[2016-2017] Official Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have sat on like 5 of 8 for awhile.
Little movement.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have sat on like 5 of 8 for awhile.
Little movement.

At least you've had a little movement. I'm 0 for 7 right now. Just keep telling myself I'm one cancellation away haha.

At least you've had a little movement. I'm 0 for 7 right now. Just keep telling myself I'm one cancellation away haha.

Just to insert a little hope, I got off a waitlist yesterday! And I just now went on Interview Broker to see if there was any possibility of making my travel schedule more convenient with the new interview, and noticed multiple open slots in January (as in multiple dates are black on the calendar indicating multiple open slots for each date) for 2 other programs. My guess is people are starting to cancel January dates and coordinators are still catching up in terms of sending out new invites to fill the open slots. And I personally just hit my interview quota so took myself off a few waitlists, and will be cancelling interviews in exchange for any new ones I receive. :) Good luck!

canceled my drexel interview in hopes that someone would get a waitlist spot...noticed they have 9 open dates but either way...the thought that counts :hungry::nod:

Reactions: 1 user
+ Miami Jackson

As an aside, this is the interview thread for a registry of interview information, there is another thread (application thread) for further discussion of ranking, waitlists, your status, etc

Did everyone that applied get the weird psuedo-waitlist email from Presence Resurrection today?

Invite through interview broker for OHSU today, all dates full. Per email the wait list is very short.. anyone have 1/10 booked and don't plan on going, feel free to drop it :) btw I emailed the residency coordinator about 3 weeks ago expressing my interest.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who can tell me if UI - Chicago has any openings? Thanks!

+ UT Houston. This is coming a month after they had already rejected me. I guess there are no rules guys so keep heads up if still need a couple more interviews. Today is my last one so I'm done with this thread and the madness. Good luck to all.

+EVMS via interview broker. 4 dates open in January. Will be declining this one, hope it goes to one of y'all. Good luck everyone!

+ UT Houston. This is coming a month after they had already rejected me. I guess there are no rules guys so keep heads up if still need a couple more interviews. Today is my last one so I'm done with this thread and the madness. Good luck to all.

This exact same thing happened to me with Houston. Probably the product of massive over-applying that is now resulting in many more cancellations than expected.

This exact same thing happened to me with Houston. Probably the product of massive over-applying that is now resulting in many more cancellations than expected.
I know exactly what I would ask the PD there when they asked if I had any questions.

Hi all, long shot here: I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to switch their 1/5 LAC+USC interview date with my 1/6 date. Really tried to make my schedule work, though Thursday 1/5 works immensely better with my call schedule and flying and all. Please let me know, would owe you one. Thanks!

Same! I've heard of people getting offers from places after being rejected, but never thought I'd be one of them. Part of me feels kind of redeemed, so to speak, like "Oh, what happened to all your qualified applicants, hmm?" But honestly, I've been done with interviews for almost 2 weeks, and I have almost no desire to do more. Plus I'm not available on the dates they offered anyway.

Good luck guys. We're getting there.

I'll take some Houston love! C'mon baby, unreject me too!

Worth going to a place that rejected you once and now give you an invite? How likely are they to rank you well when they already tossed out our application before?

Worth going to a place that rejected you once and now give you an invite? How likely are they to rank you well when they already tossed out our application before?
An invite is an invite - the program has some level of interest in you. They wouldn't waste an invite if they thought you were not worth ranking.

An invite is an invite - the program has some level of interest in you. They wouldn't waste an invite if they thought you were not worth ranking.

He's not asking "if" he will get ranked, he's asking how "well" they would rank him. I think it's a fair question. My guess would be middle to lower on the list. Having said that, a great interview on your part can definitely get you moved to towards the top. If there are people who appeal rejections that match into that program, then there is certainly no reason why you couldn't either. You got this!

He's not asking "if" he will get ranked, he's asking how "well" they would rank him. I think it's a fair question. My guess would be middle to lower on the list. Having said that, a great interview on your part can definitely get you moved to towards the top. If there are people who appeal rejections that match into that program, then there is certainly no reason why you couldn't either. You got this!
I guess I was speaking more to the first question. As for the second, impossible to answer. Given the available info, probably low. But, who knows.

How many hospital tours does it take to make you realize all hospitals are the same??

I believe the question you are asking is how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, in which case the owl says it's 3 (praying others gets the reference)

Reactions: 2 users
Haha if I get rejections on Christmas I'm going to cry, but I won't be surprised. 2016 is that kind of year.

Reactions: 3 users
Happy holidays folks.

If anyone is signed up for 1/4 at BMC and has it in their tired heart to figure out how to switch with me (I'm currently on Jan 11) it'd make my flight booking plans/interviewing between coasts much happier.

Side note; I'll be dropping NY Methodist on 1/30, SUNY downstate 2/2, and Beaumont 1/17 later today. G'luck guys.

I emailed a residency coordinator to cancel an interview but they never got back to me. Should I email the PD too?

I emailed a residency coordinator to cancel an interview but they never got back to me. Should I email the PD too?

I would send a note to the PD also but wouldn't expect a response from him or her. You did your due diligence of canceling if it was in a timely fashion.

PS - please lose to the bills.

Happy holidays everyone! I feel like this has been addressed somewhat in previous threads, but I wanted your advice on my specific situation. I have 12 interviews which I'm very thankful for, but had to apply to almost 100 places to get them. While I know the match data says 12 is great, I wonder if the 100 applications means I'm very low on those rank lists. No red flags with average scores and decent SLOEs. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

Happy holidays everyone! I feel like this has been addressed somewhat in previous threads, but I wanted your advice on my specific situation. I have 12 interviews which I'm very thankful for, but had to apply to almost 100 places to get them. While I know the match data says 12 is great, I wonder if the 100 applications means I'm very low on those rank lists. No red flags with average scores and decent SLOEs. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

I don't think the correlation you're proposing is that strong, if exists at all.

Those 12 invited you... 88 programs werent interested, BUT those 12 were.

If we're talking leaps of faith, I'd imagine the round you were invited would be more relevant...read: ever so slightly less tenuous.

I can fathom the person with 12 first round invites is better off than the person with 12 invites off waitlists.

Nevertheless, still tenuous.

Cancelled 10 interviews for January- out of steam, out of money. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what time the UTHSCSA am session typically ends? Thanks!

Cancelled Little Rock, good luck guys!

Has anyone gotten off the Arkansas waitlist? Or are there still people who were invited to interview in the first instance that are trying to schedule? Would love to interview here but feel like waitlist movement is a pretty remote possibility :(