2017-2018 Creighton University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm assuming only a couple spots are open, from their interview day the packet they gave said they extend 396 offers for 154 slots, and I'm guessing the majority of those offers are sent before May but I've heard they usually have between 6-10 kids from the wait-list as a rough estimate from current students I know there.

Members don't see this ad.

I got 2 emails from the Dean generic seeming. The one with all the info and then one correcting it saying the class actually isn’t full.

They said this to us too and I took it to mean including WL people. And the kids I met at M0 dinner said they are known for a lot of WL movement. So I’m hopeful.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sudden waves and waves of anxiety today knowing the day is near.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything yet today? Those waves of anxiety are getting a little more intense^

Has anyone heard anything yet today? Those waves of anxiety are getting a little more intense^
I would be very surprised if anyone got news today.

...but that hasn't stopped me from hitting refresh on my email frantically.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone check your portals. I remember reading back at the last thread that people who were accepted had the "A decision has been made on your application" removed from the portal the night before

No news, not removed, no email. I’ve checked about 12 times today on the portal and probably checked my email 100... and I’m on vacation

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted today off waitlist via phone call

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted via phone call today too!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted off the waitlist early this morning!

Do we know whether the class is full at this point?
How are waitlist offers being done?

Do we know whether the class is full at this point?
How are waitlist offers being done?
I emailed them updated contact info & their response email mentioned that the class is currently full but will be accepting students on rolling basis as spots open up.

You think still?

Is it bad to call and say I’m holding out because they are really my top choice but I want to know how realistic my chances are because I have to make a housing deposit elsewhere

You think still?

Is it bad to call and say I’m holding out because they are really my top choice but I want to know how realistic my chances are because I have to make a housing deposit elsewhere
I would sent a letter of intent over a call such as that... If it truly is your top choice then I would do everything possible to heighten the probablity of acceptance though.

It’s really my top choice by a lot.
Like I would go until the last day.
I’m just getting really anxious because I’m in limbo with not knowing whether to commit to an apartment elsewhere and I don’t want to pull the rug out from someone I commit to live with last minut
And I’m living out of the country so I won’t be able to even see my place until I move in.
Just stressing

It’s really my top choice by a lot.
Like I would go until the last day.
I’m just getting really anxious because I’m in limbo with not knowing whether to commit to an apartment elsewhere and I don’t want to pull the rug out from someone I commit to live with last minute
And I’m living out of the country so I won’t be able to even see my place until I move in.
Just stressing

So at this point, they're probably waiting for students in situations similar to yours, holding Creighton acceptances but looking to go elsewhere if allowed. That means its probably difficult to know exactly how many spots there will be I personally see it only as a benefit for you to provide an activity update, spring grade update, letter of intent, and even the phone call wouldn't be bad, you'd just need to be careful with how you present your argument. The LAST thing you want to do is come off like, "are you giving me a spot or not because I need to put down my money elsewhere." It has to be a more respectful and thought out. So that's my warning when it comes to phone calls, it is easier to sound stupid than over an email where what you're saying can be proofread and perfected.

I have no idea what our current admissions status is like, but I do know a couple people in our class who were admitted later in the summer so I suppose anything can happen!

Best of luck, I'm rooting for you!

Just withdrew my acceptance! Good luck!! :)

I just got an email from the School of Medicine with the subject "Welcoming the MD Class of 2022" and I thought I had been accepted. It turned out to be an ad to encourage me to buy a stethoscope for an incoming med student. You did me dirty, Creighton.

Waitlisted there and I’m sure glad I didn’t get that
Best of luck

Do we need to buy stethoscopes or any instruments in advance? Or do we get them during orientation?

Do we need to buy stethoscopes or any instruments in advance? Or do we get them during orientation?

If it is like last year, we were given a Littman stethoscope during the white coat ceremony and then received additional instruments (like a percussion/reflex hammer, tuning fork, BP cuff) I believe the week after orientation.
You will also receive your computer during orientation week.

If it is like last year, we were given a Littman stethoscope during the white coat ceremony and then received additional instruments (like a percussion/reflex hammer, tuning fork, BP cuff) I believe the week after orientation.
You will also receive your computer during orientation week.

Awesome, thanks! In regards to the computer, is there any way to like opt out of the program? I bought basically the same laptop we are going to be given just a little bigger about a year ago and don't really need or want 2 of these things haha

Awesome, thanks! In regards to the computer, is there any way to like opt out of the program? I bought basically the same laptop we are going to be given just a little bigger about a year ago and don't really need or want 2 of these things haha

No there isn't a way to opt it for which there are valid reasons.

Reasoning being is by giving everyone a computer they can ensure all software downloaded with it complies with the required testing/education software and they have a way to regulate the software on your computer. You might say to yourself "that's dumb, i could just download this on my computer, but theres all kinds of crap that affects it. As an example, New MacOS software updates aren't immediately compatible with certain software so they will automatically update on everyones computer after a reviewal process.

In addition when we had to access NBME exams which required us to sign into different computer profiles which I don't know how would be done if the administration didn't have remote access to install the proper software/drivers or whatever.

In the past students did bring whatever laptop they had but it constantly caused problems with using the required software. Forcing everyone to buy a computer is an easy way around this. Fortunately, mac's retain their price relatively well so you can always sell upon graduating.

I sold my old 1 and just use the new mac. Other students use the new mac exclusively for testing and retain their old computer for everything else. All up to you.

Reasoning being is by giving everyone a computer they can ensure all software downloaded with it complies with the required testing/education software and they have a way to regulate the software on your computer. You might say to yourself "that's dumb, i could just download this on my computer, but theres all kinds of crap that affects it. As an example, New MacOS software updates aren't immediately compatible with certain software so they will automatically update on everyones computer after a reviewal process.

In addition when we had to access NBME exams which required us to sign into different computer profiles which I don't know how would be done if the administration didn't have remote access to install the proper software/drivers or whatever.

In the past students did bring whatever laptop they had but it constantly caused problems with using the required software. Forcing everyone to buy a computer is an easy way around this. Fortunately, mac's retain their price relatively well so you can always sell upon graduating.

I sold my old 1 and just use the new mac. Other students use the new mac exclusively for testing and retain their old computer for everything else. All up to you.

Awesome, alright. Thank you! I guess I'll try to sell my old one. Thanks again!!

Do you know what laptop we are receiving?

Just got the call this morning. This has been my top choice for quite some time and I cannot believe this moment finally came. Hang in there everyone!!!

Withdrew my acceptance today! Hope it goes to one of you! :)

Interviewed and WL at both of those places but I preferred Creighton tho I enjoyed my interviews at both

Seems like most incoming M1s on Facebook have already found housing.

If anybody is still looking for housing, PM me!

I got put on the "alternate list" after my interview with a 505 MCAT. In the email from admissions, they said we could contact admissions pertaining as to why we were put on the alternate list, and I was told flat-out that it was because of my MCAT score. They also said that everything else looked great and that my interviewers spoke highly of me. This was pretty disappointing, as I didn't think MCAT score would be the sole reason for not getting accepted post-interview, but such is life.

do you remember if Creighton had a strict subsection screen?