2016-2017 Dartmouth College (Geisel) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good, I'm ready for a rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 9/29. Accepted an hour ago! LizzyM: 72-73

Reactions: 6 users
Interviewed 9/29. Accepted an hour ago! LizzyM: 72-73
Accepted!! Lizzy 71-72 complete mid July , interviewed early September. Does anyone know how generous financial aide is at Dartmouth?

Congrats to all acceptances.
Hoping for a II and bracing for a rejection:(.

Reactions: 2 users
Yay i hope you're all celebrating! You deserve to!!!!

And hang in there rice krispy kasp! we will get our IIs :)

I received an interview invitation and sent them an email requesting a particular interview date about a week ago, but have still not heard back. Is anybody else from that wave of invitations still waiting as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected Pre II complete early July.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

*peeks out*

So far, I'm still alive. I was complete 7/29 though, so I might be next >>

sorry to hear about all the rejections in the last week or so!!

any mid-august folks get the ax?

I was complete 7/21 and haven't gotten axed yet... coming soon?

Reactions: 1 user
late july, still in the running. Got axed by Gtown yesterday after surviving multiple july purges.

*peeks out*

So far, I'm still alive. I was complete 7/29 though, so I might be next >>

late july, still in the running. Got axed by Gtown yesterday after surviving multiple july purges.

July 8th, still under review

complete july 25th

complete 7/19...still hanging in!

Well guess since there are so many I shouldn't get my hopes up ha.

I was complete 7/18 and I'm still in this. I'm beginning to think that I'm just not good enough to even send a rejection to?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thought I would throw my hat in the ring -- complete 7/7 ..... crickets :whistle:

I was complete 7/12 and I'm untouched thus far. I'm afraid to poke my head out of my gopher hole.

I was complete 7/12 and I'm untouched thus far. I'm afraid to poke my head out of my gopher hole.

Amen! Dartmouth is in my hometown and I love it there. Grew up around all the profs and love the school. Would love to go! But nothing but crickets so far...:whistle:

Should mention I also applied late (Sept 9th) b/c of MCAT score receive date. If anyone wants to know more about the area, would be glad to share info.

Rejected yesterday. Complete mid-July LizzyM 73. Non URM and traditional.
Sorry :(. Don't let it bother you. My PCP is on the board of trustees and I know people on the admissions staff. They are telling me all the time how difficult it is to get in and how funky their selection can be. If you have an LM of 73 Im sure youll get in somewhere great! :woot:

Sorry :(. Don't let it bother you. My PCP is on the board of trustees and I know people on the admissions staff. They are telling me all the time how difficult it is to get in and how funky their selection can be. If you have an LM of 73 Im sure youll get in somewhere great! :woot:
I appreciate your sentiments, but 4 rejections and no interviews is not too promising. Just have to hope for the best!

I appreciate your sentiments, but 4 rejections and no interviews is not too promising. Just have to hope for the best!
I know the feeling, was 0 for 15 last year without a single interview... Take it from someone who took it hard and was not easy on himself... it will destroy you if you let it. I also realize how annoying it is to hear people tell you to stay positive and keep your head up as if they know the feeling. Just don't beat yourself up too bad.

Reactions: 5 users
I know the feeling, was 0 for 15 last year without a single interview... Take it from someone who took it hard and was not easy on himself... it will destroy you if you let it. I also realize how annoying it is to hear people tell you to stay positive and keep your head up as if they know the feeling. Just don't beat yourself up too bad.
Well it is nice to hear something other than keep your head up haha that is refreshing. It just leads you to wonder how meritocratic this system truly is.

We should start a club

I don't know if this helps but I'm in the same boat: 4 rejections, 0 interviews. It sucks but this cycle is far from over. They way I see it is this something I know I want to do, and although it's not ideal many people have to apply more than one cycle to get it. Right now I'm just trying to gain more experiences so that if by some chance I get an interview I can show them I've been productive, and if I don't get an interview, I have new experiences to boost my application next year. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and that something comes your way soon!

We should start a club

I don't know if this helps but I'm in the same boat: 4 rejections, 0 interviews. It sucks but this cycle is far from over. They way I see it is this something I know I want to do, and although it's not ideal many people have to apply more than one cycle to get it. Right now I'm just trying to gain more experiences so that if by some chance I get an interview I can show them I've been productive, and if I don't get an interview, I have new experiences to boost my application next year. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and that something comes your way soon!
That's a good way to look at it. Have you started thinking about possibilities if you do not get in? Or is it too early? I have heard to hold tight until Thanksgiving, but I am way too neurotic for that.

the process is disgustingly inequitable

Do you think so? I'm honestly curious... there are very few spots for an abundance of qualified candidates... I think the unfortunate fact is that every good school has to turn away perfectly capable and qualified candidates. And I think those decisions are made based on probably very small nuances in an application, the way the candidate presents him or herself and if it is in line with the "mission" of the school. They're blinded to factors like legacy... as far as II's go, I think it's probably pretty equitable, it's just that there are so many qualified people and so few spots that decisions come down to very small things... just curious to hear your thoughts?

That's a good way to look at it. Have you started thinking about possibilities if you do not get in? Or is it too early? I have heard to hold tight until Thanksgiving, but I am way too neurotic for that.

I have indeed! I know for me my health care experience was probably lacking, so now I'm focusing on volunteer experience. If January hits and I still haven't received an interview I'm also considering retaking the MCAT to boost the academic aspect of my app, my score wasn't stellar (128/129/129/125) and see if I can get that psych score up a bit. I've been out of school for a couple years so I know my gpa isn't going anywhere so this is the only other aspect I really have control over.

I have indeed! I know for me my health care experience was probably lacking, so now I'm focusing on volunteer experience. If January hits and I still haven't received an interview I'm also considering retaking the MCAT to boost the academic aspect of my app, my score wasn't stellar (128/129/129/125) and see if I can get that psych score up a bit. I've been out of school for a couple years so I know my gpa isn't going anywhere so this is the only other aspect I really have control over.
Honestly, this application process is so random, it's near impossible to make sense out of it. I am a reapplicant, and I interviewed at Dartmouth this year. Haven't heard back yet, but my MCAT score is similar to yours, a tad bit lower in some sections, and I have a 125 in psych as well. Lower uGPA, but an above average SMP GPA from a top school. And I think my ECs are above average to okay. Dartmouth is a reach for me, yet somehow I got an interview here, but other than that, silence and a handful of rejections everywhere else. GPA is out of my control now too, but I'll be joining you in preparing for an MCAT retake as a precaution.

Honestly, this application process is so random, it's near impossible to make sense out of it. I am a reapplicant, and I interviewed at Dartmouth this year. Haven't heard back yet, but my MCAT score is similar to yours, a tad bit lower in some sections, and I have a 125 in psych as well. Lower uGPA, but an above average SMP GPA from a top school. And I think my ECs are above average to okay. Dartmouth is a reach for me, yet somehow I got an interview here, but other than that, silence and a handful of rejections everywhere else. GPA is out of my control now too, but I'll be joining you in preparing for an MCAT retake as a precaution.

Agreed - it really is random and each school just has specific things they are looking for in a huge pool of really qualified applicants. Congrats on the interview! Hopefully more come your way!