2016-2017 Wayne State University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I never heard back or spoke to admissions.

Just messing with you people lolololol.

Members don't see this ad.

I was entertaining myself. I'm sorry.

Will you forgive my sins? I come forth in sight of Gods and men!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So just to clarify: are we still expecting to hear back next week and not anytime this week?

So just to clarify: are we still expecting to hear back next week and not anytime this week?
If you guys got lumped into the next round of offers, I would think unfortunately next week is more likely :(

If you guys got lumped into the next round of offers, I would think unfortunately next week is more likely :(
Ah, the suspense. But thanks for letting me know. Good luck next week, hopefully you hear back too!

I never heard back or spoke to admissions.

Just messing with you people lolololol.
lol, well you didn't have me fooled, even before I called the office myself. Also when you said they have "too many in-state students" I knew something was up.

Judging by A) Made an account less than two weeks ago and B) His/her post history we should have known.

An email I received today: "Beginning in Fall 2017, students of the Class of 2021 will be assigned to one of 8 “Wayne Houses,” where they will learn “everything about being a doctor except the science.” Students in coming years will be assigned as they enter WSUSOM, so that the Houses will have students from all four years. The Wayne Houses will engage students with a sense of personal membership, and provide an opportunity develop professional skills that will support their overall success in medical school. Wayne Houses will require physician and pre-clinical faculty members to support the Wayne House curriculum: Profession of Medicine."

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
An email I received today: "Beginning in Fall 2017, students of the Class of 2021 will be assigned to one of 8 “Wayne Houses,” where they will learn “everything about being a doctor except the science.” Students in coming years will be assigned as they enter WSUSOM, so that the Houses will have students from all four years. The Wayne Houses will engage students with a sense of personal membership, and provide an opportunity develop professional skills that will support their overall success in medical school. Wayne Houses will require physician and pre-clinical faculty members to support the Wayne House curriculum: Profession of Medicine."
So, like, will a sorting hat situation take place?

Reactions: 9 users

UM and MSU have new "houses" too. They have four each, since they're smaller, though. I guess this is one of those new things everyone's trying out now.

Any international students know anything about financial aid here? Are there merit based scholarships? And do we have to apply ahead of time or are they given out? Thanks in advance!

Literally just asked this at the virtual fair. There is nothing as far as aids or scholarship of any sort for international students.

Dang... are you in the same boat?

Is that a big factor in your decision?
We can't do FAFSA either right?

Hay guys

Anyone still MR on their portal ? I submitted Nov 22 so I know that's super late. But I called last week and they said last interview will be Feb 27th
I called and got the most BS answer she's like you will hear back at the end of the month or tomorrow.

Last edited:
where is the virtual Fair being held??!! Is at Mazurek?

Hay guys

Anyone still MR on their portal ? I submitted Nov 22 so I know that's super late. But I called last week and they said last interview will be Feb 27th
I called and got the most BS answer she's like you will hear back at the end of the month or tomorrow.
That's not really a BS answer....She's likely a receptionist- who when I was there were like students/student-age, so she gave you the answer she had.

But to be honest, you applied really late and its pretty late in the game. You might get lucky, but if I were you, I'd be expecting a rejection coming soon

Reactions: 1 user
Hay guys

MR since July 27. I assume the "tomorrow" answer means they will send their last ~50 interviews out tomorrow, and will send rejections out the 27th...

well the director of enrollment managements just mentioned that they are done with interview scheduling this year. I guess those of us who are still MR will be getting our rejections soon =(

well the director of enrollment managements just mentioned that they are done with interview scheduling this year. I guess those of us who are still MR will be getting our rejections soon =(

Wonder what happened to those last 50-60 IIs that were supposed to come out mid-February?!?! If they were in fact given out, I'd imagine that at least one person on SDN would have received one.

Wonder what happened to those last 50-60 IIs that were supposed to come out mid-February?!?! If they were in fact given out, I'd imagine that at least one person on SDN would have received one.
yea I'm thoroughly confused and anxious at the same time. I guess we just need to try to relax and just let whatever happens happen? Maybe the director said that they're done deciding who to send out IIs and that they're being sent out soon? IDK I'm going to try not to think too much into it and just go and stuff my face with pizza

That's not really a BS answer....She's likely a receptionist- who when I was there were like students/student-age, so she gave you the answer she had.

But to be honest, you applied really late and its pretty late in the game. You might get lucky, but if I were you, I'd be expecting a rejection coming soon

Yes you're right I was projecting my frustrations onto her. Thanks for your answer best of luck on your apps

MR since July 27. I assume the "tomorrow" answer means they will send their last ~50 interviews out tomorrow, and will send rejections out the 27th...
You're probably right !!!! So we'll see I guess another day of refreshing the portal and eating chocolate ،

You're probably right !!!! So we'll see I guess another day of refreshing the portal and eating chocolate ،
I literally refresh my email/portal every 3 minutes so I feel you -_-

womp so silence yesterday...what does this all mean?????

Is wayne switching to organ systems this upcoming year? It seems like they switched to learning communities / houses already. I hope they are not changing the attendance policy.

Is wayne switching to organ systems this upcoming year? It seems like they switched to learning communities / houses already. I hope they are not changing the attendance policy.
I asked during my interview and he said it's "moving in that direction" but will be implemented for class entering 2018.

I asked during my interview and he said it's "moving in that direction" but will be implemented for class entering 2018.
I just want to watch classes from my room in my underwear at 2x speed for the first two years.

I called admissions 2 weeks ago and was told that they will be sending the last batch of interviews this past week. Did anyone receive an interview?

Has anyone heard when they may start admitting people off the waitlist?

To anyone still waiting for an interview: I called and was told they will not be sending out anymore interviews.

Sorry for the bitter truth.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone!
So quick question: if one gets an interview, does the admissions committee accept someone or waitlist them? I never heard of any instances where one got an II and got rejected from the program without getting waitlised first. Any feedback or thoughts?

Got Interviewed October 28th and waitlisted December 5th. Sitting on the edge of my seat!!!

Hey everyone!
So quick question: if one gets an interview, does the admissions committee accept someone or waitlist them? I never heard of any instances where one got an II and got rejected from the program without getting waitlised first. Any feedback or thoughts?
I think the general consensus is that Wayne doesn't reject post-interview, but rather has a giant waitlist. For people high up, it's a very good chance of being pulled off (Wayne has a lot of WL movement) but sometimes it can just be a polite rejection, from what I understand.