2016-2017 Wayne State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That was fast turnaround for 1/13 people. Did anyone from 12/19 hear back yet? And do waitlist emails come out the same day as acceptance emails?
I interviewed 12/19 and havent heard anything yet. Im pretty sure this exact same thing happened in mid december with those who interviewed in early december finding out before those who interviewed in november

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Froday december 2nd accceptances. Monday dec 5th waitlists.
Well, thats discouraging. I'm going to stay optimistic though. Goin for that Monday acceptance :luck::luck::luck::luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Got word yesterday that additional interview dates have been added to the calendar so Admissions can reach their 1,000-interview goal. I don't know why they didn't have these dates set well in advance (at least on the tour guides' end) since they've been talking about upping the interviews this year for months. Five dates have been added through the end of February. That's about 150-175 more slots based on what I've seen. Hope those of you agonizing on this forum get them if they haven't been assigned already!

Got word yesterday that additional interview dates have been added to the calendar so Admissions can reach their 1,000-interview goal. I don't know why they didn't have these dates set well in advance (at least on the tour guides' end) since they've been talking about upping the interviews this year for months. Five dates have been added through the end of February. That's about 150-175 more slots based on what I've seen. Hope those of you agonizing on this forum get them if they haven't been assigned already!
Yup can confirm when I logged on there were 5 dates through the end of Feb. Do you know if/when they will update their darn admissions tracker?

What does it mean if your status reads "Med School in for Review (MR)"? Also, in terms of the task checklist on the home page of your portal, the only tasks that should currently be unchecked are the ones for official college transcripts right?

What does it mean if your status reads "Med School in for Review (MR)"? Also, in terms of the task checklist on the home page of your portal, the only tasks that should currently be unchecked are the ones for official college transcripts right?
MR means your app is still being reviewed and no decision has been made. It will change to "Med School Invite to Interview (MV)" after they offer an interview spot. And yeah, if everything is checked but the official college transcript box then you're totally fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone get a decision today? I still havent heard anything and it's killing me.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if Wayne is actually changing up their curriculum to organs-based? I heard something vaguely referring to it at II day, but I never got anything about it in my acceptance package adn the website isn't updated at all. Did this end up being a forsure thing or are they still kind of considering it?

Anyone know if Wayne is actually changing up their curriculum to organs-based? I heard something vaguely referring to it at II day, but I never got anything about it in my acceptance package adn the website isn't updated at all. Did this end up being a forsure thing or are they still kind of considering it?
They are still working to solidify this curriculum. It's targeted for the entering 2018 class.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using SDN mobile

They are still working to solidify this curriculum. It's targeted for the entering 2018 class.

That's interesting. They told us we would be the first class. Guess I'm happy to not be a guinea pig even though I think systems based is inherently more interesting

If I was waitlisted back in December what are my chances of getting off? Is there big waitlist movement here?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Could really use some advice about prepping for Wayne's interview!?? Any suggestions to get started. is it open file?

Could really use some advice about prepping for Wayne's interview!?? Any suggestions to get started. is it open file?
Yes, my interviewer had my application for an entire weekend. He knew so much about me. It was really cool to discuss things he's already familiar with.

Interesting,
Yes, my interviewer had my application for an entire weekend. He knew so much about me. It was really cool to discuss things he's already familiar with.
Oh dang that's kinda cool! So they won't ask unnecessary questions that they would have already known from reading my app.

How do we accept? I haven't received anything in the mail yet so I was just curious on the timeframe we have to accept our offers?

Open file + MMI. MMI is really short tho, compared to some other MMIs I've encountered.

How do we accept? I haven't received anything in the mail yet so I was just curious on the timeframe we have to accept our offers?

If you activate your Wayne email address/log in to it, you'll see an email with a link to accept. Not sure if it's related or just a coincidence, but I got my stuff in the mail a few days after I logged into the Wayne email and accepted the offer. Not sure about the timeframe, though.

Does Wayne send rejections post-interview or just acceptances and waitlists?

Just waitlists. Which is the frustrating part of it all......

Not to mention that they're interviewing a thousand people this cycle. So although Wayne was known for fast waitlist movement, it's going to be worse than previous cycles since they're seeing so many more people.

Admission Committee is holding a meeting as I type this comment

Yes; they want you to use the upload system available in their portal. I asked about updates a little over a month ago to verify.

Thanks for the info! Are the letters looked highly upon, or would they not really impact your application?

Does Wayne send rejections post-interview or just acceptances and waitlists?
Asiago, two or three posts above your own, says that they do send rejections post-interview, even though we don't apparently see any on SDN, which means we (the waitlist crowd) may be part of a select group of those 500 or 600 that got interviewed or will get interviewed and were not accepted. Of course, because we don't see any rejections post interview on SDN, it might be fair to assume that they don't send too many really, which would mean that we would not be that select after all and our chances may not be that good after all....Nothing to do but wonder and wait...and, in my case, attempt to improve my application for next year. :(

Asiago, two or three posts above your own, says that they do send rejections post-interview, even though we don't apparently see any on SDN, which means we (the waitlist crowd) may be part of a select group of those 500 or 600 that got interviewed or will get interviewed and were not accepted. Of course, because we don't see any rejections post interview on SDN, it might be fair to assume that they don't send too many really, which would mean that we would not be that select after all and our chances may not be that good after all....Nothing to do but wonder and wait...and, in my case, attempt to improve my application for next year. :(

I think another fair assumption is just that not everyone posts on/updates others on SDN. I know many people who have never bothered to create an account here.

I think another fair assumption is just that not everyone posts on/updates others on SDN. I know many people who have never bothered to create an account here.
I think another fair assumption to make is that when people are rejected post-interview, they are even less likely to consider coming to SDN with bad news. Rejection updates by waitlistees would be less frequent anyway.

So I talked to the person I did my 1-on-1 interviews with and he said that "we were told by our vice-dean of education Dr. Baker that incoming class will have same 2016 curriculum".

Reactions: 3 users

Wow really? I got the impression that my interviewer was seeing my file for the first time during my interview, they spent the majority of the time looking down at my application reading it and really didn't ask me many good questions that allowed me to show them who I am beyond my application. I was pretty upset about it afterwards. It worries me a lot that there can be this much discrepancy between interviewers. I don't know what to make of this....