2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lol.. ya.. kinda was expecting to hear from them soon.. wonder what's taking them so long.. :S

Members don't see this ad.

No I haven't heard anything from them yet .. just asking if anyone did hear back from them
yeah!!! haha everyone thought you got interview since you said anyone else ~~~~hahhahaah

argh im so noob at using forums, sorry for the spam post ><

Members don't see this ad :)
ipbp interviews should be separate from regular applicants. regular applicants should have interview invitations soon. hopefully next week.

Did anyone receive an email saying your application is complete and will be under evaluation? Or some sort of indication that you have met their pre-reqs? I haven't gotten anything. Although my application materials have been received according to their website.

Did anyone receive an email saying your application is complete and will be under evaluation? Or some sort of indication that you have met their pre-reqs? I haven't gotten anything. Although my application materials have been received according to their website.

Yup. I got an email saying that first, they got my application. Then afterwards, they sent me an email saying that my application is ready for evaluation.

Yup. I got an email saying that first, they got my application. Then afterwards, they sent me an email saying that my application is ready for evaluation.

I only received the email that they received my application. When did you submit your supplementary app?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here .. I hope we will hear back from them after thanksgiving

Same here .. I hope we will hear back from them after thanksgiving
Guys , how is ur stats? my accum GPA is 3.55 and I submit my supplemantery application in late July ,.... I am afraid I dont get an interview... I got the interview for USC... but I am not sure what are they looking for in western...every thing is getting weird in this year....:xf:

Guys , how is ur stats? my accum GPA is 3.55 and I submit my supplemantery application in late July ,.... I am afraid I dont get an interview... I got the interview for USC... but I am not sure what are they looking for in western...every thing is getting weird in this year....:xf:

No one has gotten an interview, besides the internationals, so it's too early to determine what they are looking for.

Good luck though :xf:

I got a call this morning and they said I got invited to interview on December 10th. I think they are beginning to do so.

I just missed a call from Danielle at Western University. Called back and had to leave a message on her voicemail. Has anyone received a call?? :xf:

I got a call this morning and they said I got invited to interview on December 10th. I think they are beginning to do so.

I stand corrected. What are your guy's stats and when did you turn in your supplemental?

I got a call from danielle as well at 11 am. I missed it, I called her back and left a message...

I couldn't wait for her to call me back, so I called again and was offered an interview. Try calling again if you left a message. :)

I couldn't wait for her to call me back, so I called again and was offered an interview. Try calling again if you left a message. :)

Missed the call because I was in a meeting :( She didnt say what it is about.

Congrats to those getting interviews. What're you guy's stats and when did you submit secondaries?

Congrats to those getting interviews. What're you guy's stats and when did you submit secondaries?

Technically I didn't get an interview invite yet since I didnt speak to her yet. But I actually submitted my supplemental before their system is even functional lol, made them activated back in July.

Technically I didn't get an interview invite yet since I didnt speak to her yet. But I actually submitted my supplemental before their system is even functional lol, made them activated back in July.

Lol. Good job on that! :) And I'm sure that it's good news! Congrats again!

Well my undergrad GPA is like 3.2 but i have a Master's as well. No pharm experience besides volunteering and submitted sec. in early October.

Well my undergrad GPA is like 3.2 but i have a Master's as well. No pharm experience besides volunteering and submitted sec. in early October.
Congratz ... I hope I can get one too...:xf:

for those who received an interview offer, what does your "status" show as in the application checklist? mine is blank. I had my documents received by late August.

for those who received an interview offer, what does your "status" show as in the application checklist? mine is blank. I had my documents received by late August.

Exactly the same as before the interview invite lol.
Plus, Danielle said you will get an email in a week or so and knowing how slow Western process their applicants and things...status will not change soon

yaa same here mine use to say completed but now it got changed to blank... weird maybe I call them tomorrow.....

Just got a phone call for the Dec. 10th interview!! good luck everyone...:)

anyone have the link to check your status online? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

yaa same here mine use to say completed but now it got changed to blank... weird maybe I call them tomorrow.....

From what I recall, mine was always blank. I had the "received" dates and "notes," but "status" was always blank...at least the last time I checked.

I submitted my secondary app on 9/14 according to the checklist and received the interview invitation today.

Do you guys know approximately how many people are interviewed per day by Western? (in case someone browsed last cycle's thread)

8am-12pm is a long time lol

From what I recall, mine was always blank. I had the "received" dates and "notes," but "status" was always blank...at least the last time I checked.

I submitted my secondary app on 9/14 according to the checklist and received the interview invitation today.

thanks for the info!! i guess i will just wait for some news. hopefully they will still give more interview offers this week.

Do you guys know approximately how many people are interviewed per day by Western? (in case someone browsed last cycle's thread)

8am-12pm is a long time lol

I read in last year's thread that it was about 100 per interview date. Makes sense, since their website says they interview about 400 applicants total. But this year, there are only three interview dates as opposed to four last year.

thanks for the info!! i guess i will just wait for some news. hopefully they will still give more interview offers this week.

No problem! I'm sure they'll continue to invite throughout the next couple of weeks. Last year, someone received the invitation four days prior to the interview! I think it was the first interview date too...not 100% sure though.

No problem! I'm sure they'll continue to invite throughout the next couple of weeks. Last year, someone received the invitation four days prior to the interview! I think it was the first interview date too...not 100% sure though.

I called them early this morning before they start making phone calls, she told me they have just received the list so they will call people starting today ,tomorrow and early next week...and she told me they are inviting over than 100 people....

Was anyone able to talk to Danielle at 2 pm or after?? I missed her call at 11 am, she left me a voicemail to call her back. At 11:50 when I got out of class, I tried calling her but didn't reach her...I left a message saying I'll try to call again at 2 when I get out of my second class. At 2 pm when I got out, I called her again but no pickup, so I left her another message saying I'm out of class now and will wait for her call. I tried calling 4-5 times after that but no pickup. GRRRRRR!!! Now I'm scared my interview went to someone else just because I didn't pick up my stupid phone :(

Was anyone able to talk to Danielle at 2 pm or after?? I missed her call at 11 am, she left me a voicemail to call her back. At 11:50 when I got out of class, I tried calling her but didn't reach her...I left a message saying I'll try to call again at 2 when I get out of my second class. At 2 pm when I got out, I called her again but no pickup, so I left her another message saying I'm out of class now and will wait for her call. I tried calling 4-5 times after that but no pickup. GRRRRRR!!! Now I'm scared my interview went to someone else just because I didn't pick up my stupid phone :(

I dont think she pass on your invite just because you did not pick up. I spoke to her around 2:30 when I called her back. I'm sure she is very busy handling a list of over 100 applicants. I would call again tomorrow.

Good luck!

I would agree..DON'T PANIC!! you got your interview offer..some people might be in the same shoes as you (like those who are out of school and are working)..so they wouldn't be able to pick up phone calls either. Just make sure you call them soon.. (probably not during lunch time). Also, don't try to annoy them by making many phone calls. It may look bad on your part.

yay she called me back today and offered an interview for Dec 10 :D

sure, I got my BA from UCSD in 2010 with a cumulative GPA of 3.5. My prereqs GPA is 3.3-3.4 I think. I have a lot of classes pending now so I was pleasantly surprised to get an interview without sending in my fall semester grades and updates. I did submit 4 rec letters (really good ones I think) and have a lot of work/internship experience. Yay! I really like Western, I went to one of their preview days and was really happy. Whoever hasn't gone to one, should make the effort!

Last edited:
sure, I got my BA from UCSD in 2010 with a cumulative GPA of 3.5. My prereqs GPA is 3.3-3.4 I think. I have a lot of classes pending now so I was pleasantly surprised to get an interview without sending in my fall semester grades and updates. I did submit 4 rec letters (really good ones I think) and have a lot of work/internship experience. Yay! I really like Western, I went to one of their preview days and was really happy. Whoever hasn't gone to one, should make the effort!

lool thats funny ur stats is exactly like mine ,but I am from UCI with cumulative GPA 3.55...the rest is the same ....I hope I can get interview too :xf:when did u submit ur supplementary and PharmCas?

oh cool! didnt you get an interview to usc though? I submitted my pharmcas mid-August, my GPA calculations were made on Sep 9. As for supplemental, I don't have the link where you can check on the status of your application otherwise I would look there to see the date where they received everything, but I'm pretty sure it was late Aug/early Sept that I had it sent...