[2016-2017] Official Interview Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone gotten off the Arkansas waitlist? Or are there still people who were invited to interview in the first instance that are trying to schedule? Would love to interview here but feel like waitlist movement is a pretty remote possibility :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I got off and canceled last week for the last interview date. FYI Arkansas does not have a waitlist. It is more of a check and see on eras if there's an open date. I got off by checking at remote time at 3am or something and there was an open spot. Keep checking !

Members don't see this ad.

I got off and canceled last week for the last interview date. FYI Arkansas does not have a waitlist. It is more of a check and see on eras if there's an open date. I got off by checking at remote time at 3am or something and there was an open spot. Keep checking !

Thanks! I think you're saying that for people who have been invited but couldn't schedule right away, there's no interview broker-style waitlist, right? I'm actually on the waitlist, as in, I got an email saying I'm on their waitlist and they'll contact me via eras if space opens up. Two different scenarios I think but glad to know people are still canceling!

Reactions: 1 user
I've been on waitlists for over 2 months now..... am I just unlucky and last on the waitlists or is there 0 movement
0 movement, speaking of my experience. I'm on 5, and I've cancelled 2 interviews in hope of good karma. Oh well...

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, has anyone here interviewed at Eisenhowever Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, CA. Its a new 3 year program and not much out there on student blogs. Anyone here that interviewed with this program able to offer some insight into the program. Thanks!

hey, has anyone here interviewed at Eisenhowever Medical Center in Rancho Mirage, CA. Its a new 3 year program and not much out there on student blogs. Anyone here that interviewed with this program able to offer some insight into the program. Thanks!
Guess no.

+2 invites in the south today.
Passing on them at this point.
G'Luck.
Not to pick on you, I've seen multiple posters say they got interviews they aren't accepting, but why not withdraw from the programs that you wouldn't accept an interview from at this point?

Not to pick on you, I've seen multiple posters say they got interviews they aren't accepting, but why not withdraw from the programs that you wouldn't accept an interview from at this point?
Why are you picking on him

Fair question! Need to see what my final yield is for my med school's data/records...

(Advisor to rising MS4: "Last cycle students from our institution with X scores and Y experiences approximately received Z interviews after applying to E programs.")

vs.

("Ehhhh apply to # programs. That should be good.")

Members don't see this ad :)
Fair question! Need to see what my final yield is for my med school's data/records...

(Advisor to rising MS4: "Last cycle students from our institution with X scores and Y experiences approximately received Z interviews after applying to E programs.")

vs.

("Ehhhh apply to # programs. That should be good.")
That makes sense. All schools should do something similar.

Cancelled an interview in the south today for late Jan. Only two left to smile for- the end is near :)

Do you know how many dates they have left? I'm still waitlisted and praying

two dates left (jan 18 and 24) i'd say call or email them. I had someone email them on my behalf yesterday and was offered this morning.

Looking for a last minute switch: University of Wisconsin on Jan 19th (my date) for Jan 12th?

+Methodist
Cancelled interview in the south.

Hi, can anyone who already interviewed at Kendall please tell me at what time the interview day ended?

Anyone hear anything on UNC by any chance? WL'ed a while back, wondering if any movement still occuring, or if any dates are still even open

Albany interviewees: did you ever receive an email with more details about the hotel? I never heard anything else after my interview invite, other than a link to a PowerPoint about the program.

Albany interviewees: did you ever receive an email with more details about the hotel? I never heard anything else after my interview invite, other than a link to a PowerPoint about the program.

They sent some info by snail mail. I think the gist of it is they book you a room in their onsite hotel unless you opt out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sent some info by snail mail. I think the gist of it is they book you a room in their onsite hotel unless you opt out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a doofus and completely forgot about that packet. Thank you for reminding me. These multiple mediums of communication are exhausting! (But mostly I'm just a doofus).

Anyone hear anything on UNC by any chance? WL'ed a while back, wondering if any movement still occuring, or if any dates are still even open
Heard from them Novemberish. They have interviews tomorrow and next week and that's it.

Anybody know how many interview days Jackson Memorial has left? Or what days they fall on?

Anyone know the interview days at St. Lukes-Roosevelt and Jacobi?

Anyone know the interview days at St. Lukes-Roosevelt and Jacobi?
The coordinator at Montiefore/Jacobi told me they have 9-10 more interview dates
Don't know how that's possible but it's what she said

Jan 23, 30. Feb 6 & 13 for St Luke's-Roosevelt. Good luck.

Looking for a last minute switch. Mercy St. Vincent Toledo on Jan 19th (Me) for Feb 2 or Feb 9

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Re. UF Gainesville, does the interview day really last until 4?

Sounds like you're in the afternoon group

Thanks, I haven't heard one way or the other yet, just saw on the interview scheduler that they block out 8-4 for the day. How far in advance do they let you know whether you're in the morning or afternoon group? Flights are going up like $50 a day here!

Thanks, I haven't heard one way or the other yet, just saw on the interview scheduler that they block out 8-4 for the day. How far in advance do they let you know whether you're in the morning or afternoon group? Flights are going up like $50 a day here!
I found that flying into Orlando, renting a car, then driving down was the cheapest option. I can't remember, but I don't think I was told until the week before. I would just contact the PC, she's really responsive.

Do anyone have any input on when they will be sending their letters of intent to programs and how much cash will be placed in each envelope

Reactions: 3 users
Do program directors reach out to candidates that they will rank highly? I've gotten the "you're a strong candidate" - "we think you will be a good fit" in my thank you responses but I haven't been reach out specifically for anything.

Do program directors reach out to candidates that they will rank highly? I've gotten the "you're a strong candidate" - "we think you will be a good fit" in my thank you responses but I haven't been reach out specifically for anything.
Yes. No. Maybe.

But really, all of the above. Some programs say they will not communicate with applicants after the interview. Others say they may. Either way, if they do or don't, recent responses on these threads say don't put any stock in it when it comes time to rank.

Same. Seems like PDs playing the game.

It's a gray zone, specifics not allowed to be shared by programs and the applicants by NRMP. But overall those emails do not mean anything because no one can hold either party responsible for what they said. Some programs send out something, others do not. Smile, thank them, and move on.