2016-2017 Temple University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For people who received acceptances or the continuing candidate status, how did you receive it?
Rec'd acceptance via email on a Monday before any portal update

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if/when Temple does a second look?

Reactions: 1 user
Also interviewed mid-November without hearing anything. Interviewed at main campus.

I've called them, and they said they're really behind this year. I don't think it means anything that you haven't heard yet.

I guess I shouldn't be expecting anything soon. I interviewed early december.

I've called them, and they said they're really behind this year. I don't think it means anything that you haven't heard yet.
Understandable because they receive so many apps. I wonder if we won't hear back until next month

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a letter from Temple today. My parents opened it while I was at work...it was my W-2 lol. At least I can file my taxes! Hoping for good news on Monday!

Accepted today. Interviewed early December. LizzyM 72. Gl everyone !!

Edit: OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Accepted main campus + interviewed early December as well!

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED! FIRST ONE! I'M GONNA BE A DOCTOR! Interviewed early December! So excitied!

Reactions: 16 users
Congrats everyone!! Any IIs left here? And how hard is it to get one as an OOS? LizzyM ~74

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys, so I haven't received an II yet and was complete late Sept. Would it be a bad idea to e-mail admissions saying that I would definitely attend their medical school if chosen, as well as express deep interest for their program? I really love this school.

Hey guys, so I haven't received an II yet and was complete late Sept. Would it be a bad idea to e-mail admissions saying that I would definitely attend their medical school if chosen, as well as express deep interest for their program? I really love this school.
Same position, I emailed them yesterday and they hit me with a generic "Your app is under review, we have over 10,000 applicants, blah blah"

Same position, I emailed them yesterday and they hit me with a generic "Your app is under review, we have over 10,000 applicants, blah blah"
Alright, I'll keep waiting then. Thanks!

A letter of interest probably wouldn't hurt, but I would make it more official than an brief email. This MDapps gives a really great example at the bottom of LOIs that resulted in II --> acceptance.

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a fb group for accepted students? I tried the link someone posted earlier this month but it doesn't work

Accepted via email 1/30!

Interviewed early December.
I sent an in-the-area email and they granted me an interview invite 4 hours later. It can be done! Good luck to y'all.

Reactions: 4 users
Got an II today, but will be declining. OOS LM ~75. Complete back in August.

The remaining interview dates are Feb 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, and 23!

Best of luck everyone.

Reactions: 9 users
Got an II today, but will be declining. OOS LM ~75. Complete back in August.

The remaining interview dates are Feb 9, 14, 15, 16, 21, 22, and 23!

Best of luck everyone.
People like you are truly awesome!

Reactions: 2 users
II just now! Will definitely be attending it :) OOS, LizzyM 74

Reactions: 5 users
Top of the morning, SDN fam! I noticed that my portal was modified yesterday (2/1), and it hasn't been modified since I submitted my app in August. I would like to know if anyone else's portal has been modified recently, and what this could possibly mean. I sent in an update letter last week or two weeks ago, I can't remember, so I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

I notice that there was a wave of IIs earlier this week. To those lucky folks who received invites from Temple, were your portals modified shortly before receiving an interview? Any and all info is much appreciated. Congrats to the people who received IIs this week!

Top of the morning, SDN fam! I noticed that my portal was modified yesterday (2/1), and it hasn't been modified since I submitted my app in August. I would like to know if anyone else's portal has been modified recently, and what this could possibly mean. I sent in an update letter last week or two weeks ago, I can't remember, so I wonder if it has anything to do with that?

I notice that there was a wave of IIs earlier this week. To those lucky folks who received invites from Temple, were your portals modified shortly before receiving an interview? Any and all info is much appreciated. Congrats to the people who received IIs this week!
My portal was modified yesterday as well, but no II. I submitted early November. I find their portal a bit confusing and I'm not sure where any notifications are posted. Will the "completed" remark on the page with the modification info change if you are selected for an II?

My portal was modified yesterday as well, but no II. I submitted early November. I find their portal a bit confusing and I'm not sure where any notifications are posted. Will the "completed" remark on the page with the modification info change if you are selected for an II?
Thanks for the reply. That's a good point - I'm not sure. However, if you scroll all the way down on the home page and click "4. Submit Supplemental Items", and then scroll all the way down again, I have this message: "There are currently no recommendation requests associated with this application." So maybe that area would be updated if you received an II?

Thanks for the reply. That's a good point - I'm not sure. However, if you scroll all the way down on the home page and click "4. Submit Supplemental Items", and then scroll all the way down again, I have this message: "There are currently no recommendation requests associated with this application." So maybe that area would be updated if you received an II?
I have that message as well.

Hey, for what it's worth, I sent an update in December, received an II in January, and my portal/modification date hasn't changed since August. It's a mystery!

+1 to the portal modification

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey, for what it's worth, I sent an update in December, received an II in January, and my portal/modification date hasn't changed since August. It's a mystery!
The whole process is a mystery!

+1 for me as well. Last time it was modified was in august so maybe they're looking at it again? *fingers crossed*

but why would it say "completed" ?
I have only gotten rejections this cycle so I am scared

Modified yesterday as well. I just see this date and status 'completed.' I'm also wondering where an II shows up on the portal?

Temple just show me some love already. Please.

Reactions: 3 users
II this morning! Wow, I was beginning to lose hope. OOS, LizzyM 68, complete early October and sent an update in December.

Reactions: 12 users