Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

2017-2018 LECOM

Discussion in 'Osteopathic School-Specific Discussions' started by AlteredScale, Apr 8, 2017.

1. SVT2018

Pre-Medical
    Yes, I received the email from the admissions office a few weeks ago.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. YaasQueen

So does this mean that if our portals changed this morning and we have an acceptance to another school we will likely be getting rejection letters?

4. gurlkaur

Pre-Medical
    Was the email just explaining the wait list or that you specifically were high priority?

5. PediatricEndo

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Anyone have any luck with calling?

Interviewed 4/6, status changed for the first time yesterday to say I'd be getting a letter in the mail. That has to be a rejection, right? Because I wasn't even waitlisted?

6. ruskibearjew

Pre-Medical
    They send you a letter that you have to send back to them if you want to accept a seat on the WL/AltList, then the portal will change to "confirmed seat on waitlist blah blah"

7. ruskibearjew

Pre-Medical
    Seton Hill or Erie?

8. SVT2018

Pre-Medical
    The e-mail was more discussing different learning pathways and if I would still be interested in attending if I was placed into a low priority ranked pathway. Wasn't anything specifically saying "high priority"

9. Kohara7549

Medical Student
    Just withdrew my acceptance at the Erie campus for a school in-state. Hopefully it goes to one of you patiently waiting for an acceptance!

skiskii, icamel, CoachScar^_^ and 5 others like this.
  10. icamel

Pre-Medical
    Well... what were your rankings in pathways?

11. SVT2018

Pre-Medical
    I ranked the lecture low and there most likely that is what seats will be available. Ranked the DSP and PBL high.

12. icamel

Pre-Medical
    H
    Mmm... I think it would be an acceptance. If you think about it, why would they reject someone from a wait/alternate list? I think once you get to the wait/alternate list stage, the only options are to get accepted or to never get off the wait/ alternate list. So from my perspective I don't think you have anything to worry about... but perhaps congratulations?

Hypotenuse likes this.
  13. icamel

Pre-Medical
    Hmm... so from that logic anyone who has a portal change that also has PBL listed as a primary ranked program will probably not get an acceptance but a wait/alternate list or a rejection? I recall putting PBL as my primary interest.

14. Hypotenuse

Pre-Medical
    Not necessarily. PBL is not for everyone. They were surprisingly vocal about that in my interview.

I don't think you can make that leap. See above. In my experience when you interview at a school with multiple campus or pathway options (like LECOM, OU HCOM) with one app process for all, they ask you over and over what you prefer and what you will accept if push comes to shove. They said in the LECOM interview they would consider you for any option you marked on that form as far as pathway and campus preference goes; assuming you ranked every campus & delivery option, you would be considered for any/all of them as slots open up, based on your preference rankings. It sounds to me like the wait/alternate list email of several weeks ago (which I did not receive) was just another avenue to ask/confirm your preferences and if you'd be open to alternatives.

This! I think they rejected those who were clearly not a fit soon after the interview. Some folks got quick acceptances and the rest of us were wait/alternate listed either 'officially' by letter/email or 'unofficially' by not hearing anything at all (like me, who interviewed in March). Given we're 10-ish weeks before orientation, I think their singular focus at this point has to be matching from their finite wait/alt list of candidates to a continually variable roster of openings as seats become available. Surely at least a handful of slots opened with the 5/15 DO deadline and several of us reported the "admissions decision" portal status changes over the last couple of days. We'll certainly see when the letters arrive, but I really think this is going to be a congratulations situation!

icamel and GrittyStudent like this.
  15. GrittyStudent

Pre-Medical

^^^ Yes, I remember asking on interview day about this. Pathway ranking will not determine the admissions decision. Rather they will offer you what they can based on preferences. So you will get in but maybe with a different pathway if the one you ranked first has already filled up

lesdieux and Hypotenuse like this.
  16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. yontbont704

Does anyone know if the delayed “portal change” related to acceptances or rejections in the previous years? I don’t think portals should still be in question this late.

Thank you

18. JustanotherMDhopeful

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone know what it means if my portal changed to "under review" after the interview process. I thought under review was only for applications that had not yet been selected for interview. Thanks for the help :)

19. icamel

Pre-Medical
    When did you interview?

20. yontbont704

21. PediatricEndo

Does 30 days actually mean 30 days? How long until you all received your letters?

22. PediatricEndo

However, keep in mind that it's possible that their wait list is plentiful and they are now rejecting those who were left "on hold" with no waitlist or alt list decision. Just a thought, considering that's my position.

23. icamel

Pre-Medical
    Are you saying you got rejected after a long wait after your interview?

24. 1pharmD1995

Just got my acceptance letter for this fall for LDP. Good luck to everyone else waiting!

icamel and Hypotenuse like this.
  25. yontbont704

When did you interview?

26. icamel

Pre-Medical
    Was that your top pathway choice?

27. 1pharmD1995

I interviewed 4/27

28. 1pharmD1995

Yep this was my top choice! :)

29. PediatricEndo

What day were you notified/what day did your portal change?

30. 1pharmD1995

Changed on 5/15. Not sure how long the mail was there but I live across the street from campus, so had I checked every day the mail probably came in Thursday or Friday.

A couple of people I know having portal changes that same day were apparently waitlisted or even rejected so I’m not sure if there is a correlation or not.

#1878 1pharmD1995, May 20, 2018 at 1:24 PM
    Last edited: May 20, 2018 at 8:02 PM
  31. icamel

Pre-Medical
    Do you know when those people interviewed?

32. Hypotenuse

Pre-Medical
    I interviewed in March. My portal changed around 5/15. The letter I received on Saturday was for the alternate list.

33. 1pharmD1995

I don’t know the specific date but one was from a while ago, I want to say also March but was a rejection.

34. icamel

Pre-Medical
    Damn... I interviewed in March too and my portal changed on 5/16. Still waiting for the letter but it's all looking so bleak now.

honeybakedsam likes this.
  35. PediatricEndo

Yeah, same. Interviewed March 6th. I guess we'll see. No letter yet.

36. 1pharmD1995

Still time everyone, don’t give up.

Hypotenuse likes this.
  37. YaasQueen

Interviewed 3/23 at SH, portal change 5/16, received alternate list mail today. Anyone know what the chances of getting off the alternate list are at this point?

38. PediatricEndo

What state are you in? Trying to figure out when my letter might come

39. YaasQueen

TN

40. CazadorFalconry

Medical Student (Accepted)
    Same interview date at SH and portal change date for me. My portal changed to say I was waitlisted at SH, but I also received a letter today. I’m in North Dakota.

41. PediatricEndo

Interviewed 5/6, portal changed 5/15, received waitlist letter 5/21.

42. 1pharmD1995

I don’t know about each campus in particular but when I interviewed in April the said the waitlist/alternate list was ~140 students long. They said they have no order for pulling from the lists and they re-review the list each time they consider students. Considering deposits are due May 30th to accept seats, I would assume anytime after that will be when the list has any significant movement

lesdieux likes this.
  43. Cyndr

Does anyone know what the weekly schedule for PBL looks like? I remember hearing they have three 2-hour seasons throughout the week, but what times are those sessions held? And when would the OMM classes be?

44. parslea

Recommend consulting the student handbook, though I don't recall seeing a specific sample schedule in there.

My understanding is that yes, PBL is 3x a week for a couple hours each session. I believe other courses often take place on the other two days of the week but could be wrong. Also, we will be in class pretty much full time for the first ~10 weeks of anatomy as far as I can tell. Someone please correct me if I am flat out wrong.

45. yontbont704

Any portal change information today? Anyone still waiting?

46. Dr2618

Pre-Medical
    Does anyone think/know if there will be anymore waitlist movement?

47. Dr2618

Pre-Medical
    I’ll be declining my waitlist spot here so hopefully that helps one of you get in!!