2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not to be a Debby downer but I feel like this is way too many people for "modified" to mean good news...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Definitely not good news. I'd prefer my rejection to come through e-mail, though. Save a tree.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not to be a Debby downer but I feel like this is way too many people for "modified" to mean good news...

i think someone earlier got an II after being modified.. but yeah probably just n=1

Yeah I was also modified today! If history, repeats itself probably means that at least (a small) some of us are getting IIs in the morning! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
For the people that were modified today and recently, do you mind sharing your complete dates? My app has not been modified yet so I'm thinking it's because I submitted later in the cycle...

I was modified today as well (complete late June). I have not sent them any updates so whoever thinks that's the variable, it's not. I don't think the modified tag is anything significant.

Reactions: 1 users
For the people that were modified today and recently, do you mind sharing your complete dates? My app has not been modified yet so I'm thinking it's because I submitted later in the cycle...

I was complete 9/16

I was complete in August and have been modified multiple times... I stopped reading into it at this point.

Reactions: 4 users
So it occurred to me last night.

I was first modified on 8/2 and then again on 2/8. If you add the month and day of both of my modifications, the sum is 10.

8 + 2 and then 2 + 8. They both equal 10???

I can't believe I missed it before, I feel so stupid for overlooking it, but it's so obvious now. The whole time, Temple has been trying to tell me via encrypted portal modification dates that they think I'm a 10/10 and they want to interview me.

Reactions: 36 users

I was first modified on 8/2 and then again on 2/8. If you add the month and day of both of my modifications, the sum is 10.

I can't believe I missed it before, I feel so stupid for overlooking it, but it's so obvious now. The whole time, Temple has been trying to tell me via encrypted portal modification dates that they think I'm a 10/10 and they want to interview me.

Wait, where are you guys seeing these modifications? On the portal where the secondary was submitted?

Members don't see this ad :)

Illuminati confirmed! :D

I also just realized I was modified on 2/8 after reading all your posts. Prior to this my application had not been modified since I submitted my secondary in September. I sent an update on 1/16, but I don't think that has anything to do with the modification. I'm not reading too much into it since many people have indicated they were also modified, but hey, maybe it's a good thing. Here's to hoping IIs come our way!

Reactions: 2 users
I also just realized I was modified on 2/8 after reading all your posts. Prior to this my application had not been modified since I submitted my secondary in September. I sent an update on 1/16, but I don't think that has anything to do with the modification. I'm not reading too much into it since many people have indicated they were also modified, but hey, maybe it's a good thing. Here's to hoping IIs come our way!
Mine was modified on 2/8 as well and I submitted an update on December 12th.... This anxiety is killing me.... quickly lol

Random interview invite just now... complete July iirc

Addon: I also can't confirm your modification suspicions since i haven't logged in since I did the secondary. No updates sent either.

Reactions: 7 users

Don't let this distract you from the fact the Warriors and Indians blew a 3-1 lead.

Random interview invite just now... complete July iirc

Addon: I also can't confirm your modification suspicions since i haven't logged in since I did the secondary. No updates sent either.

Congrats!! Stats / IS?

LizzyM = ~69. OOS ORM. I'm most likely going to turn down the invite due to being accepted at a school I'd prefer over Temple.
Send it my way....tell them you are giving up the interview so it can transferred to DoctreessM from sdn

Where did people's applications say modified? Mine still just says completed 7/16

Ah yes that helps a lot thanks! I see mine was updated 2/8 then as well
Mine was too. That happened to be the day before my interview, I'm not sure if everyone was updated on that day or if it's separate. Either way, good luck to anyone who is still waiting! :)

I was modified again today, but I'm convinced it doesn't mean anything. Still, it's frustrating to see these changes online and not have heard anything from them since submitting my secondary in July. How late does the interview cycle go here?

Reactions: 5 users
I was modified again today, but I'm convinced it doesn't mean anything. Still, it's frustrating to see these changes online and not have heard anything from them since submitting my secondary in July. How late does the interview cycle go here?
+1

Their website says "September through March"

+2

Anyone know if they are still sending out IIs? I called in last month and they said their last interview date is sometime in April.

nothing mentioned in the virtual fair

I was modified again yesterday after being modified a week or so ago.

+1 I was just at the virtual fair and this is what they said:

"LKSOM is still interviewing for the entering 2017 class. We are tracking current apps from this event."

Reactions: 6 users
Got a letter saying I was added to the continuing candidate list. Anyone else? Weird how it says congratulations and starts off by saying they are pleased to inform me about it. Kinda confusing.
Yes.. me too. This was very discouraging the way they worded it honestly.

I am not sure what to do. I have two interviews next week on the East Coast. I am coming from the West Coast. I sent Temple an in the area email a couple of weeks ago and they haven't responded to my email. I want to finalize my travel plans and hopefully save additional costs. Should I call the admissions office tomorrow?

Go to your 2 other interviews and move on with your life!

I am not sure what to do. I have two interviews next week on the East Coast. I am coming from the West Coast. I sent Temple an in the area email a couple of weeks ago and they haven't responded to my email. I want to finalize my travel plans and hopefully save additional costs. Should I call the admissions office tomorrow?
I mean at this point it doesn't hurt right? That being said, I am sure they saw the email you sent them. If this is your only chance to come to the East Coast though, then I say go for it, but I am not sure how fruitful it'll be tbh. I sent them an email a couple of days ago as well, for a different reason, and they also have not gotten back to me either.

Go to your 2 other interviews and move on with your life!

I don't want to seem ungrateful. I am very happy to receive interviews at other schools, but Temple is one of my top choices. So to be able to interview there would be great. I just wished that they would respond to my in the area request.

I mean at this point it doesn't hurt right? That being said, I am sure they saw the email you sent them. If this is your only chance to come to the East Coast though, then I say go for it, but I am not sure how fruitful it'll be tbh. I sent them an email a couple of days ago as well, for a different reason, and they also have not gotten back to me either.

Yeah... I attended the virtual fair today and told one of the representatives about my request. They told me they'll follow up with it. I'll probably call tomorrow just to follow up. They weren't kidding when they said the admissions process was slow. lol

That is great that u got them to respond via virtual fair.

I know I read somewhere that about 40ish% of students receive some sort of need/merit based scholarship here, any current students know approximate scholarship amount?

I received an interview invite yesterday. Once I managed to set up my username and password and proceeded to schedule the interview, it showed a message indicating no availability--regardless of what date I selected. I logged in today and noticed that they added few extra days to their interviews schedule. It was very strange. Honestly, I thought that the chances of getting an interview from this school were slim to none. I feel extremely glad that I was totally wrong.

Reactions: 7 users
I received an interview invite yesterday. Once I managed to set up my username and password and proceeded to schedule the interview, it showed a message indicating no availability--regardless of what date I selected. I logged in today and noticed that they added few extra days to their interviews schedule. It was very strange. Honestly, I thought that the chances of getting an interview from this school were slim to none. I feel extremely glad that I was totally wrong.

Congratulations! What dates are they scheduling out?

When were you complete, if you don't mind my asking?

Come on, don't write all that and not provide us all the details that truly matter. Interview dates avail, complete date, stats, and if you were modified?

Just noticed that I got modified again (pre-II) on Feb 21... Please Temple, if you're going to reject me, make it quick, enough of this dithering.