-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Universidad Central del Caribe Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last edited:
Got 2ndary
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got my II
When is your interview?
By any chance does someone have a fair guess of how many II have been sent?
Whats a good mcat in this school?
Whats a good mcat in this school?
Hey! According to the MSAR, for the overall score of 2016 entering-class:
- 10th percentile = 21
- Median= 24
- 90th percentile = 28
Cool well I ask via phone and for the new mcat the median was in 493 for last year acceptances.Hey! According to the MSAR, for the overall score of 2016 entering-class:
So I would say that if you have at least a 24, your odds are decent. If it's 28 or higher, you're a top contender.
- 10th percentile = 21
- Median= 24
- 90th percentile = 28
Cool well I ask via phone and for the new mcat the median was in 493 for last year acceptances.
???? What? Ok, are you really sure that they said median? I'm just having a hard time believing that half of the accepted students got 493 (= ~21) or less. That's also a large discrepancy from the MSAR's indicated 498 (= ~24) for 2016's entering class.
Pero si en realidad la media es 493, pues mejor todavía. Gracias por compartir el detalle.
???? What? Ok, are you really sure that they said median? I'm just having a hard time believing that half of the accepted students got 493 (= ~21) or less. That's also a large discrepancy from the MSAR's indicated 498 (= ~24) for 2016's entering class.
Pero si en realidad la media es 493, pues mejor todavía. Gracias por compartir el detalle.
Well thats the puertorican mcat, MSAR's does not have 2016 entering class or does it?
Well thats the puertorican mcat, MSAR's does not have 2016 entering class or does it?
I applied last year and got waitlisted (then rejected), they said that the minimum MCAT score was 494. But, they probably changed their score requirements by now since they might have more accurate statistic regarding the new MCAT scores.
I applied last year and got waitlisted (then rejected), they said that the minimum MCAT score was 494. But, they probably changed their score requirements by now since they might have more accurate statistic regarding the new MCAT scores.
I think you are talking about Ponce
Ok, both of you are confusing things right now. Just for the sake of clarity, I think it's best to say that a 490-493 are bare minimum scores for these schools. All schools will not review scores below 490, with the exception of SJB setting it at 492. It's been consistently computed that 490 is equal to a 19 in the old exam, and RCM even officially recognizes it as a 19 on their Admission's page. I know that everyone here knows how to find these pages, but here are the links for you convenience:
Ponce: http://www.psm.edu/education/md-program/
UCC: http://www.uccaribe.edu/admission/?page_id=1238
RCM: http://md.rcm.upr.edu/md-program/
SJB: http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/school/md-program/requirements.html
For anyone who's still new to this whole debacle about MCAT old vs. new scores, and how to convert them for comparison, here are two reliable sources:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...centile-comparison-conversion-tables.1143689/ (full conversions here)
(Image from Admission Ace website)
Ponce: http://www.psm.edu/education/md-program/
UCC: http://www.uccaribe.edu/admission/?page_id=1238
RCM: http://md.rcm.upr.edu/md-program/
SJB: http://www.sanjuanbautista.edu/school/md-program/requirements.html
For anyone who's still new to this whole debacle about MCAT old vs. new scores, and how to convert them for comparison, here are two reliable sources:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...centile-comparison-conversion-tables.1143689/ (full conversions here)
(Image from Admission Ace website)
Oh, thanks for the info! Wasn't aware of the updated info on some of these pages.
I was just using the emails I had received during last year's application cycle as a guide, without knowing they had posted it online. However, it doesnt change much from what I originally said.
I was just using the emails I had received during last year's application cycle as a guide, without knowing they had posted it online. However, it doesnt change much from what I originally said.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II on Thursday, 11/10. MCAT above 505. Does anyone know if the interview is entirely in Spanish? I know that MMI is used.
It will depend on the station that you enter. The instructions of the station will let you know whether that particular one is in English or Spanish beforehand. Expect half and half.
Edit: Are you OOS?
PS. Congrats btw, and good luck.
Thanks. Yeah, OOS resident. Non-Hispanic. Going to be visiting PR for the first time.It will depend on the station that you enter. The instructions of the station will let you know whether that particular one is in English or Spanish beforehand. Expect half and half.
Edit: Are you OOS?
PS. Congrats btw, and good luck.
Hi guys does anyone know when interviews start ?
Hi guys does anyone know when interviews start ?[/QUOTE
I have an interview for this friday
I have an interview for this fridayHi guys does anyone know when interviews start ?
Oh thanks good luck.I have an interview for this friday
Should I submit my updated transcript since the semester just ended and my GPA improved?
Pretty sure you're supposed to, anyways.
I applied last year and got waitlisted (then rejected), they said that the minimum MCAT score was 494. But, they probably changed their score requirements by now since they might have more accurate statistic regarding the new MCAT scores.
They said thats the Median
II
Are you guys IS? I got an email from admission saying their interview starts from Jan to March.. How come many already went for an interview?
I got that email in December. However, I do know of applicants who interviewed as early as Nov. I am from PR (born and raised and educated (college)). I have been abroad pursuing medical related professional endeavors.Are you guys IS? I got an email from admission saying their interview starts from Jan to March.. How come many already went for an interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed in Nov. and they told me they would notify acceptance in december, but when i called to verify they said they were going to notify acceptance during the last week of january/beginning of february since the committee wasn't going to meet till after recess. Then in Jan they were going to start the 2nd wave of interviews.
I interviewed in Nov. and they told me they would notify acceptance in december, but when i called to verify they said they were going to notify acceptance during the last week of january/beginning of february since the committee wasn't going to meet till after recess. Then in Jan they were going to start the 2nd wave of interviews.
This is very confusing process
You haven't received anything yet?I interviewed in Nov. and they told me they would notify acceptance in december, but when i called to verify they said they were going to notify acceptance during the last week of january/beginning of february since the committee wasn't going to meet till after recess. Then in Jan they were going to start the 2nd wave of interviews.
Not yet. A friend of mine called and apparently they will be notifying between next week and the 1st week of february. Lets hope!You haven't received anything yet?
Well, I got an email from them stating that interviews last from January till March. This was in a Preliminary Revision email they sent out.
Received acceptance letter by mail today! I don't think I received the email saying they would be sending letters out. Best of luck 😀Not yet. A friend of mine called and apparently they will be notifying between next week and the 1st week of february. Lets hope!
Last edited:
I received my acceptance letter on 02/27/17!
Out of state
East coast or west coast of US? I still haven't gotten a decision nor email.I received my acceptance letter on 02/27/17!
Out of state
East coast or west coast of US? I still haven't gotten a decision nor email.
Midwest/North US. Interviewed at the end of January.
Me too +1. Congrats!I received my acceptance letter on 02/27/17!
Out of state
I got my email notification after receiving the letter.Thanks. When did you interview?
I interviewed on 2/17 (OOS)---anyone interview around that time? I wonder when I should expect a reply. Did anyone get a reply by email first? thanks!
Thanks for the response and Congrats!I got my email notification after receiving the letter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did not email the school. The letter arrived before the email notifying that my decision letter was on the way.Interviewed 11/18 with no response. I emailed Edllian and Ima two weeks ago about my status, but still no response. Who did you email, and is anyone else waiting on interview results?
Same here---emailed Irma Cordero and have not received a response yet.Interviewed 11/18 with no response. I emailed Edllian and Ima two weeks ago about my status, but still no response. Who did you email, and is anyone else waiting on interview results?
Put on WL/ "lista alternativa" yesterday, 3/6. 508 MCAT. OOS, non-Hispanic.
wow, you have good numbers! why alternative list!