2016-2017 Wayne State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
kk. Just a suggestion, as you've posted a whole lotta posts about 1/20. :) Good luck!

Haha yeah, I did, just eager to hear back that's all. Your suggestion was a good one, thanks for all the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Haha yeah, I did, just eager to hear back that's all. Your suggestion was a good one, thanks for all the help!
No worries- maybe you're in and they're holding on to the extra acceptances for tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you- let us know how it goes!

No worries- maybe you're in and they're holding on to the extra acceptances for tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you- let us know how it goes!
Ahh thank you :) I'll definitely let you guys know

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted students: has your "criminal background check" checkbox been checked on your appstatus yet? I did mine about a month ago and it hasn't updated yet. I emailed them last week but haven't heard anything yet.

To everyone on the waitlist. It feels like 75% of the class (including myself) got in off the waitlist. Know several people who got in from May (me)-one week before classes started.

While I know it is difficult to wait on a decision, just remember you aren't out of luck just yet.

Reactions: 5 users
To everyone on the waitlist. It feels like 75% of the class (including myself) got in off the waitlist. Know several people who got in from May (me)-one week before classes started.

While I know it is difficult to wait on a decision, just remember you aren't out of luck just yet.

Thanks for the encouragement! Was it difficult finding a place close to campus after getting accepted so late?

Thanks for the encouragement! Was it difficult finding a place close to campus after getting accepted so late?

Not OP. Your class will send out a google document talking about living situations and places to rent. Also, your facebook page will get tons of postings from fellow M1s and above asking if you want to move in with them or take over their contract. Don't fret.

Members don't see this ad :)
Seems like we won't be hearing back today 1/30 group...

There's still plenty of day left. My acceptance email is timestamped 12:07 pm PST (3:07 EST)

To add to that, my wait list email is timestamped as 3:47 pm EST.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah I haven't heard back yet either. But seeing so many 1/30 people also saying they didn't, makes me wonder if they had so many apps to review that it got pushed to the next date. I know that in the past acceptances were sent on Friday and waitlists on Monday but seeing that both have gone out already I can't be sure that's the case this time.

I'm sure the people in silence will likely have their decisions delayed to the next round of acceptances. Last year I was told I would receive my decision at the end of October, but all these people from earlier interview dates heard back a day earlier than we expected. The next day we received an email that our decisions would be delayed till November. Look out for that email if you interviewed later than the people that heard.

I'm sure the people in silence will likely have their decisions delayed to the next round of acceptances. Last year I was told I would receive my decision at the end of October, but all these people from earlier interview dates heard back a day earlier than we expected. The next day we received an email that our decisions would be delayed till November. Look out for that email if you interviewed later than the people that heard.
Thanks! I didn't get that email and those who interviewed on my day heard back...my portal still says Med School Invite to Interview. not sure what this means.

Well, today was very anti-climatic... at least for us 1/30 interviewees.

What are your experiences?
I'm sorry if I'm out of line, but I think you should stop prying for information.

Knowing his whole life story is not going to help either of you get off the waitlist. There's really no need to compare. But if you chose to do so, just pm each other.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sorry if I'm out of line, but I think you should stop prying for information.

Knowing his whole life story is not going to help either of you get off the waitlist. There's really no need to compare. But if you chose to do so, just pm each other.

I don't think that's your concern I can do what I want and he is welcome to refuse.

I am not comparing anything I am simply seeing potential areas of weakness that they look for.

I don't think that's your concern I can do what I want and he is welcome to refuse.

I am not comparing anything I am simply seeing potential areas of weakness that they look for.
He is a she. Let's just say my clinical volunteering isn't the best due to working almost a full time job during undergrad.

My Portal updated today- Says MRX -med school rejected. Good luck to everyone else out there.

My Portal updated today- Says MRX -med school rejected. Good luck to everyone else out there.
Had you previously interviewed? Either way, I'm sorry to hear that, I hope you've had luck elsewhere!

Are there any others still in MR status? Are we waiting on a final batch or two of II's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

My app is still MR, since July 20th. Wayne and Cmed are the only schools left that haven't given me an answer in some form or another

Are there any others still in MR status? Are we waiting on a final batch or two of II's?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile
Me! when I saw the post about MRX this morning, I immediately checked my portal and just checked again...let's hope those who are still MR are getting those lucky last II's!

Me! when I saw the post about MRX this morning, I immediately checked my portal and just checked again...let's hope those who are still MR are getting those lucky last II's!

I already paid a deposit for msucom but if Wayne offered me an II then acceptance it would be such a difficult decision, I really don't know what I would do lol

I already paid a deposit for msucom but if Wayne offered me an II then acceptance it would be such a difficult decision, I really don't know what I would do lol

I hope that ends up happening to you haha In the end you'll pick the right school that fits your personality and goals and you'll do great! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I didn't even get one. Which was weird since I had one last year and I have completed my masters since then.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

When did you complete your secondary? Did you rewrite your personal statement and secondaries, or did you reuse yours from last year maybe?

For those who have interviewed.. can I bring a backpack to put my wallet and keys and things? Is there a locker to store stuff like this?

For those who have interviewed.. can I bring a backpack to put my wallet and keys and things? Is there a locker to store stuff like this?

No locker but there is a U-shaped coat rack area in the admissions office where quite a few people left their luggage with no issues.