2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected (pre-II). It's fine, w/e idc

Reactions: 1 user
haha I feel the same way. I think I'm in the "B pile" at a lot of places so I'm hoping as people lock down choices and turn down II's...I can snag a couple more.

Yea I think thats what happened to me, I was in a B-pile and an extra spot popped open. I expect any interviews from this point forward to be like short notice for that reason.

II this afternoon!

Reactions: 6 users
your time will come, and when it does, i'll use your tears to do my laundry / cook my Easy Mac

I feel like this totally applies to me as well but it's so great, you deserve my like

Idk how long I'll last being in the late July crew....
neo-dodging-bullets.jpg

EDIT: forgot I didn't get my completion email until August, so....

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 7/12 and still dodging the purge thankfully. Silence can be a good thing sometimes I guess

Reactions: 5 users
Not even August yet.... lol sounds like ill either get rejected or get II on Thanksgiving dinner...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 7/21 and haven't heard anything back....
Holding my breath and sweaty palms lol

Rejected yesterday. Completed secondary on July 7th.

sGPA 3.60; cGPA 3.78; MCAT 512

:'(

Any early August completion rejections?:nailbiting:

Rejected this morning pre-II. Complete 7/21. Good luck to everyone still in the running!

I interviewed on 9/22, and I got an offer of acceptance on 10/17.

Congrats on your acceptance. Can you give any insight into the interview process? Faculty/Student? Open/closed file? Conversational or more stress-style interview?

Congrats on your acceptance. Can you give any insight into the interview process? Faculty/Student? Open/closed file? Conversational or more stress-style interview?
Thanks! I did two one-on-one interviews, one with a faculty and one with a student. It was emphasized that both have equally weighted votes in the decision process. It was an open file interview, and it was very conversational, very relaxed. I enjoyed it. I hope this helps :)

Last edited:
II just now as well! Complete early July, LM ~67

Having a ton of trouble finding a host for next Wednesday night before my interview given the short notice on the II, are there any current students on SDN able to help me out? I really am not trying to drop $150-$200 on a hotel. Would be the most appreciative person ever.

Having a ton of trouble finding a host for next Wednesday night before my interview given the short notice on the II, are there any current students on SDN able to help me out? I really am not trying to drop $150-$200 on a hotel. Would be the most appreciative person ever.

I was unable to find a student host before my recent interview. I ended up getting a great hotel (Element) for something like $135 total via Priceline Name Your Own Price.

The hotel had a free shuttle and free breakfast & evening hors d'oeuvres (nice salad, burgers, beer, hot dogs, etc).

If you can't find a host, I'd highly recommend it as a backup option.

Reactions: 1 users
I was unable to find a student host before my recent interview. I ended up getting a great hotel (Element) for something like $135 total via Priceline Name Your Own Price.

The hotel had a free shuttle and free breakfast & evening hors d'oeuvres (nice salad, burgers, beer, hot dogs, etc).

If you can't find a host, I'd highly recommend it as a backup option.

Thanks man! I will definitely take it into consideration! A buddy of mine knows some undergrads there so I may be crashing in a frat house lol

Remaining hopeful, anyone from 9/8 interview hear yet?

Remaining hopeful, anyone from 9/8 interview hear yet?
I interviewed 9/8 as well and have not heard back. Sadly for me, though, I do know of one person from our group who was accepted on 10/15. Hopefully ours is coming soon!

Though I had survived the current round of rejections, but oh well. Rejected pre-II, complete 7/12. Good luck to everyone!

Has anyone requested a particular interview date, but then been scheduled for one of the other available dates? Flights get more and more expensive by the day

Rejected yesterday, complete early. Good luck all

Any good news today for late september/early october interviewees?

Guess no news today is good news;).

Brace yourselves! Rejected by email, just now. Complete 7/8/16. LizzyM ~70

Reactions: 2 users
Looks like rejections are still coming out this week:scared:.