2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they were reviewing my application in detail prior to even receiving a secondary, as I was in contact with admissions addressing certain questions they had. My primary went in late may though. I wouldn't make any assumptions yet, we still have a bit to go. Keep your heads up, a lot of you guys have great stats!

Reactions: 1 user
Relax, they are still reviewing and it is still early. Most places send a rejection email so you may just be wait listed or they have not gotten to it yet

Reactions: 3 users
Relax, they are still reviewing and it is still early. Most places send a rejection email so you may just be wait listed or they have not gotten to it yet

I know this is a stressful time but we have to be patient and I agree with you. If this is super stressful how are we going to handle real life or death situations when we are doctors?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone who has interviewed know how long it lasted? How it went?

I have been calling them about my fee waiver issue, they keep giving me different email addresses to send it to.. and still nothing. I will keep calling until this gets resolved.
Any updates? I also asked for a fee waiver. And haven't received a response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, the last time I spoke with someone in admissions they told me to give it about a week though.
My application says under review. Does that mean the fee waiver went through. I also received an email stating that my supplemental application was processed on July 18th?

Best

My application says under review. Does that mean the fee waiver went through. I also received an email stating that my supplemental application was processed on July 18th?

Best
I have no idea.I guess you are good since you got an email stating that your supplemental app was processed.
Just checked and mine says "in progress" im calling them again

Last edited:
No I meant I'm not receiving II and I submitted by secondary on 7/3 so..

Lol guys just because you don't get an interview at the same time as everyone else, it does not mean you're automatically rejected. They put applicants on hold or on the back burner almost always until they interview more competitive applicants. That's just the way it is. If you have good/average stats and stellar everything else, you may get an II in December/January.

You are rejected when you get the rejection email. Remember that :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone bear news from Seton Hill?

Hi guys, my AACOMAS was verified and submitted on 6/30/17. I still haven't gotten an invitation to complete the secondary even tough I got it for every other school. I have a 3.90 GPA and 505 MCAT and a committee letter of recommendation. Should I be worried? I thought I would be competitive...

PS- something I wish I knew about LECOM before I went is that Erie is a refugee sanction. It's a super + in my book

PS- something I wish I knew about LECOM before I went is that Erie is a refugee sanction. It's a super + in my book

Absolutely beautiful news, thank you for sharing!

Hi guys, my AACOMAS was verified and submitted on 6/30/17. I still haven't gotten an invitation to complete the secondary even tough I got it for every other school. I have a 3.90 GPA and 505 MCAT and a committee letter of recommendation. Should I be worried? I thought I would be competitive...
you are competitive. Call them, it doesn't hurt it can only show interest especially since you've submitted almost a month ago

Any updates? I also asked for a fee waiver. And haven't received a response.
Update: after what seemed like a week, they finally processed my fee waiver and sent me to complete email. This has been the hardest DO school to process my waiver thus far haha.
have u heard anything on your end?

you are competitive. Call them, it doesn't hurt it can only show interest especially since you've submitted almost a month ago

Just called the office of admissions. I got the response that it is because I am international, and even tough my application is great, chances for admission are very low. The gentleman acknowledged that they state that they consider international applicants, however, in reality they do not accept any international students. I feel pretty stupid about submitting my primary there.

Just called the office of admissions. I got the response that it is because I am international, and even tough my application is great, chances for admission are very low. The gentleman acknowledged that they state that they consider international applicants, however, in reality they do not accept any international students. I feel pretty stupid about submitting my primary there.

I think you're being misinformed. I'm an international student (albeit Canadian) and I've had my secondary submitted. Try getting in touch with a higher up and you might get different information.

Anyone care to share what questions they asked on the secondary? Just trying to get an idea of how similar they are to other programs.

Anyone care to share what questions they asked on the secondary? Just trying to get an idea of how similar they are to other programs.
I don't think there were any, at least no essay questions.. just campus choice and a few other things. definitely won't take much time if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I have an interview here next month and i received an email from LECOM saturday morning asking me to apply??? Did anyone else..

do you think it could be because i sent a primary to bradenton campus too but never sent in my secondary?

I have an interview here next month and i received an email from LECOM saturday morning asking me to apply??? Did anyone else..

do you think it could be because i sent a primary to bradenton campus too but never sent in my secondary?

Not sure. I just got an email from Bradenton asking for a secondary when I already have an interview,seems like they are having some mix ups.

Not sure. I just got an email from Bradenton asking for a secondary when I already have an interview,seems like they are having some mix ups.

I got the same email. o_O

I think you're being misinformed. I'm an international student (albeit Canadian) and I've had my secondary submitted. Try getting in touch with a higher up and you might get different information.

I went higher up and sent a respectful email, I got the secondary the next morning. I almost gave up on them, but I'm glad I contacted the director of admissions. Thanks!

Does anyone know how their group interviews go? I can't seem to find an official page on the LECOM website...

Rejection from Bradenton! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Interview in 3 days. . . we'll see how it goes

This might be a silly question but for those of you that got IIs, what did your admissions status change to? Did it say congrats you got an interview or did you get an email before your status changed on the portal? Just trying to figure out what to look for!

This might be a silly question but for those of you that got IIs, what did your admissions status change to? Did it say congrats you got an interview or did you get an email before your status changed on the portal? Just trying to figure out what to look for!
It said, "Congrats, you have been selected for an interview" on the portal first. I got an email later on in the day.

for people who have already interviewed here....have decisions gone out yet? When do they start notifying if you've been accepted?

for people who have already interviewed here....have decisions gone out yet? When do they start notifying if you've been accepted?
The earliest they are supposed to hand out acceptances is October 1st (if you opted for early admission)

The earliest they are supposed to hand out acceptances is October 1st (if you opted for early admission)
Thanks for your response....what do you mean by early admission? is the only advantage of waiting to hear in November saving the deposit? Did anyone ever clarify what the fee is to hold your spot? Thank you!!!

Thanks for your response....what do you mean by early admission? is the only advantage of waiting to hear in November saving the deposit? Did anyone ever clarify what the fee is to hold your spot? Thank you!!!

On the day you interview you'll fill out a form which lets you rank your preferences for the pathways at LECOM, you'll also select early or regular admission- Oct 1st or November 15th? respectively. But if you select early, you'll have 30 days to put down the deposit, which has been $1500 from my understanding. This all information that I've received from reading previous threads, so this may have changed for this cycle

Thought I'd give this a try....

Anyone interviewing here August 11th??

I am flying in to Cleveland since flights to Erie are outrageous and considering taking a bus to Erie from there. If anyone wants to link up and split a hotel room cost or other travel expenses that'd be awesome as this process is very pricey!! PM if you are interested or know someone, also would be cool to meet one of ya'll out on the trail to medical school!