2017-2018 LECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know when those people interviewed?
I don’t know the specific date but one was from a while ago, I want to say also March but was a rejection.

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t know the specific date but one was from a while ago, I want to say also March but was a rejection.
Damn... I interviewed in March too and my portal changed on 5/16. Still waiting for the letter but it's all looking so bleak now.

Reactions: 1 user
Damn... I interviewed in March too and my portal changed on 5/16. Still waiting for the letter but it's all looking so bleak now.
Yeah, same. Interviewed March 6th. I guess we'll see. No letter yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 3/23 at SH, portal change 5/16, received alternate list mail today. Anyone know what the chances of getting off the alternate list are at this point?

Interviewed 3/23 at SH, portal change 5/16, received alternate list mail today. Anyone know what the chances of getting off the alternate list are at this point?

What state are you in? Trying to figure out when my letter might come

What state are you in? Trying to figure out when my letter might come
Same interview date at SH and portal change date for me. My portal changed to say I was waitlisted at SH, but I also received a letter today. I’m in North Dakota.

I don’t know about each campus in particular but when I interviewed in April the said the waitlist/alternate list was ~140 students long. They said they have no order for pulling from the lists and they re-review the list each time they consider students. Considering deposits are due May 30th to accept seats, I would assume anytime after that will be when the list has any significant movement

Does anyone know what the weekly schedule for PBL looks like? I remember hearing they have three 2-hour seasons throughout the week, but what times are those sessions held? And when would the OMM classes be?

Does anyone know what the weekly schedule for PBL looks like? I remember hearing they have three 2-hour seasons throughout the week, but what times are those sessions held? And when would the OMM classes be?
Recommend consulting the student handbook, though I don't recall seeing a specific sample schedule in there.

My understanding is that yes, PBL is 3x a week for a couple hours each session. I believe other courses often take place on the other two days of the week but could be wrong. Also, we will be in class pretty much full time for the first ~10 weeks of anatomy as far as I can tell. Someone please correct me if I am flat out wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone think/know if there will be anymore waitlist movement?

I’ll be declining my waitlist spot here so hopefully that helps one of you get in!!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know how many candidates on the wait/alternate lists? Just wondering.

Does anyone know if your portal changes when you are on the waitlist and getting an acceptance before you recieve the letter?

Does anyone know if your portal changes when you are on the waitlist and getting an acceptance before you recieve the letter?

From what I understand the school sends you a "you are a high priority" letter, and you have to say you are still interested. Then from there if you are offered a spot your portal changes and then you get a letter.

From what I understand the school sends you a "you are a high priority" letter, and you have to say you are still interested. Then from there if you are offered a spot your portal changes and then you get a letter.

That's different from the waitlist/alternate letter, correct?

The high priority email was saying that your top priority pathway may not be the one they select for you and asked if you would accept a seat in a different path. Not necessarily that you specifically are high priority. Many that selected PBL received this due to the fact that this path is filled/filling mostly already. Just to clarify.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone hear from SH following continued interest email a few weeks ago?

Has anybody received the "high priority" email for LECOM Erie? If so, what did it say?

Has anybody received the "high priority" email for LECOM Erie? If so, what did it say?

It sounds like high priority was for those who chose pathways that were being filled up already, but not high priority wait list or anything like that. Is it safe to say that someone on the alternate list will NOT hear back as of right now?

I was called by LECOM and offered a spot on the waitlist. It was interesting that they called to be offered a waitlist spot.
Has anyone else got any phone calls?

I interview the first week of May and just got a waitlist letter in the mail. Now the waiting game ensues.

Got the call for acceptance to Erie DSP this morning. Interviewed 1st week of May as well.

Does anyone know when major wait-list movement happens here?

Has anyone received a financial aid package?

Has anyone received a financial aid package?
Financial Aid should be awarded at the end of June. That’s when we received ours last summer. They typically do it a month in advanced and then the money is delivered in a “refund check” several weeks after classes begin.

Does anyone know if waitlisted candidates get a rejection letter or notification? I interviewed 3/16 at Erie, was waitlisted 4/18 and haven't heard anything back? Am I just going to be on hold? I put LDP as my top pathway, and haven't received any communication from LECOM except on 4/25 to tell me about this magical "high priority" group from the waitlist.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if waitlisted candidates get a rejection letter or notification? I interviewed 3/16 at Erie, was waitlisted 4/18 and haven't heard anything back? Am I just going to be on hold? I put LDP as my top pathway, and haven't received any communication from LECOM except on 4/25 to tell me about this magical "high priority" group from the waitlist.
If they don’t pull you from the waitlist they will just leave you on hold until classes begin July 27th unfortunately.

I never got such email, is it safe to say I won't be pulled off the waitlist?

I never got such email, is it safe to say I won't be pulled off the waitlist?

I got an email on 4/25 explaining how the waitlist works and about the high priority list, but not that I was on high priory or anything. I believe this email was sent to everyone. @docthatDOes is that the email you were talking about, or an email stating that you were on high priority?

I got an email on 4/25 explaining how the waitlist works and about the high priority list, but not that I was on high priory or anything. I believe this email was sent to everyone. @docthatDOes is that the email you were talking about, or an email stating that you were on high priority?

I never got an email telling me I was on the high priority list, so I'm referring to the same 4/25 email.

If they don’t pull you from the waitlist they will just leave you on hold until classes begin July 27th unfortunately.

Well that's unfortunate. I would love to have some sort of definite answer so I can decide if I'm going to commit to reapplying or not.

Hey guys! I was just wondering what the minimum MCAT score is for LECOM. I didn't do too well, so I am planning to retake it, so I want to know what I should aim for.

Just spoke with admissions from LECOM Erie/Seton Hill. They are currently full. There is little to no movement on the waitlist.

Just got an email from a LECOM Bradenton addressed email saying that LECOMs application year has closed... anyone know if this could be only Bradenton or all of LECOM?? There was no language describing solely former and it sounded pretty general...

What a crazy applicant pool it seems like if the waitlist movement halted so early...

Got the same email. I think its addressing the fact that they are done looking at applications and are finished doing interviews for the cycle. I would think its the same for the rest of LECOM since they are allegedly full and the last interview was in the beginning of May. Definitely agree on your last statement tho - so early!

Just spoke with admissions from LECOM Erie/Seton Hill. They are currently full. There is little to no movement on the waitlist.
Did they tell you that they predict little to no waitlist movement? An admissions recruiter told me last month that they average 40-100 spots a year.

Wow, every year admissions to medical school is tighter and tighter. D.O and M.D. It seems like a crapshoot for a lot of us (definitely was for me, I had no idea where I would get accepted so I looked at schools and went from there). Nice to know though.

Withdrew my acceptance today (Erie, DSP) to attend UIWSOM. Fingers crossed that someone here gets in - there's still hope!

Reactions: 3 users
Did they tell you that they predict little to no waitlist movement? An admissions recruiter told me last month that they average 40-100 spots a year.
Few people I know went to an open house recently and were told that there isn’t expected to be much movement evidently. Surely there will still be a few up until July though so you never can tell.

Any student that can message me about the DSP option? Thanks so much.