a hotel, what was the best taxi/transport service to get from your hotel to the medical school or from the medical school to the airport? Apparently, the taxi services are not always reliable so I wanted to ask the best way to get from places in Lebanon! Thank you!

Congrats to those accepted! I am interviewing on Tuesday and had a quick question! For those of you who stayed a hotel, what was the best taxi/transport service to get from your hotel to the medical school or from the medical school to the airport? Apparently, the taxi services are not always reliable so I wanted to ask the best way to get from places in Lebanon! Thank you!
there's no uber! but if you can catch the bus (look up which one), it'll drop you almost in front of the admissions office

Your hotel may actually have a shuttle service! That's how I got around Hanover. Check with them.

Complete since early September, and not a peep...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed 12/6. Any clue when I might hear some news? I remember them being relatively vague at the time...

I interviewed 12/6. Any clue when I might hear some news? I remember them being relatively vague at the time...
5 to 8 weeks seems typical, but they said it might be until March when i interviewed very early January

No news is good news for people who've interviews and heard nothing too...?

No news is good news for people who've interviews and heard nothing too...?

On a scale from 1-10, with 1 being bad, 10 being good and 5 being neutral... IMO "no news" is probably a 4, or maybe 3.5.

On a scale from 1-10, with 1 being bad, 10 being good and 5 being neutral... IMO "no news" is probably a 4, or maybe 3.5.
Same for those who haven't gotten an II yet? Surviving this many rounds of rejection has really gotten my hopes up

Same for those who haven't gotten an II yet? Surviving this many rounds of rejection has really gotten my hopes up

In that case "no news" is probably a 2.5 or so... Out of 24 schools I applied to, I only got outright rejections at 2 of them. The rest was either II or silence. Hopefully I'm wrong!

In that case "no news" is probably a 2.5 or so... Out of 24 schools I applied to, I only got outright rejections at 2 of them. The rest was either II or silence. Hopefully I'm wrong!
Yeah but here they do reject. I'd say it's a 4. Interviews are sparser this late in the game but you'd be rejected by now if it was done

Yeah but here they do reject. I'd say it's a 4. Interviews are sparser this late in the game but you'd be rejected by now if it was done
I agree with this. I just wish there was something I could do to get them to pull the trigger because I feel like my app is sitting in some alternate/continue to review pile right now. With the cycle ending, how much longer will they continue to review us, ya know?

I'm also a little paranoid to call/email to check on my status because I feel like maybe they'd rush through my review just get me an answer. As someone with a very low LizzyM, but great story, I really want them to take their time (BUT TIME IS RUNNING OUT)

Reactions: 3 users
Been waiting for an update since I interviewed in late September
>_>
nonewsmustbegoodnews.gif

Do we just send it emails to the admissions email? Also sitting on silence and thought I'd try my luck with an update...

so legit, have the II's stopped being handed out?

(different then, are they still interviewing?)

Been waiting for an update since I interviewed in late September
>_>
nonewsmustbegoodnews.gif

really hate to be that person but one of my friends who interviewed at Dartmouth told me that she interviewed at the beginning of the cycle and they never contacted her until March where she was eventually rejected. Meanwhile, my friend who interviewed this cycle in November has already been accepted.. I really hope I'm wrong! :sick:

so legit, have the II's stopped being handed out?

(different then, are they still interviewing?)
Last year, the last II reported for Dartmouth was on March 8th. So if they are being consistent, there should be at least another month of IIs

really hate to be that person but one of my friends who interviewed at Dartmouth told me that she interviewed at the beginning of the cycle and they never contacted her until March where she was eventually rejected. Meanwhile, my friend who interviewed this cycle in November has already been accepted.. I really hope I'm wrong! :sick:
Dang, I interviewed in November and have had silence. Oh well, probably also means rejection for me.

Last year, the last II reported for Dartmouth was on March 8th. So if they are being consistent, there should be at least another month of IIs

Tough thing is that it is not a school where too many students will release an II based on other acceptances, and small class to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

What's the best way going to the campus from Lebanon airport?