You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2017 Canadian Internal medicine royal college exam study group
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I would like to join you. Skype is preferred.Hello, I'm looking for a study group for the 2017 Canadian Internal medicine royal college exam.
Skype preferred.
Please message me if interested
Thanks
Last edited:
I would like to join you. Skype is preferred.
Hi I finished my training in USA and I need help with upcoming Rc IM exam 2018 ( study partner, materials, advice) pls let me know we can study through Skype. Thanks
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi I finished my training in USA and I need help with upcoming Rc IM exam 2018 ( study partner, materials, advice) pls let me know we can study through Skype. Thanks
Hi
I need study partner/ materials for RC Im 2018 exam, my e mail: [email protected]
free_ibrahim
New Member
I am preparing for the 2019 exam. Anyone interested in joining me?
free_ibrahim
New Member
I am preparing for the 2019 exam. Are you interested in joining me?Does anyone know if Canadian citizens that are US qualified internist/hospitalist can come back to Canada and practice without having to do residency again?
I am interested!I am preparing for the 2019 exam. Anyone interested in joining me?
Hello, I'm looking for a study group for the 2017 Canadian Internal medicine royal college exam.
Skype preferred.
Please message me if interested
Thanks
Have you completed your exam?
free_ibrahim
New Member
no, planning to take it in March 2019.
free_ibrahim
New Member
I registered for the March 2019 exam and thought the earlier we start preparing the betterHave you completed your exam?
Hey there,
I'm currently in the USA - trying to make my way back to Canada - by way of 2 fellowships.
I've yet to register for the 2019 IM examination but I plan to. Any suggestions on the best tools to use and how I can get a hold of them?
I'm currently in the USA - trying to make my way back to Canada - by way of 2 fellowships.
I've yet to register for the 2019 IM examination but I plan to. Any suggestions on the best tools to use and how I can get a hold of them?
I am very interested. Taking the exam this SpringI am preparing for the 2019 exam. Anyone interested in joining me?
Let us share resources. Also OSCE prep
I am very interested. Taking the exam this Spring
I am taking RC exam this spring. interested to join study group
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am preparing for the 2019 exam. Anyone interested in joining me?
Iam taking the exam this spring. interested to join a group
What study materials you are using? Let us shareI am taking RC exam this spring. interested to join study group
I am interested in a study group
Let us all connect
Hey there,
I'm currently in the USA - trying to make my way back to Canada - by way of 2 fellowships.
I've yet to register for the 2019 IM examination but I plan to. Any suggestions on the best tools to use and how I can get a hold of them?
For the written part, conventional US material is probably adequate (e.g. MKSAP, Medstudy, etc). The written exam was similar to the US ABIM exam.
I was a US trainee. The problem for me was the OSCE/ live case exam.
US training in physical diagnosis is weak. We use CT scan and echo to do physical exam, and so my bedside skill was weak. Canadian trainees have limited access to imaging and they rely much more on physical diagnosis.
To bridge the gap, I used materials from UK MRCP Part 2 live cases teaching materials. The following books I found especially useful:
Ryder, "An Aid to the MRCP PACES: Volumes 1, 2 and 3: Stations 1-5" .
Nicholas Talley's "Examination Medicine: A Guide to Physician Training."
I went to London to take a one week MRCP (Part 2) PACES/ short case course. We had to demonstrate UK's style clinical techniques to the tutors. I learned a lot that week, and the live case course really helped me pass the Royal College exam.
Last edited:
Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this woth us. Are you aware of any similar courses for OSCE in Canada ?For the written part, conventional US material is probably adequate (e.g. MKSAP, Medstudy, etc). The written exam was similar to the US ABIM exam.
I was a US trainee. The problem for me was the OSCE/ live case exam.
US training in physical diagnosis is weak. We use CT scan and echo to do physical exam, and so my bedside skill was weak. Canadian trainees have limited access to imaging and they rely much more on physical diagnosis.
To bridge the gap, I used materials from UK MRCP Part 2 live cases teaching materials. The following books I found especially useful:
Ryder, "An Aid to the MRCP PACES: Volumes 1, 2 and 3: Stations 1-5" .
Nicholas Talley's "Examination Medicine: A Guide to Physician Training."
I went to London to take a one week MRCP (Part 2) PACES/ short case course. We had to demonstrate UK's style clinical techniques to the tutors. I learned a lot that week, and the live case course really helped me pass the Royal College exam.
Also because at the end of finishing a fellowship and preparing for its boards I opted to delay taking the Royal College exam for IM this year. The Royal College told me this will be counted as an attempt not failure (Not taking 2019 exam). Do you know if this would impact my Career in Canada and licensing in any way?
I have no idea how this will impact your job search,but I don’t think the provincial colleges care. In Canadian training centers, trainees have dedicated teaching sessions for this exam. These internal training are not available to outsiders. If you know the faculties, I suppose they may help you. But like I said, go to the UK for a week and you will be able to address this gap in physical diagnosis. They do offer online courses but nothing beats doing it in oerson% I had a fabulous time in London and learned a lot about UK system.Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this woth us. Are you aware of any similar courses for OSCE in Canada ?
Also because at the end of finishing a fellowship and preparing for its boards I opted to delay taking the Royal College exam for IM this year. The Royal College told me this will be counted as an attempt not failure (Not taking 2019 exam). Do you know if this would impact my Career in Canada and licensing in any way?
But you need to be aware of the difficult job situation for a lot of sub-specialists in themajor hospitals. I suppose you can open your own practice or work in rural centers. You really need to have some kind of connections. But this is really not that different from US. Another option for you is to do a sub-sub-specialty fellowship in Canada in a field that people are not interested in or where there are no jobs.
Hey I am. I'm nearby in Baltimore and I've already started studying alone since July. Can you private message me either your email or what's app number?Is anyone else looking for a Spring 2020 Royal College Internal Medicine exam study group? I am located in NYC and looking to meet others to form a cyber group with weekly calls/skype to review old exams. Thank you
Thanks!
PS. I should mention I also know another 1-2 people who I'll be studying with but they haven't started yet.
Jthor123455789
New Member
Hello! I am also interested in joining a discussion about the 2020 IM exam. I started studying back in September and am making good progress with MKSAP. So far what I have found to work best is to use Board Essentials to refresh my memory (I took ABIM 3-years ago) and then read passages more in depth if I need additional review, then master the flashcards, then do all the questions in study mode. What is everyone else using? My plan has been to focus on MKSAP and then look at Canadian specific guidelines (e.g. CRC screening is different in CDN compared to US). Assuming at pass, then I plan to focus on JAMA RCE for the oral portion. What is everyone else doing? Best of success everyone! Jonathon
Last edited:
Well I am taking it this Spring. So you think MKSAP is enough for the written part?Hello! I am also interested in joining a discussion about the 2020 IM exam. I started studying back in September and am making good progress with MKSAP. So far what I have found to work best is to use Board Essentials to refresh my memory (I took ABIM 3-years ago) and then read passages more in depth if I need additional review, then master the flashcards, then do all the questions in study mode. What is everyone else using? My plan has been to focus on MKSAP and then look at Canadian specific guidelines (e.g. CRC screening is different in CDN compared to US). Assuming at pass, then I plan to focus on JAMA RCE for the oral portion. What is everyone else doing? Best of success everyone! Jonathon
Hi there I am interested can you kindly message meHey I am. I'm nearby in Baltimore and I've already started studying alone since July. Can you private message me either your email or what's app number?
Thanks!
PS. I should mention I also know another 1-2 people who I'll be studying with but they haven't started yet.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interested. I am using mksap 18 hopefully someone would help us figure it outI would like to prepare for the 2020 exam. Any advice on what material to buy? Also looking for a partner to discuss topics once a week in the beginning and more when need be. Thanks
Any tips for the OSCE part? Prep course?MKSAP and also Uworld, if you do a prep course you will be over the top. Uworld for questions
Hey guys, I've PM-ed everyone that's posted above (I think). If I've missed you, feel free to private message me.
Hi, I am new to this board and my husband and I are actually thinking of sitting for 2021 exam. Figure it is never too early to prep. I am reading a lot about old questions, are these part of your study group? We would like to be a part of the group if possible! Thanks
dragonboi99
New Member
looking for a study partner/group for the september 2020 royal college im exam. please message if interested.
I am also taking the exam in Sept 2020, please reply at [email protected] to connect.looking for a study partner/group for the september 2020 royal college im exam. please message if interested.
I am taking exam in Sept 2020, if there is a skype study group I am interested to be part of same. ThanksHey guys, I've PM-ed everyone that's posted above (I think). If I've missed you, feel free to private message me.
Hello Geeky MD, I am interested in discussing old questions, I am taking exam in September 2020. BTW do you date of exam in September.I would like to prepare for the 2020 exam. Any advice on what material to buy? Also looking for a partner to discuss topics once a week in the beginning and more when need be. Thanks
Hello Mokateb, I am interested in discussing old questions. I am in US Indianapolis. Please email me at [email protected], ThanksHello everyone. I am interested in joining the group for the 2020 spring exam. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I am currently in the US.
imransamnani
New Member
I am in US. studying MKSAP 18 for fall 2020 RCC IM. Does anyone has pool of old questions that someone can mail/email? I will pay for it, if you wish along with shipping cost. HIghly appreciated.
Hey I am taking the exam in September please reply to me on WhatsApp or email [email protected]Is anyone else looking for a Spring 2020 Royal College Internal Medicine exam study group? I am located in NYC and looking to meet others to form a cyber group with weekly calls/skype to review old exams. Thank you
Let's connect fast to get started
Hey I am taking the exam in September please reply to me on WhatsApp or PM me on [email protected]Hey I am. I'm nearby in Baltimore and I've already started studying alone since July. Can you private message me either your email or what's app number?
Thanks!
PS. I should mention I also know another 1-2 people who I'll be studying with but they haven't started yet.
Let's connect fast to get started
Yes I am interested, I am taking the exam in Sept 2020, I have the material to study, please contact at baigmd0921atgmaildotcomIs anyone else looking for a Spring 2020 Royal College Internal Medicine exam study group? I am located in NYC and looking to meet others to form a cyber group with weekly calls/skype to review old exams. Thank you
Hello BowlapaHey I am. I'm nearby in Baltimore and I've already started studying alone since July. Can you private message me either your email or what's app number?
Thanks!
PS. I should mention I also know another 1-2 people who I'll be studying with but they haven't started yet.
I am a US residency and fellowship-trained, taking RCP exams in September.
Please PM me at baigmd0921 at gmail dotcom. We will practice and help each other succeed.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
HiIs anyone else looking for a Spring 2020 Royal College Internal Medicine exam study group? I am located in NYC and looking to meet others to form a cyber group with weekly calls/skype to review old exams. Thank you
I am taking in September too, please PM me to discuss
baigmd0921 at gmail dotcom
I am interested too, please PM at baig md0921 at gmail dotcomI am preparing for the 2019 exam. Are you interested in joining me?
Hi did you find old questions. Please let me know too.I am in US. studying MKSAP 18 for fall 2020 RCC IM. Does anyone has pool of old questions that someone can mail/email? I will pay for it, if you wish along with shipping cost. HIghly appreciated.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 6K