2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Good luck to everyone interviewing! I've been under review for a month. Getting worried haha

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing! I've been under review for a month. Getting worried haha

Me too! Both schools haven't gotten back to me and I can't figure out why it's taking them so long to make a decision! It is early though.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
i submitted my secondary app over a month ago, and have an interview coming up and cant remember at all what the short secondary was, (questions, extra info) etc. Can someone please help?

edit: also, will adcom think you're not that interested in the school if you opt to find out in november rather than october?? It seems the only reason theres two options is to buy more time to place your deposit $$

Reactions: 1 user
i submitted my secondary app over a month ago, and have an interview coming up and cant remember at all what the short secondary was, (questions, extra info) etc. Can someone please help?

edit: also, will adcom think you're not that interested in the school if you opt to find out in november rather than october?? It seems the only reason theres two options is to buy more time to place your deposit $$
I wanna say that there wasn't any short answers. It was mainly just picking which campus was your preference. But there may have been some short answers on the AACOMAS application when you select which classes match up with what possibly? You can check that by downloading your application on the AACOMAS website for that school. Good luck on your interview!

I've noticed that people mention the AIS score, but nobody has been discussing it that much.
I applied recently and got the email that my mcat was below the 40% and to submit my SAT/ACT score. I did this and then I got the secondary link, filled it out and submitted it.
I have a cumulative GPA of 3.66 and a science GPA of 3.81. Tons of extra curriculars/volunteering and am even published. My mcat, however, is just very very low. Even though they have my AIS score, I wonder if they'll still look at the mcat and just send rejection. Has anyone else heard any good news about AIS?

What was timeframe between submitting to AACOMAS and getting secondary? I was waitlisted here last app cycle and am eager to submit at the hopes of getting a seat this year!

How long after submitting your primary did you get your portal information?

I've noticed that people mention the AIS score, but nobody has been discussing it that much.
I applied recently and got the email that my mcat was below the 40% and to submit my SAT/ACT score. I did this and then I got the secondary link, filled it out and submitted it.
I have a cumulative GPA of 3.66 and a science GPA of 3.81. Tons of extra curriculars/volunteering and am even published. My mcat, however, is just very very low. Even though they have my AIS score, I wonder if they'll still look at the mcat and just send rejection. Has anyone else heard any good news about AIS?

I mean if you were able to receive the secondary after submitting the AIS score, I would say be optimistic. They would not advertise it as an admission criteria if they didn't seriously consider it, I dont think.

Hey Everyone! I have an interview on August 11 at Erie! This is my second cycle and my first interview ever! I am looking for some advice. What, if anything, do I need to bring with me to the interview, i.e. resumes, LOR's, etc.? What is the format, i.e. tour of school, individual interview, group interview, etc.? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Good luck everyone!

Interview tomorrow! I'll bring back info. Gosh driving 883 miles in one day nuts!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey Everyone! I have an interview on August 11 at Erie! This is my second cycle and my first interview ever! I am looking for some advice. What, if anything, do I need to bring with me to the interview, i.e. resumes, LOR's, etc.? What is the format, i.e. tour of school, individual interview, group interview, etc.? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Good luck everyone!

You can find most of that info on the school's website. Bring your resume, and a print out of your application to go over activities (to your hotel room not the actual interview) etc, prepare answers for the most expected questions, come up with 2-3 questions about the school, sleep, wake up, eat, go kick butt then return home to wait on your acceptance. :clap:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

I had received in interview based on AIS last year. My MCAT score wasn't released yet so I decided to go ahead and apply. Ended up on alt list, but yes it is definitely worth pursuing.

I have an interview tomorrow and they didnt give any other instructions besides arrive at 8am! No directions for a building or what room to go to. can anyone help me find this info? The interview faq on their website didnt...
Call them. Med schools expect us all to behave as independent, mature, individuals. They definitely made a mistake, but take initiative and show you can be calm and collected and do the mature thing (especially since our generation hates to make phone calls). Could actually help your case. Have a friends father who is a DO who's luggage got lost on his way to interview many years ago. He owned it though, called them, apologized, and showed up in shorts and a t-shirt -- they called him back 3 days later and offered him a spot because they loved how he handled it. Embrace this opportunity, and GOOD LUCK!

Call them. Med schools expect us all to behave as independent, mature, individuals. They definitely made a mistake, but take initiative and show you can be calm and collected and do the mature thing (especially since our generation hates to make phone calls). Could actually help your case. Have a friends father who is a DO who's luggage got lost on his way to interview many years ago. He owned it though, called them, apologized, and showed up in shorts and a t-shirt -- they called him back 3 days later and offered him a spot because they loved how he handled it. Embrace this opportunity, and GOOD LUCK!
wow that is great advice!! Thank you!! It was actually my fault, because the info was not in any recent emails, only in the original email they sent weeks ago. I appreciate your help!

wow that is great advice!! Thank you!! It was actually my fault, because the info was not in any recent emails, only in the original email they sent weeks ago. I appreciate your help!
You're welcome, glad you found the info you needed. Good luck tomorrow!! Let us all know how it goes!

II for Erie just now!!! 3.35 sGPA 3.45 cGPA 508 MCAT

Got a text for an II at seton hill

It was to Erie!

Received and submitted secondary 7/1 and was under review 7/3
Got a text and then an email

Damn, I thought I may get a look in since I've been under review for a few weeks, but I only received and submitted the secondary on 7/7 so I guess it'll probably be another week or two for me.

Oh well, atleast I have my interview at BCOM to look forward to. :smug:

Received and submitted 7/1 and was under review 7/3 as well. Still haven't heard anything....

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Ah! Got a Seton Hill interview just now!!! :)

Just got my first II!!! Erie!
Submitted 7/14, cGPA 3.5+, sGPA 3.4+, MCAT 505

Interview went well. Honestly, the actual interviewing portion is very brief (12 minutes for me) there were around 40 people there. Yes it is 1500 for an acceptance and an additional 500 in April. Anybody can dm me if they want, but it is pretty relaxed.

Interview went well. Honestly, the actual interviewing portion is very brief (12 minutes for me) there were around 40 people there. Yes it is 1500 for an acceptance and an additional 500 in April. Anybody can dm me if they want, but it is pretty relaxed.
That's great! OK, here are the questions!
How do you think it went for you specifically?
Did they ask you any specific questions?
How do you like the school/program/area?
With 40 people in the interview, did everyone get a chance to speak? I saw on another thread that in the group interviews, you should be assertive but not aggressive, but I'm sure it depends on your group.
Sorry for so many questions - with this being my first II, I want to be prepared!

Just got my first interview this afternoon :D I'm still on the fence between Seton Hill and Eerie, does anyone have tips or observations for why they liked one campus over the other? Also, any tips on how to perform well on the interview? Anything I should be sure to bring to interview day? Also how long did it least, was it like MMIs, and how were the dispositions of the interviewers? Anything you wish you had done differently? I've been applying so early and freaking out all summer!

That's great! OK, here are the questions!
How do you think it went for you specifically?
Did they ask you any specific questions?
How do you like the school/program/area?
With 40 people in the interview, did everyone get a chance to speak? I saw on another thread that in the group interviews, you should be assertive but not aggressive, but I'm sure it depends on your group.
Sorry for so many questions - with this being my first II, I want to be prepared!

Oh crap, I forgot they did group interviews.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone else getting an error page when they try to submit their Secondary?

Server Error in '/ICS' Application.
The wait operation timed out
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The wait operation timed out

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
Yes, in the same boat as you. Just guessing, but they might be doing maintenance on the server overnight.

Did you have a group interview? If so, how did that go? I can't find much information about this type of interview online =/
Thank you!

Anyone else interviewing on 8/31?

when youre at the interview you decide if you want to find out your admissions decision on october 1(maybe 14?) or november 14th. very relaxed interviews

Would you mind sharing your interview experience?
they do an info session when you get there that lasts 1 hour, then a break, then group interviews. 6 or 7 applicants in each room with 2 interviewers asking questions . very relaxed. then a tour. then you choose to do an individual interview for a max of 8 minutes then an optional lunch and tour of the fitness center (a lot of people didnt do the fitness tour so idk how it was)

when youre at the interview you decide if you want to find out your admissions decision on october 1(maybe 14?) or november 14th. very relaxed interviews
Curious, I chose to interview only a week before the October decision release because I am in the area then anyways and did not want to travel twice there. Do you know if I will still get to know in October or if I will have to wait until November?