2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else complete mid July and hear nothing? I guess no rejection yet is good, but I don't know what to think.
+2

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry about all the rejections! :(

Anyone complete mid August get the ax?

Reactions: 1 user

Last edited:
Spoke too soon, just got the rejection email

Geez are these rejections trickling in? Complete 8/15 and nothing. Hoping that at least stays the same through the end of the day lol

Members don't see this ad :)
also rejected, good luck everyone and congrats to everyone who got acceptances today

Dayumn! Been complete since mid-July, Lizzy M 75, and havent heard back at all. Based on last years, does anyone know if this may be a good sign?

Anyone complete early September, pre-interview, here back yet?

Dayumn! Been complete since mid-July, Lizzy M 75, and havent heard back at all. Based on last years, does anyone know if this may be a good sign?
That's what I am hoping. Complete 7/7. LizzyM 77-79. Really hoping from some love here soon.

+1 Complete 8/30

It looks like all July stuff... I don't think they're even dealing with August yet. Blegh... I knew I should have applied earlier.

Reactions: 1 users
Complete 7/25, silence. Somebody hold me...

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Complete 7/21. Dead silent since then. :dead:

I'm willing to forgive the adcom for all the time and stress in exchange for an II. I think that's fair. ;)

Reactions: 5 users
So for all of those saying they were rejected mid-July, would 7/21 count as mid-July? I'm trying to see if the adcom has been rejecting folks at my complete date or later.

Because I need to know if I should be checking my email every 15 minutes as opposed to every hour. :roflcopter:

So for all of those saying they were rejected mid-July, would 7/21 count as mid-July? I'm trying to see if the adcom has been rejecting folks at my complete date or later.

Because I need to know if I should be checking my email every 15 minutes as opposed to every hour. :roflcopter:

If you look farther up, there were people rejected today who submitted end of July and early August, so yes. Just put your email on push notifications!

Anyone complete early September, pre-interview, here back yet?
Complete that time, haven't heard anything. At this rate they're not going to get to us till the spring :laugh:

I think the reviewers haven't read my app yet. I have a LizzyM score in the mid 60s, completed in mid July, and haven't been rejected yet. There are so many others who have higher stats than me that got rejected...

If you look farther up, there were people rejected today who submitted end of July and early August, so yes. Just put your email on push notifications!

Apparently 22 years of reading isn't enough to save me. I should have read the thread more closely :oops: I have push notifications on my phone, but I check my email anyway because sometimes there is a delay between gmail and my phone. :oops::oops::oops:

He's/She's saying he/she just received an interview invite lol
Just realized this lol. Trying to work and monitor SDN at the same time is clearly too much for me.

Thanks for replying and wishing you well for the interview next week! :D

Damn, this place was a bloodbath yesterday! Having been spared (so far) from the pre-II rejection assault, I have to assume I'm in some sort of "B pile." And I'm okay with that.

Reactions: 4 users
Damn, this place was a bloodbath yesterday! Having been spared (so far) from the pre-II rejection assault, I have to assume I'm in some sort of "B pile." And I'm okay with that.

your time will come, and when it does, i'll use your tears to do my laundry / cook my Easy Mac

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone been accepted here yet that interviewed in late september/early october?

haha I feel the same way. I think I'm in the "B pile" at a lot of places so I'm hoping as people lock down choices and turn down II's...I can snag a couple more.

Reactions: 2 users